Hi, about a month ago I started training judo. It was something completely new to me. I must say I find the sport very exhausting. I train about three or four times a week. Sometimes I get sick during the training. I know that I should have some kind of snack before the training. Can you tell me what the best foods for martial artist are?

Hi, I think that everyone that is attending hard trainings has to be prepared for such labor. I am sure that judo is not a bit simple and easy to train. You should apply the experience of bodybuilders. Anyway, that is what I did. I train karate but a bit more often then you. It is very important that you are prepared for the physical load you are facing each time you go to training. My suggestion for the best foods for you as a martial artist is: eat anything that is rich in complex carbohydrates and protein. Also it must be low in fat. This food will keep you going during the training because it is rich with energy. And when you have energy you will have less trouble to complete your training.