Hi everyone,

I'm due to go into bunion surgery with in the next month or so. I'm extremely active, I do a lot of high impact stuff, circuits, running and various martial arts. I was wondering if there is anyone out there who is in a similar situation and has had this op and how they have found continuing with those types of activity. As in have your feet been able to cope with it, do you suffer from pain or stiffless in the joint?

I'm 30 years old and my doctor said I should get it sorted now before it gets even worse, yet one of the specialist team at the hospital said my bunions are not that severe and its really up to me as to whether I go through with surgery, that it would take a long time to get really bad. So I'm a bit split, the pain at the moment is not unbearable and i can do all my activities, but if in my years of high activity are going to get hindered by this op then I'm considering waiting.

Thanks, Rachel

Don't do it if you don't have to. It's a difficult surgery and a long recovery.