OK. The other day my bf told me he would like for me to start shaving my private areas. I thought that was an easy enough request so i agreed. I first cut the long hairs with scissors and then got in a warm shower and shaved with a sharp razor and shaving cream. I cut myself quite a few times and that hurt. I found that i have LOTS of hair. It was everywhere. It was even on my butt...is that normal?!? I couldnt get it all because i cant see back there. But anywayz i thought i did fine until about 30 min after i got out it started to get real red and itchy. Then a bunch of red bumps came up that were painful. I put some gold bond powder on it to try and help but now its the 3rd day and its startin to grow back but still itches and is kinda red and has bumps and is a little painful at times. I want my boyfriend to be happy and i just need to find some tips to make shaving my privates a little easier and more enjoyable so to speak. Can you help me?

Hello!

I had exactly the same thing when i first shaved "down there". the little bumps are probably ingrown hairs and you can get some cream for this from the chemist.

i always use "Nair" now days, its a cream which you leave on for about 10 mins and then rinse it off and all your hair will wipe off easily with say a flannel or something! so it does not hurt at all!! then just put some talc powder on there! it will be lovely and soft and no razor cuts!!!

hope you find this helps!!!

i was wondering the same thing, thx for the tip doorbell, ill start using nair now :-D

Yeah the same thing happened to me the first time and i just popped them and some white stuff came out kinda like when u pop teh zits on ur face and then i got liek marks but they went away ... I was wondering is waxing a good idea ?

yeh i wanna know if waxing really hurts or not cuz if it dosent hurt to bad or dosent irrate your skin or anything then i definatly wanna try it out

I'd have to agree with one of the other posts and say that it does hurt. There are some products available to help de-sensitize the area first, but I have not had any experience with them. I would say the best part about waxing is how long it lasts, which is usually about 4-6 weeks depending on how fast your hair grows back.

Also, it doesn't irritate your skin, at least not for most people who do it. One thing is that you have to use a hard wax, and not one that uses a strip to remove it. A hard wax is first heated, then applied in small sections. It then takes a moment to cool off a bit and become firm enough to grip one end with your fingers. You remove it with your fingers, not with a strip like many waxes use. These type of waxes are usually intended for less sensitive areas such as your legs.

One thing that I found doing this is that using a very small amount of baby oil helps a lot. Use it right before waxing and make sure its just enough to leave a slight film on the area to be waxed. Using too much will prevent the wax from gripping your hairs. The oil forms a barrier between your skin and the wax and helps to prevent the wax from adhering to the skin because if it does, there is a chance for the wax to pull of a couple layers of skin, and this definitely hurts for some time after the waxing! Ouch!

One last thing, when waxing, try to make sue that the hair is only about 1/4" long. Any shorter will lessen the ability of the wax to grip onto the hairs, and any longer than that creates unnecessary pain, IMO.

Hope this helps a bit. Anything anyone wants to add to this, please feel free to do so.

Wow that's great tips out there!!!!Thanks, I was also use Nair but was thinking about waxing or a cream??

at first thought, i wouldnt start using Nair down there right away. you could have an allergic reaction to it, so try using it on your legs first. after all, you wouldnt want to go around town itching your privates. good luck