Hi
a week ago i had used nair hair removing lotion on my back. i removed it within the time limit specified. However from the moment i applied the cream , i felt a tingling on my back that intensified to pricks when i took a warm shower. few days latter i noticed red pimples on my back but only on the area i had applied the lotion. it's been 7 seven days and the pimples don't show signs of fading or drying out etc. further more everytime i shower my back feels irritated . i don't know if the warm water is causing the irritation but i cant use cold water as its winter here.

please advise

This is why all the creams need to be tested before usage. “apply cream on a small area on your skin, and if no reaction occurs in the next 24 hours, bla bla”
I mean, I never do it myself but I think I will start from now on. ;-)

Have you ever done this before? By showering with warm/hot water, you are only making the condition worse.

I reckon you are having an allergic reaction because you broke out immediately after applying the cream. You could get anti-histamine tablets from the pharmacy and a corticosteroid to reduce the inflammations but if you are uncertain, you could have it checked by a dermatologist. I prefer to be diagnosed by a pro.

I had a similar reaction on my groins but it was from the waxing. However, it was not an allergic reaction but foliculitis. My hairs got inflamed from bacteria (I suppose the one from the skin). Although they usually go away on their own, a doc prescribed some antibiotics to me. Foliculitis look similar to those you described but they also have a white spot on top, similar to pimples. I didn’t get them right away but a few days after waxing, when the hairs started growing.

This is interesting topic and gave many good post. It is very useful and informative.