I would like to hear something about lymphadenopathy. My 5 years old son has trouble swallowing and his neck is so tender and painful on touch and when I touch it I could feel something like little balls moving in his neck from the both sides and up to yesterday he had high fever and that is why I have take him to the doc. anyway back there in hospital he was prescribed antibiotics after he was diagnosed with lymphadenopathy so I would like to hear what this lymphadenopathy actually is for to me it sounds like it could be something serious. Thanks.

In your son case lymphadenopathy means his neck lymph nodes are swollen and that is why he has those symptoms but already tomorrow he would feel much better for he started taking antibiotics which are usually prescribed if lymphadenopathy is caused by some bacteria for if it is viral than no treatment is needed for it usually disappear on its own. so basically those like little balls you touched are actually swollen lymph nodes and lymphadenopathy condition is very common especially in young children and it is more likely to affect cervical lymph nodes though lymphadenopathy may affect many other parts of the body such as chin, armpits and groin.