i am a very concerned parent my 11year old daughter has had a endoscopy during this procedure 2 teeth were knocked out she complained on an uncomforable feeling  after the procedure which I thought would be normal. 7 days after this my daughter started reguritating food and water, this is effortless it does not go to her stomach she is now just drinking around 500mls per day this is drinking intensively she cannot take a mouth full of juice but must take tiny tiny sips sometimes even this is hard to keep down.  She has been admitted to hospital but nothing has been done to identify the problem bar monitering her food and water intake as they say the endoscopy showed everything was normal.  The Gastric department has not seen her and dont feel they need to as they think its all in her head the paediatric doctor has now got the gastric doctors to see her as a out patient but as they are so busy this could take considerable period of time. mean while my daughter is frustrated hungery and thirsty we would like to know if anyone has suffered the same symptoms she does feels the food and drink is getting stuck in her throat and continually as to reswallow food to keep it down but liquid is harder to keep down as it comes up with force.????

When did your lump go away? It hurts to swallow and I am very worried. Please let me know if you took anything to make it stop? Thank you

waiting to get another endscopy test on monday the 18th by a childrens gastric doctor( privately) wants to check again for any signs of gastric reflux. my daughter takes very small bites of food and can only wet her mouth for a drink this globus feeling does not go away, she cannot eat and drink at the same time and drinking is worse. I would go to your doctor and ask to be refered to a gastric doctor, to rule out any physical obstructions then there is the psychological side which we are also exploring waiting for our first meeting next week. will keep u informed of what I find out. stress can make the whole situation worse I have been told by the gastric doctor there is dysphasia clinic's on the NHS to help with this globus feeling dont know it this is any help take care will let u know how we get on

My expereince was almost identical. I am here looking to see what I might be able to do. I am sure we must have had vocal chord damage as I also can no longer sing and have increased difficulty speaking. Throat always feels swollen and stiff 24/7 .

I have the same feeling now! Had my endoscopy 10 days ago and I'm in worse shape now. Really scared about this feeling in my throat in my chest. On omaprozole 2x a day but no relief. Everyone says the test is simple so why do I feel worse?

I would ask for a gastric emptying test to be done. This will show if she is digesting the food properly. This sounds like me. I was 16 when I was diagnosed with Gastroparesis, they thought it was in my head. I am now having problems swallowing my food and water. Just had a Endoscopy with dilation done on my esophagus. There is a lump, it hurts in my chest still when I eat, swallow. I went to ER on Sunday they put the scope back down and saw nothing there. Still throwing up any solid food I try to eat. I am on a full liquid diet only right now. I am at the point where I say no more doctor's.

When I had that procedure,  I had pain shooting down my arms and fingers, and nerve pain in my shoulders and could not   swim shortly after procedure during the summer in July,  still wonder if its related to my nerve pain. worsening throughout body. in shoulders and shooting arm and hand and finger pain.?

going through this at the moment. 6 days since endoscopy, getting more tired and irritable as i only get about 4 hours broken sleep per night. i have made an appointment with a separate Ear Nose and Throat clinic for 2 weeks time. today is 5/feb/2013. i am going to gargle with solpadine and gently swallow some of it to try pass it down to the lump and see will it ease the pain. worst part of all this is that the doctor who performed this procedure will not answer or return my calls. will post over the weeks to let you know how i get on.

gargling with soluble solpadiene didnt work so i sipped it and swallowed it slowly. i also stopped eating solid food and blended it as it was less harsh on my throat. i stored cold water in the fridge and ate ice cream products, sucking chocolate also helped. after 2 days it has eased greatly but i will go to ear, nose and throat specialist in 2 weeks anyway. my lumps appear to have been caused by bruising during a struggle as i got sick during the procedure i was unconscious at the time. this was my 6th time to get this done and only had issues with the last 2, both done with the same doctor. before following any of this advice i suggest you contact a doctor as i felt quite week and sick doing this and solpadeine can be addictive for some people. all i can say is it worked for me as it was only swelling. a permanent lump is a more serious issue. i will also get another doctor to do it next time. it is important to get it done as my cancer was detected on my 5th one, dont let the stories put you off.

how did your daughter get on? I have had issues with my stomach for years I have dyspepsia, gastroparesis, causes GERD acid reflux and silent heartburn where the acid bypasses chest area where heartburn is usually felt and actually burns my vocal chords causing hoarseness pain inflammation and sometimes even total loss of voice, I also have sinusitis that causes nasal drip down back of throat that adds to acid and burning causing nauseousness food regurgitation. There is lots of info about diets and lifestyles to help people with all my illnesses but nothing I've found yet to totally cure me, but at least I can follow steps to help reduce suffering, any questions just ask hope your all feeling better

Also think it a disgrace her teeth were knocked out! I'd be asking to change to different hospital ent department!

They could have damaged the Vagus nerve which if that happens she might have Gastroparesis. I have Gastroparesis. Here are some symptoms of Gastroparesis, if she does have it ask the doctors to order a gastric emptying test to be done. Some of the more common symptoms are: Early satiety (feeling full early in a meal or after just a few bites) Heartburn Weight loss (unintentional) Weight gain (unintentional) Abdominal bloating Abdominal pain Diarrhea Constipation Erratic blood glucose levels (mainly in Diabetes) Lack of appetite Gastroesophageal reflux Spasms of the stomach wall Chronic nausea Vomiting (especially of undigested food) Inability to tolerate dietary fats

Please tell me u know how to get rid of this lump in my throat. I had an endoscopy stretching and am in agony feel like im chocking.

I had an endoscopy done 6 months ago, and i have a big lump of about 3 centimeters on my left side of my throat , next to my thyroid area.

The b$%% young Asian id**t student who practice on me, messed me up. Now the doctors are trying to hide it by blaming it on my thyroid. THING IS that 3 months before my endoscopy, i had a CT scan done on my thyroid, and it was ok in terms of not been a BIG BALL ON THE SIDE OF MY TROUGH. As for the endoscopy. The next week when i went to see the gastro doctor, the asian doc never show up. instead the lead doctor sent another asian as^&*hoe to tell me that my stomach condition was one of those things you dont know why it happens and i have to live with it and basically told me to get the hell out of there.

Now that the lump seem not to go away, i went to a throat doctor> Which they ran to see the other CT SCAN done at their hospital LIJ Jewish hospital in hyde park new york. So now they want to focus on the thyroid, and pretend that is the problem. One of the doctors told me that they might operate and take it out. THIS will mean taking medications for the rest of my life. SCHOOL HOSPITALS ARE LIKE ANIMALS WHEN IT COMES TO TREAT PATIENTS WITH NO INSURANCE.

So now by reading this post, i will have to wait to get insurance and be seen at another hospital or doctor. I dont trust them anymore. I had an small enlargment in my thyroid 13 years ago, and is been there and ok. Now i have a totally different thing A BALL ON THE SIDE OF MY throat and all of the suttee my thyroid went to the left and grew over night --right after the endoscopy? Something sound really not right here.

I had endoscopy before, and they were as painful as this one done by this student. To be honest, i had one with no anesthesia in Spain, it didn't hurt at ALL!!!!

That stupid student/doctor sent me to emergency room for 4 days they were trying to find out what happens. At the end, they just cover it up, wash their hands, send me home with my stomach problem and a big lump in my throat. JOB WELL DONE Long Island Jewish! Later i found out that IF YOU DO HAVE INSURANCE, they send you to a BUILDING for GI, but none insured patients go to the LAB RAT which they call MEDICAL AMBULATORY CLINIC.

Iam a respiratory therapist and had my second acdf c7 c6 c5 c4 been one year with a lump in my throat. needs to be dilated says my gi doc whom I trust. so wednesday we will see. Doctors are like any professional some you want some you dont after 35 years in the icu you w.onder how anyone gets well good luck.