hello! i am 22 weeks pregnant now and i just gained 6 pounds from my first month. most of my relatives tell me my tummy isnt that big for 5 months and others tell me it hasnt showed up yet. am i underweight? should i really follow the thing that i read on the book that i have to gain at least 1 pound every week? is my baby in danger then? should i really be worried? what should i do then?

Of course, there are “rules” about how much weight you should gain during pregnancy but I reckon it is all individual. If you are eating right food with a lot of vitamins and minerals, you should be ok.

Have you worked on a healthy plan or are you eating as usual? Are you taking any vitamin supplements?

If you say you are underweight, maybe you are taking low-calorie foods and not enough protein. To get some more calories, you could snack between meals: yogurt is good as well as dried fruits. Eat food that is high in good fats and drink juices like grapefruit and carrot juice, orange juice, papaya nectar, apricot nectar because they are rich in vitamin C or beta carotene.

Have you been underweight before you got pregnant?

thanks for the reply. i dont actually consider myself underweight. i am 5'2" tall, 105 pounds before i got pregnant. thank you so much for the advice. i will surely take your advice to eat fruits and drink juices.