Same here, started as seemingly sinus then redness on bridge of nose. My primary care doc put me on clarithromycin (Biaxin) but referred me to an ENT when my symptoms continued into the next week. ENT told me to continue Biaxin and added Bactrim (sulfamethoxazole) and Bactroban (a nasal ointment). I'd recommend you see an ENT- they have a fiber optic probe they can use to look inside your nose and see exactly what's going on. Hope you all get well soon. I'm on my 2nd week of antibiotics, still a few symptoms but they are slowly but surely subsiding.

He also said it is a staph infection and if not treated right away can be dangerous as it can spread to the brain. So see an ENT ASAP! :)

Hi Maggie, I'm experiencing the same thing with red, swollen and so very painful I can't touch my nose, raise my eyebrows or wrinkle my nose without having intense and unbareable pain. It is getting worse with throbbing and dull pain behind one of my eyes and I don't know whats wrong. It started about a week ago and because it's gotten so painful I tried to call the Dr. today but they are out of the office till Monday.Does anyone have any help or advise they can offer?

I'm suffering with this right now. I looked it up and it's called Ethmoid Sinusitis. I'm hoping I ccan treat it myself without antibiotics. I was sick for a couple of days when I first got sick and then better for a few days. Just got sick again now accompanied by my new swollen nose.

Grandson playing basketball player head butt his nose what to do for the swelling ice yes need help

These all sound to me like ethmoid sinusitis. It is ironic to me that so many people have visited doctors for this and received no response. Doctors are just educated guessers and sometimes it just takes a little digging to figure out what is wrong without paying exorbitant fees. I have suffered this multiple times....woke up with what felt like a bruised nose bridge, sometimes on the right side sometimes on the left and sometimes moving from one side to the other. It would eventually subside after a week or two (sometimes longer) but would return within 6 months. It is usually accompanied by congestion, sometimes a headache, and the skin on the bridge of my nose sometimes appears bruised. Apply warm and cool packs, use a neti pot and eat healthy. Nothing to be worried about and your body should fix itself after long.

You have a large pimple working its way to the surface of your skin.

Do you have a cat or pet? Have they licked your nose? Because rather than a disease it may be a parasite.

What is Ethmoid Sinusitis?

Ethmoid sinusitis refers to an infection that has developed in the ethmoid sinuses, which are located near the bridge of your nose. Sinuses are air-filled pockets located in your skull and facial bones. There are four sets of sinuses: maxillary, sphenoid, frontal and ethmoid. While the exact function of the sinuses is unknown, it is commonly accepted that they filter and humidify the air we breathe. The sinuses drain into the nose.

Ethmoid sinusitis tends to cause pain between the eyes and tenderness when touching the bridge of your nose. Sometimes, the area around your eyes will swell, especially upon waking.

Conditions that affect the structure of the sinuses or the flow of nasal secretions can cause sinusitis. Causes of sinusitis include:

upper respiratory infection or common cold

allergies

deviated septum (when the wall of tissue that separates your nostrils is displaced to one side)

nasal polyps (noncancerous growths in the lining of your sinuses or nasal passages)

dental infections

enlarged adenoids (sections of tissue located behind your nasal cavity where your nose meets your throat)

swimming (water can block the flow of your nasal secretions)

exposure to secondhand smoke

trauma to the nose and face

foreign objects in the nose

Hello all, woke up 3 dats ago with a sore bridge. I'm a t1 diabetic for 3 yrs now. Have been having white spots on my cheeks like white heads but not exactly. Possible arthritis starting. Crazy how the body reacts to "things" very healthy pre diabetes! Not looking forward to all of the crazy medical conditions auto immune diseases cause and can't fight. Your information and symptoms have been very helpful! Thank you and God bless all of you

It's actually Ethmoid Sinusitis

My nose hurts sensitive to touch

This is an old blog but just curious if you found an answer. thank you

Thanks,Went to Ent and prescribed nasal spray and antibiotics.Thanks again for confirmation.

Thank you. I too have been diagnosed with nasal cellulitis and my symptoms are the same. How long did it take for the pain to decrease?