so i have the same symptoms as you all describe and i have had it for about 4 months now because i always thought it would just go away, but im 13 and i havent been to the doctor. what am i supposed to tell my parents? i dont even know where it came from. help! >

Any woman can get a yeast infection at any age. Yes you should talk to your parents so they can get you the medical treatment you need. I have the same symptoms after taking an antibiotic and went to a dr. It is yeast infection. Scaring these women will not help anything. Yeast infection can be terrible just as everyone has described. I myself was on birth control pills, antibiotics, and steroids at the same time and found out later that all three cause yeast infection alone. Together they cause one so bad you can hardly move. Nice of the Doctors to tell you that this may happen when prescribing medication. Good luck to everyone and hope you feel better.

Wow... it is the exact same problem I have. I am so embarrased of making and appointment... since I dont feel comfortable having the doc look at my private areas... can you please let me know what the doc told you^ because my symptoms are identicle to yours.

would you mind to give me that doctor number because i have that same problem and i have some question to ask about this issue but i dont know any doctor if you can give me number that would me so helpful to me thankx

Phewww glad its not just me then Ive got severe Atrophic Vaginiitis and use Vagifem (im 15yrs postmeno Im 56)
I got a throat infection they put me on Amoycillin last Saturday took 2 a day only cos they make me feel sick
OK Sat/Sun?Mon?Tue? Wenesday I woke up and my skin covering my clittoras was red raws and
My inner area of the outer mons looked like a burn Havent taken any more since yesterday morning It diminshed during the day
Today Im left with a red area on my clittoral hood and a white scaley small patch on the outer area its not itchy not sore
I rang GP she said NOPE cant be the Amoxycillin I said why she said if it was an alergy then when through everything to anafel shock
OK sooooo I was fine except for a bad throat the only thing diff I did was take Amoxycillin Im sorry as far as Im concerned it was that >;) >;) >;) >;) >;) >;) >;) >;) >;)

hi my name is tanya. four years ago after having my first girl i was diagnosed with LS. had loads of trouble down there over the following years, used steroid cream all the time, life was tough. two years ago i had my second daughter and all was well after, i stopped using the cream for two years, and if i thought it was coming back, id take a trush tablet just in case and all has been well. but just last week my wisdom tooth got infected and started a course of antibotics(amoxicillin) and my privates has turned red rare, and skin is flaking off every where, just the same as it used to be. so is it related, after reading your posts by pot luck i think some doctor should look in to this. its so horrible. so is it an allergic reaction? LS? or just a bad case of thrush? i wish someone could anwser me. in the mean time i will pray to God to heal me xxx

hi  im danielle im 19  years  old   and i haveint  had  sex   a couple days  ago i started shaveing down  there  and  i notticed  a  rash and  it is so  itchy  and  tonight i notticed   wite patches  of  skin      i  tryed corn starch  on it  now im trying deoterant i showed my mom and  she  says  it looks  rilly  red but she   doseint think i  need to go to the doctors  but im  kinda  scared  iv never had this  before  now i  have my perid and its  still kinda itchy  eny  ides  of  what  to  put  on  it?

I have the same symptoms and it all happened right after my yeast infection. it got worse after using monistat 1 (never use it) i went to planned parenthood yesterday for an appointment and she did take a herpes test and sent it out, but she was very certain that it wasn't an std and said it may be Lichen Sclerosus and in go back in on friday for a vulva biopsy. 

So about two months ago I noticed down there was getting a bit sore and it seemed to be very sore and dry, and if i touched it, it felt like dry, dead hard skin, maybe even scabby. I investigated naturally(lol), and it looked i had all these white flaky bits of skin at the bottom of my labia, and in the in-between bit between my vagina and anus. the flakes could literally be picked off and it was disgusting and so embarrassing so I didn't tell anyone. I put lots of vaseline on it thinking it was just dry i don't know, and the flakes went. But like 2 months on and it hasn't been that flaky but something weird is still going on down there!!!

It's quite sore at times, and burns sometimes too. If i go to the toilet and the skin between my vagina and anus is stretched its has a quite big burning sensation, its sore, and like skin still peels off, but its not dry. Like when you have been swimming for a long time and you can rub off dead skin, its like that all the time.

I went to the pharmacist today in boots and it was so embarrassing, i thought it was a yeast infection but she said the skin flaking sound odd, however she's giving me some canesten cream to use and if it doesn't work I'm going to the doctors.

what is wrong with me

I have been having these issues mentioned for a couple of weeks now. Some of us are very scared to discuss these things with our physician but I will tell you please dont hesitate, NOONE will judge ou for this, wether self inflicted or natural causation is to blame.

In the end the physicians are there TO HELP, and to those teenagers who are having issues, i tell you from the bottom of my heart that i understand how how hard it  is to tell a parent something so private however, if you know your parents love and will do anything to take care of you, dont deal with it alone, they will make sure you get proper treatment and that both YOU AND THEM receive proper education on the issue from THE PHYSICIAN

with that in mind my story:

I have always gotten a little soreness down where the sun dont shine after sexual intercourse but nothing major.

however in the past couple of weeks i noticed soreness, EXTREME itchingon the vulva are which put me in a bad mood and drove me insane, the more i scratched the worst it got. i attributed this to my cycle and figured it will get better on its on, but two more cycles came and it was just as bad.

Metronidazole, monistat 1 3 and 7made it worst i think. ffinally i couldnt take it anymore and started looking online becasue i KNEW it was not an infection. i had those before and Metronidazole,  would clear it in days.

This was really odd to me so i visited my OBGYN. he said he found blood on my urine but he said it could be from me scratching so damn much.

he couldnt see a physical rash and it was not red EVERYTHING LOOKED ABSOLUTELY NORMAL, no discharge nothing.so he thought i was having an allergic reaction. (from my research i was ready for this so i pushed him further and explained what i had found)

My physician told me, that it seems as though i was developing an outbreak of Vaginal puritus or contact dermatitis and that it seems like a hormonal change that should pass.He explained to me that steroidal creams should be used with care in that area as they are more absorbable (30% absorbancy)there than anywhere else so the dosage should not be to high.

He prescribed TRIAMCINOLONE ACETONIDE 0.5% twice a day

But before i even started using this i found my own REFRESHING CURE:

I made my own cream by mixing tripleantibiotic cream, hydrocotizone anda frew drops of 100% tea tree oil. i mix them together and got 95%  instant  REFRESHING relief. when i used the prescribed steroidal cream it gave me the extra 5%.

I hope it works for you guys try it and let me know

@marielena- thanks so much for your suggestion of a "refreshing" salve. I tried this, and it is wonderful. I've been dealing with issues for a while now and after antibiotics and multiple doctor visits, this is the best I've felt in months!

:-)  keltripp

yay!!!!! im glad it help you too!

This sounds exactly like what I am experiencing right now! NOT FUN! I am on antibiotics for a toe infection (Augmentin) and about 2 weeks in this itchy rash has developed down there.. I am going to eat lots of yogurt and try benedryl... I have 3 days left of my meds.. I don't know whether to keep taking them? It will be a month total that I've had the meds.

all these symptoms sound like athletes foot but not on the foot. Could it be a female version of jock itch?

Ok guys and gals , I have had the same type of rash for 5  months now it is very frustrating, painful & embarrassing to say the least. It seems to be the only thing that I can think about and Im sure you all know what I mean. I have found a really great recipe that I have been using after many trials and errors & lots of money spent buying things to help solve this problem & needless to say some helped some didnt some made it worse some only lasted a while for relieve :-) so here it is my relief , I know it may seem odd and unbelievable but it really does help sooth my rash ALOT!!!!
 Rash Bath Recipe::
1 GARLIC GEL VITAMIN
1 CHAMOMILE TEA BAG
1/8 CUP OF SEA SALT
1/8 CUP OF EPSOM SALT
4 DROPS OF TEA TREE OIL
4 DROPS OF JOJOBA OIL
1/4 TEASPOON OF VIRGIN COCONUT OIL ( CONSUMABLE)

I fill my bath (2 times a day) with about an inch of very hot water throw in the garlic tab and it melts  & my tea bag ,stir in all other ingredients which I mix in a cup ahead of time then crawl in and soak in this mixture for about 20 min. It relieves so much of the burning and pain and really helps ease the rashes redness . now it will be kinda stinky with the garlic tab   but its not bad and you get used to it after a few minutes ( really helps to clear the old sinuses too)  lol....then I made another concoction  that I use daily and before bed....it helps stop the itching and burning during the day & I sleep very well at night along with my ibuprofen.

Rash salve:

2 tablespoons of Vaseline
1 tablespoon of triple antibiotic gel
5 drops of tea tree oil
5 drops of jojoba oil

this also works very well and I use it as needed as much as needed but the only thing with this is it separates so u have to mix it every time you use it but it is also wonderful.

I also have been taking pro bio-tics  and changed my diet around no sugar no gluten's no caffeine and so far with all of this it is clearing up nicely so far. I feel for all of you out there suffering with this it is very painful and very distressing but I was also very glad to know that Im not the only one out there suffering ( sorry) but it makes you crazy and you almost think you are loosing your mind after a point. And I don't understand why the doctors are not helpful ! We should NOT have to suffer like this!
I also just recently started going threw menopause & I also think this have something to do with this PH levels are all whacked out so I have also been taking some support for that and  lots of vitamins ( garlic, good bacteria & a woman's multi vitamin lots of wellness teas & Stevia sugar substitute all natural ). I also heard someone mention benadryl for the itching & swelling but I havent tried that yet but Im buying some to see if this also helps because it seems like I will get it somewhat cleared and the itching gets unbarible then it seems like Im back to square one! ugghhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!
 Good luck to you all and let me know if my  rash recipes help you they sure did me!