I had an endoscopy done a week ago and doc did dilation of esophagus. I have that same feeling of a knot or something stuck in my throat still. It's ruining my appetite and and causing my left ear to hurt too. After first day I was told it would be sore for 24-72 hours but it's not it's not easing up. They explained my muscles in throat were stretched and would take time to heal. If it keeps up I'll be going back to have it checked and get an explanation as to why this is still so bothersome.

I have endoscopy today 18.6.2013 I have pain in my chest and stomach and little bit heart problem and drugs for my relaxing are still affecting from 6 hours I was alone hospital and come alone by my car its was dangerous for me because I am forget about my 6 hours after endoscopy!

fygyou are obviously still medicated. hospitals do not let patients drive home. That was on you.

sorry to disagree but hospitals recommend that you dont drive home, they also say someone should accompany you but i was left unattended and due to too much medication i got up, got dressed and walked out of the hospital. they did not inform my next of kin i was gone. different hospitals offer different levels of care and i have no doubt many patients have walked out and driven home under medication. the hospital is responsible for your care until someone collects you or you are fit to be discharged.

I also had an endoscopy on 6/25/13. The feeling of a lump,difficulty swallowing etc. is horrid. This is my 4th endoscopy and never had this happen. Went to an ENT specialist and my PMD and everyone brushed it off. Hope it resolves soon as it is extremely uncomfortable. Funny taste in my mouth all the time and food does not taste the same. Now I know it is not my imagination since others have similar issues. See my Gastro MD on Tuesday, he has been calling me to see how I am. I know him many years and trusted his skills over the years. What a mess!!

Just had an endoscopy 3 days ago and having the same problems. Feel like there is something stuck in my throat and my ear really hurts. How long did it take for you to feel better?

Hi, i got an endoscopy 2 years ago and the pain still persist ... now another doctor is chekingwhy? Does anybody has this experience .. Btw. My name is Debora ... Im very concert ..Thanks

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

Hello. I had an endoscopy 4 weeks ago. About a week after I starting having burning feeling in throat, having to keep swallowing, swallowing feels awkward and a lump feeling there. Rung endoscopy unit and they said they hit heard of it before and doctor said he doesn't know what it is. Seeing doc again tomorrow. Really want it to be better, I've got it 24/7 Leon

yes i am suffering from the same problem exactly could u please let me know how are u feeling right now and what helped

5/29/2014     I'm thankful I found this thread.  I just had my endoscopy 6 days ago.  I JUST phoned the doc about this lumpinmy throat.  The entire throat had been sore, now thats gone, but this lump is now much more prevelant since its all not sore.  It leaves me feeling like an obstruction in my throat- almost like I got karate chopped in my 'adams apple'.  I will await the docs phone return, but see now- I am likely right on track.   If any of you read this that posted above, how long did it take for the lump feeling to go away?  Thanks, Sandi   

I just had an endoscopy on tues june 24 and 3 days later...I am having a "stuck" , can't swallow comfortably, lump of a feeling in my throat. (down at the base of my throat) I just don't feel right. I am wondering and asking myself....did this work? Or since I still feel it, does it mean the procedure didn't work? This is bothering me terribly. I can relate to all of you.

I am having similar issues. Feels like my esophagous is closing or tight. Food cannot pass through. Been on liquids and my doc just tells me to wait it out. Did it go away for you?

Hi, did it eventually go away for you? I am in so much agony. I cannot eat and don't know whatto do.

i HAD AN egD ON 11-18-14 AND WOKE UP WITH CHEST PAIN THE NEXT MRONING AND SORE THROAT.I finally amde my husband drive me to teh ER on sunday and they did bloodwork, another xray, EKG and they said lal looked fine. I continue to have the chest pain. The gastro doc doesn't seem to care and I have called there several times. The Er doc said that due to teh nature of teh procedure that cartlidge could have been tore and it takes weeks to heal. I was not told of all of teh compliactions of this procedure just that it was a simple procedure. yeah right. never again. They want to do the other end. hell NO! If I had reactions from thsi there is no way. It has been two weeks since teh procedure and I am concerned that there could be a perforation adn possibly nerve damage and my heart. I m 35 yr old female. Plus they screwed up my results and they do not match what the doctor did. I also had 6 biopsies which showed only mild gastritis. I also forgot to mention tat they were like oh I don't think it is from teh procedure. seriously??? I just want to find out that there is no lasting damage. I was told to follow up with my family doctor.Did anyone get a ct scan to show anything? They have high radiation so I am not thinking my doc will order one.

Two previous gastroscopies fine. Last Thursday another one, wothout sedation. Throat painful overnight but really sharp pain in my sternum. Eased it by sleeping in fortal position. Then bloated and nauseous. 5 days later. Feeling less queazy but lots of belching and spasm. Lying flat on back seems to help a bit and I drink plenty of fluids. My breathing also affected. Tried cV work at gym yesterday and it was a real struggle. From reports, clearly I am not alone in having these side effects so hope they will pass with time.