Locked New Topic Followed by 1 people
Has anyone else smoked marijuana through a bong for a long time? I'm from Australia and the smoking culture here is bongs over joints and has been since i can remember.

I have been smoking bongs for over 10 years now and hardly smoked joints and i am scared out of my wits that it has given me cancer in my lungs as my chest and throat is very sore.

I havent smoked for a week now and i am not coping. The withdrawels are intense as i don't want to smoke and i am not thinking about smoking. I am spooked out of my wits thinking i am very sick. Is this my paranoia taking over?

I am 32 btw.

This is true. I travel throught the world, and when I leave the states I don't smoke unless I am in Amsterdam. I havent smoked now for about 3 days now, and the stomach pain is getting better. It is usualy the worst in the mornings when I get up. I have found that somthing that makes me feel a little better is putting food in my stomach, like bread, crackers, or anything simple.

I smoked for a long time (7years) and am now on my 5 th day of not smoking. Its been very hard for me. I have all the symptoms that most everyone else has described: stomach pains, loss of sleep, tense, uptight,and my favorite on of all anxiety! not! (little Borat joke for you fans) I know my appitite will come back from reading other posts, but did or does anybody have the same problem with the anxiety and did it go away with time? I feel that it is worst in the morning and as the day goes on I tend to feel a little better, but not much. I dont have much of a craving for it now, but im thinking that my mind is giving me the anxiety so i will cave in and smoke.

Any anwsers to these questions would really help. Any and all help is welcome and thanks.

hey just a little update for you guys, day 6 now and I feeling better in almost everyway. Im still nowhere near 100% but I dont feel as bad as yesterday. I have a little anxeity but i feel that its a little more under my control. Stomach pains are really the biggest improvement so far, along with my mood. I seem to be thinking more positive.

To anyone trying to quit or wants to quit just stick with it and there seems to be a light showing its self at the end of this dark long tunnle to recovery. ****if you smoke again you have to go through this all over again*** something to think about!

Hey im on my 3/4th day of stopping after consuming for a couple years with very extreme frequent use in the past months and i am experienceing extreme apetite loss (barely have to eat all day) yet i have experienced no sleep problems exceopt ive been sleeping longer than usual...(weird).
Ive been depressed and feel like im on a drug since im not consuming (different state of conscienceness). Is it normal during withdrawal to have depression (maybe due to the "used up happyness/brain receptors")?

yes the depression is definitely normal. especially on the 3rd or 4th day. i would say the serious emotional effects last about two weeks and then start to get better.

what i'd like to know is how long do they last total. i've gone 3 weeks now and still have strong mood swings. one second very calm the next quite angry for mostly irrational reasons. i'd like to know how long that lasts.

Hey congrats, today is 2 weeks for me now. I still have the mood swings too, but find that they are getting easier to get out of then prior days. Again great job on three weeks. I have read a lot of post and figure (if you were like me and smoked all the time, i mean all the time) that it with take as long as 3 months. If you think about it it makes sence. You put a chemical in your body for years and then take it away. Your body now has to learn how to "fix" its self with out it.

Anyways, thats what i think from what I read. Good luck and its only going to get better, we need to think positive.

you will start to eat again around a weeks time I promise even though you think you never will i lost 10 pounds but now am eating again. I know its scary just force your selfto eat untill you appitite sp? comes back. stick with it.

Just basically want to add a huge /sign to alot of this

I was going to post my entire experiance but i think most people have covered this area. So ill list my symptoms and mention that I have been using around 2 grams a day without much interuption for 5 years.

- Stomach abnormality/gurgling feeling/indigestion
- Headaches despite never having them while on weed
- A panic attack causing a faint / hospital visit with zero results
- Paranoia/anxiety stemming from the panic attack
- obession of mortality
- poor sleep patterns with bizare dreams/thought processes (repeatedly thinking about a specific thing, even though it has zero relavance/importance)

I will also add to a few people asking for a direct answer to their post. Mood swings of the most harsh nature will occur, Im fairly sane at the moment despite being insanely panic stricken when my faint occured. It also seems ALOT are experiancing the stomach issue, while I dont want to prevent people seeking medical attention (quite the opposite, if its very painful there is no harm in a visit to your doctor) rest assured others are experiancing it too, and have noted it is going away.

There have been one or two tradgic events in my life, perhaps you have had them too, but hopefully as I have experianced time heals so well... With all this mental instability, paranoia and anxiety hold onto the knowledge your mood WILL change, you will feel down, you may feel fine tommorow all day, the day after you may have a headache, a stomache ache and a tight chest AND feel depressed, but your brain is on a bit of a rollercoaster... time will help.

Im on day 8 of no weed now after my fainting (I assume it was a panic attack, it did feel like it) and at the moment im intending to atleast have 2 months off it, with the hope that at that point I will be able to quit.

Take it easy guys, and understand it isnt as simple as some people say, there arent 50 worried people googling this for no reason.

Thanks for this guys! I'm on my 3rd day of forced withdrawal (after 10 years/ oz per wk!) because the police keep raiding growers in the UK so they can rig their stats at the end of the year. Leave the crack and heroin alone and bust the poor pot-heads. They make me sick!

I must reiterate what everyone else has said: pot is addictive! Fact! I feel awful at the moment, very stressed (too stubborn to be anxious), feel sick, stomach cramps, light-headedness (more oxygen in my brain methinks), irritable, difficulty seeing a way forward etc. This is hard!!

I must say that this forum has really helped today. I no longer feel alone with my problems. It's about time society woke up and accepted that pot isn't an evil gateway drug but that it can cause problems for those with compulsive personalities. The reali issue is that when I started smoking (seshing!) I wasn't ware of it being addicitve and so it was a shock when I found how much of a problem I really had.

Decriminalize I say, like Holland and Canada, and inform the younger generation as we do with alcohol. I mean if you woke up one day gagging for a beer then you'd know immediately that you had a problem. It seems that our little green friend is a little sneakier than this. Don't blame the drug though, it our fault!

There's a fantastic novel by Aleister Crowley called Diary of Drug Fiend. This really helped me put things into perspective. It's not the drug, it's the reason you take the drug.

Thanks everyone! This is what the internet's all about - after porn of course (lol).

I know this topic is pretty old but I was wondering how long did it last for you guys because I can't even drink water without vomiting, I know lost of appetite is a symptom of this withdrawal but I'm just wondering how long it was 4days? 7? Thank you

fyi...i just took a new constitutional homeopathic remedy. i saw a naturopathic intern at a teaching college. she assessed everything about who i am and where i'm at. it's given me way more will power. of course i still want to smoke but i'm way more focused on making choices that will benefit me in the long term.

same problem here so hard to quit... stomach hurts badly if i try to stop as soon as i smoke again it goes back to normal lmao...

I'ved smoked weed off and on for the past 2 years, probably most in the past year, with smoking larger sessions about 1-3 times a week. in the past 4 months although is when my marijuana experience had gotten more extreme and completely out of control. Since I am unemployed, I was smoking pot 4 or 5 times a day, my days would consist of getting up, smoking pot until I went to bed, and repeat the cycle. I tried to quit a few times, and hit the withdrawl cycle a few times, I tried to toke during this withdrawal period and it was probably the worst experience in my life. Once I finished the withdrawl period I began toking again (BIG MISTAKE! What was I thinking!?) I smoked a few gram sessions for the next 3 days, then quit again...I felt the withdrawl symptoms again, probably even worse than before..maybe i'm just going insane, but this felt too real.

I noticed that 'RandomAgree' posted something with "obsession of mortality". I thought I was just going insane, but this has been the only thing on my mind for the past while, and watching the movie "Waking Life" when I was hitting withdrawal period, almost sent me overboard one night, making me think I was needed to be hospitalized. I'm on about my 6th day (again). Seems like yesterday the anxiety and depression got the best of me. My dreams have been more intense than ever, full of colour and extremely vivid. Not so much bad dreams, just very vivid. Seems like they were real everytime.

Good luck to everyone. I used to look at Marijuana as a friend, I still do in an aspect... but just a friend that's trying to get back at you full circle for ditching it.

I'ved smoked weed off and on for the past 3 years, probably most in the past year, with smoking larger sessions about 1-3 times a week, to the point of being sick, and needing to lay down in a pitch black room because I was too stoned. In the past 4 months is when my marijuana experience had gotten more extreme and completely out of control. Since I am unemployed, I was smoking pot 4 or 5 times a day, my days would consist of getting up, smoking pot until I went to bed, and repeat the cycle. I tried to quit a few times, and hit the withdrawl cycle a few times but ditched out, I tried to toke during this withdrawal period and it was probably the worst experience in my life. Once I finished the initial withdrawl period or came very close to, I began toking again (BIG MISTAKE! What was I thinking!?). I smoked a few gram sessions for the next 3 days. The only reason I believe I did this was because I was hanging out with some of my best friends, and mostly all of my friends are chronics which made it EXTREMELY hard to quit. So, then I quit again...i'm feeling the withdrawl symptoms again, probably even worse than before..maybe i'm just going insane, but this is feeling way too real.

I noticed that 'RandomAgree' posted something with "obsession of mortality". I thought I was just going insane, but this has been the only thing on my mind for the past while, and watching the movie "Waking Life" when I was hitting withdrawal period, almost sent me overboard one night, making me think I was needed to be hospitalized for insanity. I'm on about my 6th day (again). Seems like yesterday the anxiety and depression got the best of me. My dreams have been more intense than ever, full of colour and extremely vivid. Not so much bad dreams, just very vivid. Seems like they were real everytime.

Good luck to everyone. My best tip goes out to everyone, I used to look at Marijuana as a friend, I still do in an aspect... but just a friend that's trying to get back at you full circle for ditching it.