Hi. I'm 20 year old female and I would like to talk with someone about these small lumps I've developed recently on my vaginal area.
I've become sexually active about six months ago and before that- I have never shaved my pubic and genital area because I didn’t consider this to be something important. Of course, I had to change this when I started enjoying in sex.
Recently I started noticing these small and painful lumps in vaginal area and I was just wondering is this from shaving, like I think so, or it could be a sign of something much more serious!?
Thanks!

Hello. I decided to help you because I can't stand the fact you could be worried because of such a trivial thing. I definitely don’t thing that you could developed some sexually transmitted disease because you should had more symptoms. You’ve described almost typical shaving lumps that are very common problem among women who shave their genital area. The precise term is folliculitis.
Folliculitis is an infection of the hair follicles and this usually looks like tiny red lumps around the bases of hairs, often in areas that are shaved. To avoid this, in future you should always use a new and sharp razor and specially designed foams for genital shaving such as Priva Shave and others... Use hot water and soap, before and after shaving.

i wouldnt worry much about the lumps. i believe it is from shaving. at least thats what i tell myself. if they are constantly itching try an ice pack or itching cream. baby powder is not a good solution.
if the bumps do not go away in about a month consult a doctor.

Im Pretty sure its from Shaving. I never had sex before or anything but I do shave and ever once in a while a lump will appear... but itll go away hopefully...

It depends on where the bumps are, really. And what kind. Small red bumps on your front, where most of your hair is, are ingrown hairs as a result of shaving. Smallish hard raised bumps on the edge of your Labia seem to be simillar, but larger and more painful due to their proximity to the wet and heat of your vagina itself. Anything that does not look like an over grown pimple is cause for concern, as well as if you notice strange colours, fluids or odors. Try triple antibiotic cream on the big ones and tweez out the offending hair for the small ones.

Cheers.

its just from shaving, if the bumbs look like there sorta under the skin.
and, go away if you dont shave for awhile.
i think all girls have that problem.
i would also like to know how to stop it,
o n e, they do itch.
t w o, it doesnt look very pretty, for having sex.
yet, it would look a lot worse not to shave.

i heard using rubbing alcohol after shaving helps,
although, ive tried it. it helped, but it didnt totally eliminate the problem.
i also heard to use dove deoderent. i never tried it,
but it does make sense because that helps the bumbs under your arm pits.

good luck! 8)

I don't think it's anything more than shave bumps. I get them all the time. A good lather is usually what helps but they are always bound to come out of no where some how.

I'm 17 I had. Sex wit 2 guy diffrent times though..and after that I started shaving and than I noticed a bump on the right side of my labia it hurt wen I press on it a lil lil u can't see it unless u keep touching it like it swells up than I got one today right after shavinng on the other side of my labia I'm really really scared I'm scared to go to the geno cuz they have to no if I'm a virgin n it would break my grammas heart if she knew..=..( I haven't had any symptoms of anything just those bumps n there the color of my skin one feels like a bubble bump like it has air plz help me..

As far as I can tell what ou've got is an ingrown hair. Try googling a picture of one and let me know if that's wha tyou've got. In the meantime, do not have sex with another guy until you know if you've got an STD or not, okay? It would be really unfair to give someone an STD because you didn't want to go to the doctor. Are you able to go to the doctor? They wouldn't tell your grandmother if you're not a virgin anymore.

UH HELLO!

sometimes symptoms of STDs will show no signs even after a year of contacting one.

& some cases those bumps could be herpes.

dont fill her head with nonsense, because this is NOT a "trivial thing".

im not saying you should freak out, but you should always be concerned with what is going on between your legs.

anyhow, shaving will cause bumps.

why does a young woman feel that because she is having sex she has to shave her p***y?
i work with alot of young women and they all feel that way...i think people growing up on porn
condition themselves to view this as "hot" and then that's all they know.

i am a 15 year old girl , i shaved my vagina area 3 days ago. now, there are a lot of bumps and redness. it feels kind of prickly like and it hurts everytime i touch my vagina area. this had to be from when i shaved for the first time right? i hope, please please please someone help me. i've been crying because i am so scared that i might have an STD or a disease. i don't know, and how do i cure this. ):

Hi there!! If you do not have any bumps on your pubic area before you shave, the bumps are probably from shaving. However, if there are bumps there all the time, I would consult a doctor. It helps to use a new razor, lather your vagina VERY WELL, and DO NOT keep going over the same spots. Your vagina is a very sensitive place; if you keep going over the same places it will look and feel terrible. There are shaving creams made for sensitive places. You can also try hair remover, or use the shaving cream that doesnt use a reall razor (I forgot what that is called, but I got it for my daughter when she started shaving her legs). Good Luck to all of you, there is Never a reason to be afraid to go to the doctor. BE SAFE.. NOT SORRY :-)

I, like most women, get razor bumps ALL the time, and its very annoying. Im a 17 yr old who, sadly, is sexually active, and I have found that if you shave from side-to-side, rather than up and down, it reduces the amount of bumps. Although I would like to eliminate this problem all together; I have not found a defineate way, but this does seem to help. Also DO NOT apply lotions after shaving, this could cause the bumps to burn and become worse.

Hi...I'm 15 and I shaved my vagina 3 days ago.....with a razor for the first time.....it was fine till 3 days but then I suddenly felt itching and when I saw I had lil small bumps/lumps.......I guess that's what they're called......and I'm not sexually active I've never had sex......so probably it's not from that.....and so I wanna know some answers to my questions: 1) do they go away without doing anything? If not then what do I have to do? Details please... 2) how long do they stay? 3) what're some ways through which I can shave down there without bumps/lumps/cuts etc? 4) should I still continue to shave or not? Please please help meeee.........:(