Locked New Topic Followed by 1 people
I smoke a half once a week and want to cut down to a half O a month

when i ran out of cash one week I went through wicked depression and nausea as well as cold night sweats and insomnia

pot is very secret in the burbs
so unless you are in school or in a culture of friends who are into pot
being a heavy pot smoker can outcast you from society.

I can also see the damage the black market is doing...
being addicted to pot causes problems when your only source is the black market because it becomes a money problem as well for some.
unless it is personally grown which is a world of problems on it's own.
I also have only one good connection. 200$ an once. black market ON CANADA
and i don't like were i have to go to get it.
but any thing that makes you feel great can be addictive
and any thing that is mental can have strong physical effects
every one is different.

IF TOBACCO WAS SOLD FOR 10 OR 8 BUCKS A GRAM sh*t WOULD HIT THE FAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MAJORITY RULES

im on my 3rd day and found this site so interesting those people who say it is in your head is jus damn rude!! ive been smoking since i was 15 now 37 and i feel dreadful !!!! I just want to say thanks to people who have posted their stories i have read em all and feel so much better knowing that i am not alone and knowing it is not in my head!!!!!!

Being an alcoholic myself, THC does nothing for me, but my son is going through withdrawal NOW...my question is, is there any thing that helps symptoms!!! Mostly anxiety and anger are at an all time high ..is there anything that helps????
I always thought that THC was non- addicctive, but believe me,now I know different...
If anyone knows , please help!!
Thanks,
Chris

Firstly, the 'scmoo' or wotever, who wrote, amongst other stupid things in this thread a few paragraphs up this page - 'The most dangerous side effect of smoking pot is getting arrested' ... is a complete m***n. Perhaps this person should take the time to properly read the other accounts on this thread and realise that different people have different dependencies with different effects. Grow up and get REAL.

At 26, iv'e been smokin for 10 years and regularly, daily for about 5 years. Haven't actually wanted or enjoyed weed for a while - well within the last year or so, but the habit has had the better of me, even against my own will and the will of loved ones etc. etc... same ol' story yeah?

So i'm on day 1 it seems! Got rid of my smoke last night (not loving that idea now, but I was stoned when I done it, so it was OK then!!).

Iv'e read this whole thread today. Took a while! It's really helped, so thought I should add to it in case I can help anyone in return. A couple of people have mentioned 'tapering off' the weed rather than goin cold turkey. I wouldn't advise this - I have tried this on more than one occasion - it is just another way of saying to yourself 'I can put this off a bit longer'. Your brain actually 'lies' to you in order to convince you that it needs THC - as we all know, it's amazing what the brain can do, but not always helpfull - YOU ARE IN CONTROL OF IT.

I am having the usual symptoms already. Enough people have outlined them now, so you don't need to hear it all from me. I know that things will get worse before they get better - so I'm just gonna have to see it out arent I! Iv'e been through worse - sure you have too...

The one positive feeling I do have is just a tiny piece of excitement - kind of in the depth of my stomach. This little feeling that reminds me that life can be simple again - without having a spliff! That feeling that we all had when we were young - before marijuana was even in our lives....

....THAT is the thing that is gonna get me through. I am EXCITED about my future WITHOUT marijuana! About not worrying where the next bit coming from or getting home early for a smoke or sneaking out for a spliff or going overdrawn for an ounce or chewing sum gum and washing my hands so my girlfriend doesn't know. Once its over i'll be FREE again.

In a situation like this you gotta look at a positive - find one! - anything to get you through. If you did not want to give up toking, you wouldn't have even looked at this website, and neither would I. Sounds like a cliche, but the hardest part is sayin you got a problem - an addiction.

So you want to give up, you can give up - so you will. Be excited about your new life without the weed.

I'll write again - maybe after a few more days or weeks cold turkey. Everybody take care and thank f**k you are cleaning up now, before things went too far !! Time to let the fog lift........!
:D

Bobby wrote:

Marijuana is not physically addictive and you shouldn’t be having such side effects. I would say that it is probably in your head because you believe you will be going through all sorts of problems when you are actually not.
It is not like in heroin addiction where your body can’t manage without these receptors being fed and if they don’t get fed, you start to hurt.
It is different with marijuana. First you didn’t say how long you have been smoking and how old you were, but I would say that you may go through some mild withdrawal effects possible mental related like moodiness or maybe nausea or something but nothing as dramatic as you described it.
I will mention once again, marijuana is not physically addictive. I have also been smoking it for a few years and I had a year when I was on it nearly all the time and I did stop by tapering as I lost interest in it-I don’t know I guess I matured.
Your stomach problems may not be related to marijuana withdrawal and you may want to check it out.

First of all, I completely agree with what the guy above Bobby said. I havent smoked for 4 days either and i have unbearable chest and stomach pains, irritability, etc. I also did a little research on why I feel this way and many scientists have proven in lab studies on animals and humans that an extended period of marijuana use can cause withdrawal symptoms; Symptoms previously described by the guy above Bobby and I. So do some research before you try to give anyone information on something you apparently know nothing about.

PLEASE READ I REALLY NEED HELP!
Hi, I would like to share my story but mines a little different.
Ive been smoking pot almost everday and night for the past 2 to 3 years... im 19 years old and i have been inconclusive of why i feel such anxiety.

It all started when me and my usual friends smoked pot one usual night just cause there was nothing else to do and started talking about God and Life itself. I personally am a firm believer of God with my protestant background. My friends and I were going back and fourth about what the afterlife is and the talk started to get me thinking alot and got me a little freaked out. This is when i first started to feel this anxiety while being high. I went home that night and fell asleep with no problem. Some other time later, I was on my way to a ski trip with 2 friends and on the ride there we obviously smoked a blunt and this is when it hit me the hardest. I started to think about life out of no where and started to think about what my friends said previously and i had the worst anxiety attack and felt so depressed that whole night that i actually had to get online at the house we were staying at and talk to a cousin who is deep in his faith. I had to get reassured of my beliefs. My friends at the house were bugging me and asking wtf is wrong with you why arent you chilling why are you acting so down. I didnt want to explain to them because they would have laughed being the tough guys they are and put me in a worse mood.

At this time I did not think it was the pot that was doing this to me and that i was just going through a midlife crisis and hit a deep depression that people usually go through. I got so scared I told my mom to take me to the doctor because I thought I was going to die soon and the thought of that would freak me out espiecally thinking about my christian belief and giving it doubts. to make matters worse at the doctor i was put on a heart monitor after showing the doc that i was this irregular heartbeat. Now this was something I have noticed for a few years and it was something that never bothered me or gave me any slight pain so I thuoght nothing of it. After being put on this monitor I thought to myself o geez this is it, Im going to have a heart attack anyday now because these doctors would not give me a clear explanation of if it would be life threatening. the next day i called my uncle whose an ER doctor and i explained my irregular heartbeat to him and he explained to me that it is nothing to be worried about and that many people have it and the reason why i was put through the test and monitors from the other doctor is because of insurance money they wanted to claim.

I didnt quit smoking totally after that bad anxiety on the car ride but i severely cut down to about maybe 1 blunt every couple of days and when i realized that every time i smoked this anxiety and thoughts would come back I cut it down even furture to about once a week. Now the last time i smoked was saturday for a party after getting wasted hopeing the anxietys wouldnt be to bad and they werent but i do want to explain what i was going through during these days of bad anxiety

-I would feel anxiety and so depressed some nights that I couldn't even go out with friends
-Everytime this anxiety comes up my palms and feet would get very sweaty
-My whole mindset would be so blurry and i felt like i was living in a delirium
-Life and the thought of death would cause me to go nuts and I was afraid of doing anything
-It would be extremely hard to go to bed at night because of all the thoughts and also i would feel everytime i would come close to falling asleep my body would wake itself up with a very awkward body feeling
-Chest pains came this week after not smoking for about a week and this pain is more like an uncomforting feeling at the bottom center of my ribcage and now recently i have been feeling these stomach pains you guys are talking about but nothing to painful.

Now not smoking for a while except for saturday night, i feel that my anxiety has dramatically dropped yet not totally gone but as I think of it now I felt pretty good this morning till classes where all we talk about is morality and sociality and we talk about theories and why humans do what and that brings back some of the anxiety making me think more about life but I dont know if its just my withdrawals from not smoking or if i should just drop these classes itself because they put me in such bad moods.

I feel like im going insane and i dont know if i should seek professional help or if its all just because of me not smoking anymore.

Im confused and lost but what i dont understand is that i started to get this anxiety from smoking that one night and it wasnt from me quitting and having these withdrawals but i feel that my side effects are very simliar to many of you guys and it gives me comfort.

I ask that you guys please give me some response and i will very much appreciate your time into reading my problem and I will answer any questions about this for i am seeking help.

i have smoked weed eEVERYDAY for the past 5 years, literally...not missing more than two days at a time!!! i look back and realize now that i smoked my entire college life away and my first 1.5 years out of school. although i have a good job (thanks to fake urine that i used at the time) i smoked everyday, sometimes even before work at 6am!!! i was never the type to let weed get in the way of my daily activities though, i loved to work out and play all types of sports, i enjoy going out and can smoke right before i do so as well! just recently though, i made the very conscious decision to quite. i took a step back from myself (if that's possible) and knew that what i was doing couldn't possibly be condusive to a healthy lifestyle...even though weed wasn't getting in the way of my activities. it was more of a selfish thing actually, as i needed to prove to myself that i was stronger than any drug or substance out there. i have never done coke and don't really enjoy drinking...i'll smoke a blunt over a beer anyday! i just needed to get away from the lifestyle that was leading me, and not let myself be consumed with chronic. now, it's been two weeks since i've stopped and i haven't not smoked for this long in over 5 years!!! although i'm quite proud of myself, why should i be?...no one or nothing should determine my actions. now about the process. i knew it would be difficult. i read all of the different blogs saying that there isnt a physical addiction...my ass! (as i'm still going through them to this day) the first couple days were difficult but not unbearable. yes, i didn't eat well and my sleeping habits were definately interrupted. i would wake up in the middle of the night and my entire bed would be soaked with sweat. with this, i only knew that my body was detoxing and was getting rid of all the toxins that i had consumed over the past 5 years. still, i can feel all of the resin c**p dislodging from my throuat and i spit black sh*t, literally. i can only imagine what my loungs look like though...gross!!!
well, my computer's running low on battery...i'll try to holla later.
for all of you that want to quite though. give it a shot. be the master of your life and body and prove to yourself that you make all the decisions, not a silly drug. now i;m not saying that ill never smoke again, i just needed to give it a rest and clean myself out. good luck to you all and if i can do it, you def have a shot!!!

I read a comment from somebody in the forum who claims that marijuana in not physically addictive... That sounds like talk from somebody who has never tried the drug, or has never used the drug for extended periods of time.
Stomach pain, indigestion, headaches, muscle pain just to name a few are all common withdrawal symtoms from marijuana.
There are many more withdrawal symptoms such as: anxiety, panic attacks, depression, nightmares, vivid dreams, aggression, agitation to name a few.
I can agree that for some people marijuana is not nearly as addictive as it is to others, but to say that there are no physical withdrawal symptoms from sustained marijuana use is naive, and completely untrue.

My whole life I have thought Marijuana was not addictive, because when I quit in 1991 (when I was stil a cigarette smoker), I just smoked a cigarette, everytime I craved weed. Then a year later (1992) I quit Cigarettes, which was twice as hard. I never smoked another cigarette

Fast forward to about 5 years ago. I was working out, and strong.Then started smoking weed again, and my strength started to decline, and I stopped working out all together.

I've tried to quit several time over the last couple years, and found out it's harder without cigarettes to fall back on.

Then about a month ago, I tried to quit when I went on a 4 day vacation with my wife and eldest son. I didn't sleep the entire trip (I thought it was the bed), and I had Nausea and Loss of Apetite. (I figured it was winding mountain road and higher elevation) I also was cold, and I'm never cold.
It never occured to me that there could be any withdrawals.
Then when we came back from the trip, I started smoking again.

Then last Friday I quit, and I'll be a son of a gun, if I don't have those same darn symptoms again. That's what made me do a google search, and low and behold there are other people experiencing the same thing?

How can it be in my head, if I thought Marijuana wasn't addictive, and never heard of these symptoms before? It is addictive, and the degree depends on how much of a smoker you are.

I get it now.

I can usually eat a whole pizza, but Saturday night I could barely finish 1 slice. every meal since then, I feel nausea. Yesterday, I took my wife out for Steak. I ordered a steak too, but by the time I ate my first roll, I had to cancel my order. I was full, and had nausea. I asked to waitress to exchange my Coke for 7up.

I was a heavy pot smoker, and decided to quit thurrsday, but still had a quarter left, so I smoked it all in 1 day, and quit Friday night, and told the guy I buy it from, who is the only I know who can get it, to never sell me anymore, no matter what I say.

How stupid I was, to smoke a quarter Ounce in a day.
I should have just flushed it.

Staying busy helps. I actuall didn't notice any problems till Saturday night's dinner.

Now that I know it is addictive, I'm more determined than ever to beat it.
This thread has been very helpfull. I'm going to try to drink more water, and flush these toxins out of my sytem. And work out so that I sweat there, not when I'm trying to sleep.

I bet I'll be better in a couple weeks, and then I will never smoke anything again.

Thank you all for this thread.

Mike

Then last Friday I quit, and I'll be a son of a gon if I don't have those same darn symptoms again.

I was a heavy smoker, and decided to quit thurrsday, but still had a quarter left, so I smoked it all in 1 day. How stupid I was.
I should have just flushed it.

I made a decision to quit smoking pot and it has been two days. I have smoked pot since I was 12 and in the last ten years I have smoked every single day, all day. I do not remember a day that I did not smoke. I have wholeheartedly believed my whole life that marijuana is not physically addictive. Used that argument many times to justify my addiction. Now I know that is completely untrue. I have been sweating profusely and I never sweat. I cannot eat. I am so nausiated that I cannot move off of my couch. Every time I move suddenly I get sick. I feel like such a wuss but at least after reading these posts I know I am not the only one. If anyone has any suggestions as to what might make my nausea pass more quickly I would love to hear them. I am committed to my decision and I will not give in. I also want to know if these are the hardest days? When will this begin to pass? Any suggestions are appreciated. Thank you.

After reading the posts in this section, i have found that their seems to be a common consensus on firstly why people wish to give smoking, and secondly the effects that this withdrawel have on the human mind and body. I have been clean for 19 days now and hope that i will not slip back into smoking pot everyday like i have been for the past few years. I say this because i managed to last 3 weeks before and then went to a party - enough said. Graduating from uni nearly 4 years ago i am now writing my thesis for my doctorate and finding that smoking results in apathy, lethargy and lethologica and that i can no longer carry on smoking if i don't want a detrimental effect on my future life! As someone else said it had got to the point where cannabis wasn't doing anything for me, i could function at a high level but would watch a television programme and then forget what i was watching during the ad break, constantly trying to test myself as to remember what i was watching for those few minutes the adverts ran. Short term memory, and now i have found also that some of my long term memory has gone, perhaps i just didn't bother to remember it in the first place, i don't know.
Since giving up, the first 2 weeks everyday was filled with painful headaches and insomnia. I find that i am dreaming for the first time in a long while, and as none of my friends have given up smoking, it is interesting to read that other people have been having the same experience. I've never dreamed vividly as far as i can recall, but have woken up crying over a particularly horrible dream in which my dad gay-bashed me in the middle of a seaside town with randoms in the car (an old cortina we had when i was about 5!) oh and others in which i have died repeatedly. Such dreams result in the insomnia which people have been discussing. Sexual drive, although single i have hardly achieved an erection in the past 3 weeks bar 2 or 3 times as i am just disinterested, whether cannabis is a mild aphrodisiac or i was hoping that giving up cannabis would make me feel less depressed i don't know. Well, good luck all you in staying clear. Like others have said, some people can have the occasional joint and don't crave more, perhaps after giving up for a long period this will be the case. One more week and my Cannabanoid receptors will be free of that old friend THC. I can't wait, perhaps i'll be able to quit smoking then, as normally i would just smoke more weed to compensate!

Hey my name is alex cassidy im a female from australia and i am 16 recently while smokin i tried goin to sleep and my mouth suddenly became unbearabley dry and i was suffering severe anxiety now weed is addictive but more so to others depending on how much and how long they have smoked for now i would say but in shame that i have been smokin since 13 and i always enjoyed it no depression no nothing i would only get angry and distressed when my dealers would screw me around or i couldnt get my hands on any but i would smoke about 3grams a day everyday pretty much but since the dry mouth episode and anxiety i havent touched it so im scared to suffer withdrawls because this dry mouth thing has lasted 3 days now but at the start i panicked so much i was goin to kill myself it feels like i cant breathe constantly but a doc gave me Valpam pretty much valum but now i have lost my appetite i have become agriphobic meaning i cant go outside and im already clostraphobic but i was wondering has anyone felt these same things before

Today is my 3rd day weed freee....i smoked anywhere from 2-12 blunts a day for about 2 years...everyday..holidays,wakes,weddings anything...i mostly quit bc it was making me broke and that im 19 years old it was time to grow out of the phase....although i havnt experience any symptoms of withdrawer i have been coughing a lot more and have beeen really tired....i know the next few days will be rough and being all of my friends smoke i locked myself in my room, watching ever episode of sopranos on dvd to pass the time...i liked smoking dont get mr wrong but after such a long amount of usage i didnt even get high i just got stupid....any advice on how to fight these next 2 weeks?

This seems to be the most active thread, I'll post my experience and advice here.

I'm 20 and have been smoking daily, with short periods of non-use lasting a week or so each, for a year and a half. Not nearly as long as some of you, but I consumed about an 8th a day consistently.

About 5 months ago i made the big decision to quit. Since then I have not abstained from marijuana for longer than 2 weeks at a time, and that was only a week ago before i started this binge that I'm not coming out of. Isn't it frustrating to be so aware of the cyclical nature of addiction? I feel so powerless. It's an ongoing process and a difficult goodbye, and it is counterproductive to expect to feel better again for at least a standard 28 days, and sometimes longer.

I just wanted to relate to everyone and reassure anyone with doubts that whatever they are feeling couldn't be caused by marijuana withdrawals. In most cases it isn't the weed creating these problems but intensifying them by replacing reality (and coping mechanisms for it) with a wonderful dream land that is just a few dollars and a couple breaths of smoke away.

Oh, I've felt it all, none of the sh*t on this board is made up; Anxiety attacks unlike any emotion i have felt before; Anger that i know does not exist inside me otherwise; non-ending insomnia, forced fasting for up to one week, and apathy so strong that suicide would seem rational if it didn't require getting out of bed to attempt. The apathy, or anhedonia or depression, is probably the worst thing. The one thought that contributes to my relapses the most is the fear that I will never again feel happiness from the things in life i like without pot. That is a difficult impulse to reconcile, and i hope a lot that in a couple months it will be reconciled.

I'm posting this to help myself cope as much as provide some hope to anyone reading it. Most 'coping mechanisms' i'm aware of are pretty much horseshit, but there is one thought that always helps me get back on the quitting path: patience. The knowledge that after a significant amount of time I will naturally feel better in a multitude of ways.

Good luck to everyone, and model through it.