Well I have the similar symptons, broken nose feeling ( I've had it broken before so I do know) Swelling of the nose and also upper cheek bones, plus my lower jaw aches when touched. I 'm red, hot and a little itchy around the swellings.

Suzie- Clyndimyacin is and antibiotic and they all mess up your guts for a while. With having Ibd I prefer to avoid anti's and let my body sort out the infection over the time it takes. Everyone wants a quick fix but for some it's the lesser of two evils:-)

Did you get a diagonosas? This fits exactly what I am having right now! I have an appointment for later today, but I have been doing some research to see if what I could find out beforehand!

Thank you for posting this. I just got back from the ER. Same story...A lot of pain and swelling on the bridge of my nose...for NO apparent reason. I was told the same thing about the danger of the spread of this type of infection -- to the brain! (the infection is called "nasal dorsum cellulitis"). It is important to treat it aggressively. I'm on Clindamycin HCL. I had never heard of anything like this before so I am grateful to you for posting this story!

My nose bridge swollen and painful for the right nostril since two weeks . I had operated about 8 years before for swollen soft tissue.Now I am using medicine from ENT Specialist, but so far not changed

I have it also. I'm thinking it's a sinus infection, since i did not injure my nose.

Two days ago I woke up feeling the same - at first I thought maybe I was hit in accident while a was asleep, but today it feels much worse. My glasses hurt so bad that I don't even want to wear them. What did the doctor say it was?

I have the same symptoms, very concerned

I woke up a week ago and thought my husband punched me in the nose. It started on the right side of the bridge of my nose and has travelled to the left! Very sore, red and swollen. At times not able to wear my glasses. Reading everyone's post, I believe it is nasal cellulitis and will be visiting the docs on Monday!

You could have a deviated septum. I have the same problem. I am going to see an ent on May 12

Use Bactrim (Sulfamethoxazole)

I have the same symptoms -visible swollen nose bridge, which has worsened each day, tender and painful to the touch, runny nose with clear mucus (little blood on the 1st day). Doc didn't see any obstruction so she surmised that it's probably a staph infection from a small cluster of blisters that formed around a nostril. All this from a cold. Now at day 5, I'm taking bactim ds. Hope it works, because it's pretty miserable. 

I have the same thing going on. I had a cold/sore throat last week, but nothing major, a bit of a runny nose, and then 2 days ago, I woke up with what I thought was a massive zit growing in my nose (we all know how painful those are!) but as the day went on, the pain was getting worse and spreading. By the end of the day, I couldnt stand to touch the bridge of my nose!! I thought maybe it was sinusitis (Ive never had a sinus infection), but thought at the same time that it seemed odd because my sinuses themselves felt fine. In the meantime though, I was upping my natural foods/supplement intake (coconut oil, apple cider vinegar etc.). I did notice an improvement yesterday, but after reading up more on it, I got very worried and went to the doctor today. The doctor, who is an older lady wasnt sure what it is, but did say that she has only seen 3 patients witg this condition in all her years of being a doctor! She put me in Keflex (antibiotic). Ive only taken one today and will take my second dose in about a half hour. Its stil sensitive, but I am noticing the pain is not as bad. I can touch the bridge of my nose, but very softly. Seems like an improvement than just 2 days ago! 

I had the same thing happen last week. Started with sore nose tip. Woke up next day, felt like I'd been punched in the face. Went to work and during the day cheeks started getting red. Went to the chemist to ask them. They sent me to the doctor. Doctor didn't know what it was, but put me on antibiotics. Went to bed early and woke up next morning with bright red cheeks and nose. Called my doctor and went to see him. He said it was acute rosacea and put me on more antibiotics. I spent the weekend at home. Cheeks extremely hot to touch. Eyes getting very puffy at night. Skin on cheeks feels really thick and really bright red. I spent the weekend taking antibiotics and using ice packs on face to cool it down. 2 days later it is slowly subsiding, so antibiotics must be doing their job. My nose is back to normal and cheeks and eyes are nearly there. I was looking at pics of rosacea and didn't quite look like what happenned. But after looking at nasal cellulitis, this seems more like what happenned. Scariest weekend I've had in a long time. I looked so awful, I didn't leave the house.

Last 2 days mine feels the same......help!!!!

But did doctor tell you what it was?