Hi, I am 11 weeks pregnant and this is my first pregnancy. Day before yesterday I found out the I had brown discharge which was not watery. As it was late so I couldn't call my doctor.I called the nurse next morning she told me that may be its the old blood or if you have itching o discomfort then it might be yeast infection. She recommended me over the counter medication and I used it last night. But I still am having spotting but the quantity of the brown discharge is minimum but it seems like some what pink. I don't know what's going on.

Hi Rumi! Just know that 1st trimester spotting is VERY common! It is called "Vaginal Bleeding" It is from an increase in hormones, that makes the body think "OOPS I missed the period so I will let this go" So you get brown blood - which is old blood from the uterine lining! It is VERY common - thus many women saying they had their periods while being pregnant! They didn't have a REAL period, just the bleeding part! So don't worry OK? IF it gets a lot, raise your legs and just relax, don't lift anything heavy and avoid sex for awhile till it is gone! If you check out my other posts, this is the most common question I answer with women that are pregnnat! Good luck and health!

Thanks a lot. I am much relieved. As this is my first pregnancy after four years of marriage so I was really worried about it. Once again thanks from the bottom of my heart :-D .

You're welcome honey! ASK away!!!

Hope you are doing fine. I am good too. The brown discharge kept coming for a week but was gone after a week. I called my doctor the nurse wanted me to make an early appointment.I went to the doc and she heard the baby's heart beat.So everything is fine. Thanks for your advice. Now I am almost 14 weeks pregnant and I am concerned about using any hair color treatment. My doctor told me on my first appointment that I can dye my hair but me and my husband are really cautious about using those kind of chemicals. I just need your advice what should I do.I think now after my pregnancy my gray hairs are starting to show more. I had my highlights done in December.The color is still there but I just want to cover my gray hairs. I would be grateful if you could assist me with that.Thanks in advance.

Hi honey! Even though hair dyes have got milder and less toxic they STILL are! So even though the medical field is on iehter 1 side or the other, I ALWAYS err on the side of caution! I didn't dye my hair - with boht my children - BUT this is your decisions! I' ve done a little research on this - before - and what I found out is a color that is NOT on your scalp is the best! Kind of like having foils, in no way does the dye/frosting, come in contact with your scalp - and thus your blood stream! So think about highlights or lowlights that sort of thing! I just don't like ANY chemicals when it comes to babies!

Thanks Dear,
I totally agree with you. Although my doctor allowed me to dye my hair during pregnancy but I was concerned.I also did some research and found out the same thing that highlights are better than dying your hair. So I went for partial highlights. Do you suggest anything like any specific chemicals to avoid during pregnancy. I have bought environmental friendly household products like detergents and cleaners. So you think these are enough and what else can be done for the remaining weeks. Once again thanks and take care.

The BEST cleaning products in the world are natural! Such as vinegar and water for windows - wiped down with newspaper, makes them spotless! Baking Soda for washing sinks and bathtubs, stove tops, also for putting on the carpet - to freshen! DONT use bleach, ammonia, stove cleaners, acetone - false nails, use CHEAP Vodka for disenfecting doors, walls, toilets, even Rubbing Alcohol can do the trick too - but Vodka has less smell! I didn't stand near the microwave, - even though some think this is a amyth! No Smoke = of course, there are MANY cleaning recipes with natural products so check those out!