I am 4 months pregnant and I have noticed that I have gained a lot of weight. I would like to know what kinds of exercises are recommended during pregnancy. What can help me stay fit during my pregnancy? What is the "normal" weight gain during pregnancy?

You have asked us the questions that all future moms want to know. Most of pregnant women are worried that that will gain a lot of weight during pregnancy and stay fat afterwards. When you are pregnant, you do not need to "eat for two" in terms of the amount of food you are taking. You need to get enough calories from your food to nourish your baby and stay in good health yourself. A pregnancy diet only requires an extra 200-300 calories a day during the last six months of pregnancy to achieve adequate weight gain and it is best to receive these extra calories from healthy foods. Your health care provider will suggest a range of weight that you should gain, and it is usually about 20 to 35 pounds. You will gain 20 pounds just by being pregnant as your breasts, uterus, and baby get bigger. When it comes to exercising, I recommend being active because this can help during the delivery. The easiest way is to do exercises in your own home. I also recommend walking during the day, of course, as long as it feels comfortable.