I had an endoscopy and colonoscopy two weeks ago, my colonoscopy was a nightmare, I felt every thing going through my guts, the anesthesia wasn't enough to knock me out, i was screening in the room and the dr seems she didn't care. My endoscopy was worst, pain in my throat , and I feel like knot. I called the dr office , I left few messages with the nurse for my dr, I never get anu respond back.thanks to dr sighn at sewidish hospital in Chicago.

Beginning month 4 since endoscopy and "post nasal drip" feeling is still there -- constantly trying to clear throat and swallow....What was outcome for you?

I hope you are feeling better.It took a few months for my throat to feel better and had to do a round of Bactrim.The heart pains subsides after a few months.I was only like 35 when I had that done.They definitely don't tell you what really happens.They want my dad to have a colonoscopy and I told him what really happens and the risks,I refuse to have either ever done again.

I had my gastroscope done last week!! Woke up, all was fine. Had a sore throat for a couple of days which I expected. But 4 days later i’ve Developed this lump in my throat sensation!!!

Nothing has seemed to clear it or eased the sensation. I would love to know if your symptoms have settled since your scopes?

When did you have this done?
I had it done 5 hrs ago.
Real sore when swallowing.
Pain in middle of chest comes and goes.
Did a bougie Dilation.

I had an endoscopy for the first time Nov 2017. It's now Feb 2018. I too feel like I have a post nasal drip in my throat, and when talking I feel like I have a shortness of air. Chest feels tight between lower sternum and upper stomach. Cardiologist ruled out any heart issues and felt was a GI issue.....my test results for endoscopy were all clear with no GI issues.

Very distressed. I feel like I now have gasto issues from this test. I.e. Gas, burping. Can't get a straight answer as to whether the scope could have possibly damaged the nerve, the flap that shields the acid reflux damage, or the areas where biopsies performed could have gotten infected weeks after procedure.

I just had an endoscopy yesterday and my entire chest was hurting and I am having a hard time swallowing. My entire neck is swollen! The doctor dilated my esophagus after I told him I had no problems swallowing. I have never felt this bad in my life. I can't swallow without pain. The pain was so bad, I had to go to ER, (which this doctor advised me against. The ER doctor said the symptoms sounded close to a torn esophagus. (Thank God that wasn't the case!) But what they did find was a bunch of inflammation. Inflammation so bad, it was affecting my heart. I feel just a little better, buy unfortunately my throat still hurts a great deal. :(

I had an upper endoscopy Friday. 4 days later I'm very sore. Day after I developed blisters in my throat, uvula swollen and very painful and bad ear ache on right side. Had to go to my regular physician and they gave me antibiotics and mouth wash. I have the worst taste in my mouth and seriously feel like I'm worn out. Was told I'm 1 out of 1000 to have this reaction.

I had this same problem back in 2005 after an endoscopy. I had chest pain for weeks and put on antibiotics for pleurisy.I was also having bad Acid that climbed up into my mouth and even made me puke because of the fish oil capsules I take made it 100 times worse and gross. I had feeling of huge lump in throat and felt like I was suffocating in my sleep and started having panic attacks as I was always waking up at night feeling like I couldn't breathe with my heart pounding and cold sweats. It lasted for 6 months. My doctor didn't believe me either so I went to ENT. He diagnosed me with GERD, which I didn't have before this procedure. It took about 2 years after starting Gerd medication (Prevacid) before it went away. But I also ended up with early osteoporosis and found out 1 year too late that there was a class action lawsuit against these companies that make GERD meds. And I was only taking a low dose. It is now 2018 and I have to go in for another endoscopy and am terrified I will have to spend 2 years like this again. But I was diagnosed with a hiatal hernia 2 years ago and am worried this could cause even more problems after endoscopy. But I need to have procedure to check for throat cancers as GERD is notorious for causing cancer. I am going to ask Dr. if he can use a child's GI scope this time and pray that will be a solution. I will also ask if they plan to dilate my throat. I came here looking for ways to avoid this complication and sadly was heartbroken to see SO MANY other people suffering from this problem with NO Answers from their doctors or multiple tests. I can't remember as it was so long ago, but I think the Gerd meds did help finally to get that lump feeling to go away, but now I have osteoporosis from those meds. So I don't know what kind of trade off that is. I'm sorry you all are having these issues too. I wish I had something better to post. :(

Did the lump feeling ever go away? I have the same issue after having my endoscopy and never had it before the procedure.

Are you feeling better now after the endoscopy?

curious to know how you are doing? I recently had an endoscopy with dilation 4 weeks ago and i am feeling this same lump in my throat that was not there before the dilation or the 3 weeks after for that matter. Is your lump feeling still there as i know this post was over a year ago? if not, how long did it last you after the dilation?

Is the triple therapy for H. Pylori?

How did this pan out for you. I’m having the same problem and had endoscopy 2 weeks ago. Dr told me I was probably getting sick when I came in for procedure but I wasn’t! He says it’s a cold. I’m so stressed about this. It feels like I was punched in the throat as well which is even more irritating

I had an endoscopy 2015 and had a sore throat after. And it went away within 24 hours i had another one 2 weeks ago they found an esophagus ulcer from eating too many pineapples,I developed a lump from throwing up after the eating of the pineapple incident from forcing the food to come out, the lump feeling when drinking water or eating went away within a week, so after the anesthesia wore off 2 days later I started feeling some tightness soreness come and go in the neck area where the lower throat slightly above the Adam’s apple to esophagus and trachea area and when it’s tight I talk I feel it tigthen a bit too it’s been 2 weeks went to my PCP which said ohh this is normal, take lozenges (halls) now I’ve developed acid reflux from thinking it’s something worse. Has anyone else also experience this? I Have a follow up with my GI on Tuesday and i pray that it’s nothing serious as It would pain me to have to get another endoscopy done. I’ll keep y’all updated