Hi, I have been training kick-boxing for almost a month. I must say that I have learned some pretty fine moves. Few days ago, I had my first sparring match. It was not as I thought it will be. Very soon after the beginning, I was out of my breath. I lost. Can you suggest a solution for my breathing problem so that I could give better sparring matches?

Hi, I think that you expected more then you should have from the first sparring match. After all, you have only been training kick-boxing for a month. This fighting sport can be very exhausting. This is especially true if you are up against a more experienced fighter. However, breathing needs to be trained as well for sparring. Breathing techniques can be thought in many activities. Such is yoga. You can also start training one more kind of martial art. I am in the field of taijiquan. My instructor also teaches me the breathing technique and I can go sparring for hours and not feel the way you do. Of course, you can always turn to your trainer for help. I am sure that he can help you as well.