I don't have a rabbit for a pet, but I found a little story about this and just wanted to see your opinion on this. Or maybe if someone here really has a rabbit for pet.
What I read is that they live pretty long life so if you are planing to have a rabbit for a pet then you will have to take care for him for a long time. They have mentioned that you have to be careful when picking a rabbit, you need to be clear that he is not ill in any way. You need to give him fresh grass, greens and fruit.
So if there is someone here that had or has a rabbit at home, pleas give us some info on that. :-)

I used to keep rabbits as pets when I was little. They ate all kinds of veggies and meat too. They also made lots of babies. I used to give the babies away to my friends after they have grown up a little. They do need a lot of room to run around though. So make sure you have a large fenced-in front yard or back yard. Are you considering a rabbit breeding business?

Hi hoseclamps, no I'm not considering breeding business. I live in an apartment and my girlfriend had an idea that would be nice to have a rabbit for a pet. So I read a few things. But it seams that there is no possibility for me to have one. I don't have a lot of space for him. And I know they like to run and jump all around.
What did they like to eat most?

They loved all kinds of veggie scraps that I gave them, especially carrots.

Did you have any problems with sicknesses?

Rabbits might seem like good pets because they're quiet and they don't eat much but they are such a pain to clean up after. At least with dogs and cats you have one or two solid bits of feces that you can clean up if they don't go where they're supposed to, but rabbits will litter your floor with tons of tiny little pellets. If they don't go where they're supposed to it's a horrifying mess to clean. Usually you keep them in a cage so you have to just let the cage fill with newspaper and change that out daily. I don't think I would ever own rabbits again to be honest!

didn't really think of this. Good that you have mentioned this. This can be really important thing when choosing a pet. If you have to go all day and clean up his mess, it's not really a point to have a pet like this. Dogs and cats are much easier with this. If they are trained well they wont mess up your house at all.