I am 36 and I had my tubes tied 2005 and my husband at the time and I got a divorce. I am now with the man I have always been in love with but we never could try a relationship before. Now we are and i would love to give him a child after we are married but I don't have money to do IVF and i had three c-sections. My kids are 17,13,6! My tubes were tied in a funny way. My doctor said that the right tube was attached to the overey and he had to cut it away from the uterus. Which is not normal for him to do, but he could not cut it in the middle like he would normally. I don't know if that will help my chances of it re attaching itself or not, but I would love for someone out there to say that they had the same problem in the TL and it fixed it self. I also have never been a 28 day girl, but send Jan I am on a 26day average. I use to be a 31 day and I don't know if that is hormonal or my body starting a change early in life.

Hi Jeni,

I wish you the best in your quest for another child but please be aware that the odds of you conceiving naturally, 6 years after a tubal, are extremely remote.

See your ob/gyn or a fertility specialist for your options and an exam.

Good luck!

Our bodies have this incredible way of "fixing" itself when it believes there is a problem. If you had a tubal and the tubes were cut, they can actually form tissue and reconnect to each other! Just like when any other body part is damaged, our immune system kicks in and heals us. However this is unlikely in just a few months, so I would suggest going to your ob right away if you have problems. This is also why most doctors do not cut them anymore, but sauter (I'm not sure how to spell that sorry!) them so they are less likely to reconnect.