Can you please tell what was it? I have the same problem

this does sound like a bartholin cyst. i had one years ago.. had to be drained and had a drain left in for a while (cant remember 30 years ago) . i think i have it again.. which is how i ended up on this site. bartholin gland helps with lubrication and it can get ... clogged or something.. and thats when they have to drain it.

What happened? This is happening atm for myself

This problem started happening to me about a year ago. After several trips to the doctor and some research it seems to be a skin condition. Try searching 'vulvar dermatitis' 'vulvitis' or 'vulval eczema' for answers. I believe my issue was caused by sweating and friction as It often occurred in warm weather, when I was doing a lot of walking or wearing tight pants.

My Gyno confirmed that this could be the cause and now when it comes on I do the following:

- apply a cold compress when it's swollen ( but not for too long)
- use a soap-free cleanser when showering
- avoid getting shampoo near the area
- don't use bath bombs or bubble baths
- shower right away if you have been sweating
- don't shave or wax the area
- be very gentle when wiping with toilet paper
- lean forward when urinating to avoid getting urine on your labia
- wear cotton underwear and avoid tight clothing

I also cut out foods that cause inflammation like dairy and sugar and eat more turmeric which is anti-inflammatory. I try to eat healthy food, get plenty of sleep and take vitamins to support my immune system so my body can repair itself. I read that this area can take longer than other parts of your body to heal, so you need to take good care of it, even after symptoms have subsided,

This always works for me and I hope it's helpful.

I've had the exact issues of extreme redness, swollen and itching. I decided to try a variety of things I had until I could get in to see the doctor. Nothing was working at all and I was miserable. The last RX cream I tried was "Betamethasone Val 0.1% CRM 15GM". I've been applying it lightly in the am & pm for 3 days. On day 2 I could tell it was working. I have some redness and a little swelling today.
Hopefully I'll continue to see success.

You most likely have a yeast infection.

Did you get a diagnosis for this yet. My symptoms are the same as yours and I also have not had sex in over 4 months. I woke up yesterday with this out of nowhere. I just finished an antibiotic two days ago for a sinus and ear infection, not sure if related. I do have a little pain with it but on a scale only about a 2.5.

I hate to tell you all this, but this is HERPES. Yes, it happened to me because of a herpes outbreak. It's gone now, but that's what it is.

I get the same exact thing, have no idea what it is I went to the gyno once for it and they said I had an infection after the medication they gave me it still happens. I can't figure out how to prevent it but to make it go down faster I spray cold cold water directly on it in the shower and then get into spandex and put an ice pack over it I treat it as if it was a leg injury and I'm trying to keep the swelling down

Have you finally gotten a diagnosis for you problem? If not check into Hidradenitis Suppurativa. Its an awful condition that is very painful. Call Dr. Tahernia in Beverly Hills for help. He is going to be your life saver

Have you gotten a diagnosis? It sounds exactly like I was diagnosed with, Hidradenitis Supprativa. It is an awful disease. Call Dr. Tahernia in Beverly Hills he will answer all of your questions.

Its not herpes, its Hidradenitis Supprativa.

Check into Hidrdenitis Supprativa. Ask the doctor to do blood work. If it is Call Dr. Tahernia in Beverly Hills. He can help you. This disease progresses in stages. It gets vey painful and debilitating, believe me. I have it and just found Dr. Tahernia and I'm scheduled for surgery.

Check out Hidradenitis Supprativa. Ask your your doctor to do blood work to rule it out. If it is call Dr. Tahernia in Beverly Hills he can help you. Don't mess around with this it does progress into a very painful and debilitating condition.

If it is a fungal infection, antibiotics will make it worse. you need to put monistat crème or even plain yogurt on it.