I have what look like black heads or pimples forming on the right side of my genital area going up to my lower abdomen area. i have not popped any, but they don't seem to be going away. they started forming about 2 months ago. can anyone explaine?

Acne can form in the genital area as well. They form like anywhere on the skin because of the excessive oil production by oil glands and accumulation of sweat, dirt and dead skin cells. Bacteria settle in frequently as well.
The area may contain both whiteheads and blackheads and if they get inflamed, they may turn into these red, painful and swollen pimples. Acne form when the pores that the oil is supposed to leave on the surface get blocked and the oil accumulates. When the pores are half-blocked, blackheads form because this sebum (oil) comes in contact with air and when the pores are blocked all the way, whiteheads form.
It would be best if you visited a dermatologist and talked to him/her what would be the best thing to do. The treatment is pretty much the same as on the face.