Hi there.
I'm 18, and I've been having a huge problem ever since I can remember. The furthest I can recall is around when I first hit puberty 8 years ago. Between my inner thighs, close to my pubic region I have loads of tender bumps, pimple-like rashes, blackheads, whiteheads, irritation, and even boils. Through the years I've been picking at them, and it's gotten worse and even spread further up my legs. The scarring is also frightening. I don't know what could have caused this... I spend a fair amount of time on my computer daily, if that may be a factor. I've never been sexually active because of this. I'm very self-concious about this and am far too afraid to consult a doctor.

Would anyone have any clue as to what this may be, and what I can do to treat this? Thanks in advance.

Go to a doctor and ask to speak to a doctor only in regards to your problem, it may be staph infection, which is treatable, Don't hesitate to go, because this bacteria stays in until you fully kill it and keep it under control, then it never comes back

Trix

I understand ur problem. I have the same thing. I was reading another person blog on a different web site and they said they scrubbed w/ alcohol and they kept the new bump from forming. I also asked my gyno n they said its very common in blacks. I'm not sur if u are but thats what he said. I'm gonna try the alcohol thing myself! Let me know how it works for u. Good luck. Its sooooo embarrasing. Believe me I know.

I have had the same problem you all have talked about. I think after I started puberty the bumps appeared. And it has just gotten worse and worse, I am in my twenties now, and I have been to a dermatologist, but she just diagnosed it as simple acne (I knew that was not the case). After that bad experience, I have just been depressed and discouraged to see a doctor. I wish there was something I could do-- I have tried so many things, including alcohol. It is so embarassing during intimacy and it has affected my self esteem.

Hi ladies...I just wanted to give you some encouragement. I've had this same problem for as long as I can remember too. I'm overweight and have always had large upper thighs. I just figured I would always have them, because my thighs rub together and it's a fairly warm area. It was something I was very self conscious about too. But I just want you all to know that I didn't let that stop me. I've gotten out there and I've had wonderful intimate moments and never got any complaints. I'm not saying that I'm not self conscious about it, but I don't let it stop me either. I hope this gives you some confidence. I'm sure you're all very beautiful. Us girls gotta stick together, right?

I was just passing through and noticed that someone said that they have boils and the dr said it was because you were black. That is not a medical answer there is something else there besides being black.
I also have boils and blackheads on my inner thigh. The boils and scarring was something ive gotten since puberty but didnt know what it was.
I did some internet searching and found out that I had something called H.S (hidranditis supperativa) which is something found in blacks and whites.
When I first asked the dr he just said they were boils and when I went back a few years later, after it had gotten worse he told me I have h.s.

I just wanted to tell everyone to do an internet search about hs and see if it fits then you have something to ask your dr about.

Hope that was helpful to some.

Dara

Hey there everyone,

I am also overweight (have been my entire life) and I have the same problem too. This is something RARELY talked about so I am REALLY glad to see that someone had the courage to step up and talk about it. My best friend and I just talked about it a few weeks ago and she has the same issue too. I get them on my inner thighs, and sometimes (and more painfully) on my buttocks area. I have been told (by my obgyn) to sit in a bathtub of warm water every night for about a week or so. Make sure to THOROUGHLY dry the area (even use a hair dryer on a cool setting if necessary).

My OBGYN said that it is COMPLETELY normal to have this issue being overweight and it is caused by excess heat and moisture trapped in that area.

I also have never had an issue with being with men sexually. Normally the guy doesnt mention it, but sometimes they feel open enough to ask and I just explain to them that it is due to clogged pores and excess heat/moisture. I would rather tell them that then have then thinking i have a STD or something!

But honestly... dont feel bad! You are BY FAR not the only one who has this problem!

Okay so i'm overweight myself and i have looked for something to take care of the blackheads on my inner thighs and chest for as long as i can remember. So i took a chance on Clean and Clear's blackhead eraser and i used it on my chest and my inner thigh and i one use it has all but erased the black heads on my chest and greatly improved my thigh area but i have think more use and it will completly go away i'm so happy i just had to share this with people because i know what it feels like to be embarrased during sex or when at the pool or changing in a locker room and hopefully this will solve our problems hope it works for you too!

Hello like sufferers. In spite of my fanatical personal hygiene, I have these painful cysts that occur quite frequently too. I wear pantyliners daily in case of a cyst erruption; this prevents staining your underwear. The pain relief when this happens, is immediate. My research as led me to try SSKI or Lugol's Solution (Iodine) - 1-3 drops in a glass of water 3 times daily. Will keep you posted on progress. Am also going to try Hydrogen Peroxide to dab on mornings and evenings.

I am black and the perfect weight. I suffered with boils for over 30 years. One reason that I suffered was because I did not move my bowels daily. I have had this under control for over 2 years now. 100% tea tree oil 3-6 times daily, keep hair very low to keep away ingrown hairs, make sure that your bowels are moving and most important eat raw fresh garlic often to keep your system clean. I eat mine fresh in my salad daily. My boils were bad, I had 10 or more lanced a year. Just think thats over 300 boils, this happened around my cycle too... Yuck...

I searching the internet for information on Boils and HS. I wanted to know if they are the same thing. As far as I can tell the difference is that boils are something that a person gets only a few times. HS is like cronic boils. I to started getting them when I hit puberty and I have just been dealing with them ever since and I am 26 now. It really sucks to have the scars and the depression that comes with it because of how you feel with intimate situations. So I just really want to throw in some of the things that I have found to help. The first thing is the one that seems to be the best and that is taking the spice turmeric. The say a tsp a day but I have also heard three tsp a day. Another thing that I have researched is that smoking has been connected to outbreaks. They also say that mixing tumeric with neosporin or A and D and putting it on the boil helps. I personally take a hot bath every night and I always make sure I get the areas dry. I have also read that dial soap is helpful but I havent tried I like to use a body wash that has tea tree oil in it because the oil is good for skin irritations. I hope this helps and once they are under control you can work on getting the scars gone I am trying to find something for that.

Hello ladies!! I have the same problem since my teen years. This problem is very common wiht women that are overweight. I visited my GYN and she game me oral antibiotics for it and they worked pretty well. She told me that sometines this problem is cause by a bacteria just like acne. Also I have try Black Soap and Shea Butter to get rid of the dark coloring that is left after the pimples and boil have dried up. I used the antibiotics for about three months and then I started using the Blach soap shea and I hve been clear even since. For me it has worked. I hope that if you try it it will help you too. I STRONGLY advise you that if you are going to so the Shea Butter and Black Soap DO NOT but it from the pharmacy or convenience store. Go to your nearest African store or to you nearest Muslim community and but it from them. Authentic Black Soap and Shea Butter from Ghana.

Hello. Well i'm 15 years old and I have this problem too, I have no idea what it is and it scares me. I am overwheight, I also have what some call "chub-rub". It's in my inner thighs and in my underarms. I thought maybe it might be from my "chub-rub" but I don't think it is, and i'm a very clean person too. I don't know how I got this but i'm hoping there is a cure for it. I haven't told anyone I have this, i've attempted but i'm too embarressed and i'm scared to tell my doctor. I'm not very comfortable showing my body to anyone, I don't even like to look at it. Anyway, I've tried many things to get rid of it, you know, acne creams, hot towels, soap of course, nothing seems to work, it doesn't even help a little bit :/ Well, I'm christian and I made a vow of abstinence, one of the reason i've made that vow is because of this problem. I thought well if the person I marry loves me, then he won't mind and he'll understand, but I don't really know about that. I mean if that were me, I'd be "turned-off" and scared to be near it, you know? I don't know what to do.

I just wanted to say that I've had the same problem since I hit puberty and have yo-yoed on my weight and I only had the problem when I was over weight. I'm self-con about it as well. I don't go swimming anymore b/c I'm afraid people will talk. Being intimate with people was always a worry and still is even though I've been in the same relationship for 6 years. And I'm obsessed (spelled wrong) with them. I've went to the doctor over the years about it and I've been told to sit in a warm bath with a bit of iodine, had antibotics. All helped but they came back. Once my doc referred me to a dermotologist (for a particularly back one) and she put a shot of something directly into it. THAT REALLY HURT (even like 45 mins afterwards). It disappered quickly but left a nasty scar. I agree with keeping things super dry. I've tried powder and deoderant but that gave me whiteheads. Maybe I'll try the alcohol. At any rate you're not alone.

I'm a competitive vollleyball player and I used to get this a ton. It drove me crazy to play in spandex because I felt like everyone could see them. I went to my doctors and they drained one to check for staph. Luckily it wasn't so they just told me to make sure I keep that area as clean and dry as possible. For about a month I used oil free face wash on a Luffa and scrubed the area clean, when I got out of the shower I dried the area completely and then checked if any needed to be drained.. Make sure you use steryl needles if you have to open one up. Then I would clean the one with alchol and put neiolsporn on it. I had to wear a pair of cotton long spandex for awhile under my clothes so that the areas didn't run up on one another.. The scaring is another issue.. I went to my deermo and she gave me some heavy duty scar recovery medicine I had to put on once I got rid of the boils. It worked because now you can only see the scars in the summertime when i'm tan