I had a swollen lump it wasn't itchy but sore to touch Iv just started on sum antibiotics I have been given by my doc he said it's a common problem that happens alot it's where a gland doesn't drain the fluid away which causes it to swell and become irritated if antibiotics don't work they say you have to get a op to drain it away, I don't no if any of this helps?!

Vulvovaginitis. Look it up, I'm positive that's what it is

I also have this problem. I was looking at some possible things it could be. Mine seems the most similar to a Bartholin Cyst or Abcess. Hopefully this helped! I am to go tote doc soon as it is the weekend. This has been going on for about 2-3 days so far and not getting better. It is also very painful to walk/sit at times. Could I be right with the cyst?

Hi. I had Bartholins Abcess a few years ago and my left labia Majora was swollen so much within a space of 2days that I couldn't sit or lie forget walking. I ended up in A&E and they had to drain the abcess, I couldn't walk for nearly a month. I however do get occasional swollen labia and is very uncomfortable, usually goes away if left alone, I would say try not to itch!! I hope you're all better.

If you have jock itch an antibiotic wouldn't help resolve the problem. Jock itch is caused my a fungus and not bacteria.

Girls, I have the same kind of swollen labia major on the right side. But unlike what everyone wrote here, I don't have any itchiness, redness or white discharge. And there isn't even a pain...but it butters me a lot, because I don't want to have that swelling. When I touch it, it feels like there is a very small ball thing inside. I am not sexually active. So I went to a doctor at my school. She checked, and prescribed me a antibiotic. It didn't help. I had this since last year. It would be about 7 months. If any of you find an answer to this problem, please do share it with me.  

I have the same problem, it happened during intercourse, during intercourse just before an orgasm i felt some slight pain on the right side. Next morning i woke up in pain and with a bulge of approximately 1 inch in diameter on the right side of LABIA MAJORA. It is not infection at all, i am sure.

3 years ago i had a similar experience during another session and I had a small swelling of the muscle surrounding the Labia Majora. But this time it is worse, I have pain, i do not even know how to define, i am not sure to which doctor to go?

All the women that have similar symptoms, check back if you had any sexual intercourse (probably extreme) around the time you saw these swellings. I would like to hear from people that have similar experience, what did you do?

Really worried, I am pretty sure (as long as you do not have obvious symptoms of infection) that these swelling are from sexual activities. We are a married couple, and it has happened twice in 3 years, the first time it was not painful. The recent case, 2 days before, it is very very bad, can't stand. It is as Suzy describes, a small ball inside, just on the right side of the Labia Majora. If it is because of muscular activity (intercourse related) I would guess a massage therapy in hot water could help... but  i am not sure. Waiting for other responses. 

Hi, I do have a similar problem where I have the red swollen in the inner part of the labia. I didn't have any itchiness or pain, which I thought is normal after delivery of my 3rd child. Today I went to see a doctor and he says that the gland is swollen and need to be removed. I'm lucky it was not infected or else in later stage it might get infected with a pus and will be very painful.

I have the same issue does anyone know what it is?

Does it also affect the direction of ur urine when peeing, cos my right labia majors is a bit swollen ,no pain,doesn't itch,but when I'm peeing,my urine doesn't come out straight.

I have the same problem - for a good 2 years now..... there is something inside (maybe muscle like ?? ) - it doesn't hurt, there isn't any redness, discharge or the like - At first I thought it was embarrassing and that it was from masturbating. but it is still growing ...... and I am getting concerned. Have you found an answer??

I do have it right now, yah i think its something about the pubic hair. How many times you take the antibiotic?

Hi I had this before I was diagnosed with coeliac disease which means I can't eat gluten or wheat. As soon as I cut these out it stopped. I had it along with other parts of me flaring up or being itchy or sore and the doctor thinks it was a result of eating gluten

I think it is a Bartholins Cyst.

I think that I enduced one in myself by the way I sit on my bicycle. I am currently taking antibiotics to resolve the infection and I will change the way I ride to prevent further traumatizing that side of my vulva.

If precious, soft little labia is this much trouble, imagine how awful it would be to have a penis or, god forbid, testicles, all mashed up in your pants. Yuck.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use