Damn!! And I was getting to like the expressions on the little squirrely dudes' faces at the gym when I hop onto the leg press after them and ADD a plate or two.....

Tough decision....feed the ego....reduce the tree trunks....hmmmm...

Must go ponder this over a protein drink ;)

I would also venture to say that because of this past weekend, you are either unable or unwilling to listen to anything I have to offer. That, of course, would be your loss. I will answer, in a professional and helpful manner to the best of my ability, any question concerning fitness, no matter who asks. But just because you're angry with me, don't discount or patronize or condescend any answer I might give.
Yes, my loss indeed. I will no doubt suffer. I will refrain from discussing the irony and hypocrisy of the above. Thank you genie for accurately interpreting what I was trying to say. I discussed this with my MD last night. I will go with his opinion and those of other running forums where people don't attack your intelligence for not using the proper terminology.

elkid, I never attacked your intelligence. My responses were an attempt to explain the differences in terminology which has used by the majority of the population, not just you.

Your responses, of course, have been both snide and sarcastic.

I find it sad that I feel I have to not only defend my professional experience, but also alter my responses in any thread due to the mean-spiritedness of your responses.

I'm not really sure how a thread like this could get so 'mean' but it has no place in here.

I'm not taking sides but it seems that a grudge is in effect. Please work this out...NOW. Nobody needs to see this.

joel

FWIW, I have always found flarunner's advice to be both very useful and right on.