My girlfriend and I are planning to get married in a month and a half, and we are both virgins. We have never had any sexual activity with each other, neither with anyone else. According to what we've studied on her body, she will be ovulating the day after our wedding. We definitely don't want to defile ourselves sexually before we are married. So we have been thinking about me taking her virginity on the night of the wedding, but we both want that to happen with my penis, not my fingers. And we both agree on not wearing a condom. So my question is, "How likely can she get pregnant from my precum if I penetrate her vagina one day before she ovulates, but I would not ejaculate inside her?" We do want her to get pregnant, but we would like that to happen after three or six months of marriage. She is getting older, and we want a fair number of children.

Hi Getting,

Precum, if you haven't recently ejaculated, is considered not to contain sperm so the chances would be very low.

One thing to consider, the odds of getting pregnant are about 1 in 5 when everything is "perfect."  There is NO guarantee that she would get pregnant even if you were to ejaculate in her. 

Good luck and congratulation!

Hi Dan,

I really appreciate your answer. It really helps me a lot. I have a few questions, though.

"Precum, if you haven't recently ejaculated,..." How much time does recently mean there? A few days, or a week, or a month?

"The odds of getting pregnant are about 1 in 5 when everything is perfect." What exactly does that mean? Does that mean that 20% of the sexual relations done ate the time that conditions are perfect result in conception? Or does it mean that 20% of women having regular intercourse during the time that the conditions are perfect will conceive within one year?

Thank you very much!

Hi Getting,

Precum - we're talking hours or less. Urinating helps flush out the urethra.

Perfect - you time it just right so that the sperm and egg meet. This would be having sex just a few days (2-3) before ovulation. That would place the odds at about 1 in 5.

The majority of women will get pregnant within a year having regular unprotected sex. To clarify, if they don't get pregnant we begin considering fertility issues and both partners would need a thorough workup.

Hope it helps.

Thank you very much. You have been of great help.