Hey there everyone.

For the last two days my dog has really big issue with his stomach. He is sick and in the last two days it is bad. I tried to give him everything, but it seems that I can’t see any progress in it. I was wondering can you give me some information how to help a do with sick stomach? What is the best cure?

Before you start to give me advice I need to tell you that chicken meat and rice didn’t helped me. I tried to avoid to give water to him but I was not able since he was sad. I was scared because of it :/

How to deal with it?

Hi Millie,

It's time to see a vet. 

Hey there Millie. I agree with medic – dan. It is very important to see your vet as soon as possible. That is the best way that you can help your dog in this situation. But if you want to try something on your own, there is nothing better than rice. Warm rice after cooking in very large amount of the water is great cure. Feed your dog with this and I am sure that very soon you will be able to see some progression. Vegetables broth is also very good. The good thing is that you can leave it in the fridge for a while and serve your dog even when is cold.

Hello. It is definitely all about the foods. I believe that sick stomach was caused by some bad foods in his diet program. Well Millie since you are a new dog owner I think that you need to learn a lot about it. The most important thing is that in those cases you base your food for your dog on rice, boiled chicken meat and pumpkin. You can make mistake with it. Of course, be aware that you need to visit the vet just in case. You should never avoid to visit the vet because it can be something other. Not just sickness.

Hello everyone. Well, I can see that I need to visit the vet. But I am really interested in what this can be. I mean, I made an appointment with my vet and I am going to visit him tomorrow.

I saw some progress in my dogs stool yesterday, but today it seems to me that everything is the same. He started to have ugly and very smelly stool and he is sick again.

Yes, I am a new pet owner and I still need to learn a lot about my dog and his foods.

What do you think, can I start today with some diet program now, without visiting the vet?

Hi Millie,

You can try to stop feeding him for about a day.

Sick stomach shouldn't last more than a day or two so your dog might be in a bigger trouble than you thought so.

I suggest that you try to keep him without any food for 24 hours and see what happens. Just provide him with enough water during this time. It won't be hard for him to be without food because his stomach is already making him trouble while he's eating.

If he doesn't get better after one day, and since he's been sick for four days already, you definitely must visit your vet.

Hey Millie,

I honestly think that rice must help when it comes to problems with one's stomach. Now, if it didn't help in your case, you probably have a more serious problem that is causing his stomach sickness.

I know of only two ways to treat a sick stomach caused by dietary issues: one would be the one that Mima wrote, keeping your dog without food for a day and the second one would be feeding him with rice and boiled water.

Now these two things are supposed to help and the results are usually visible within a day, but since your dog isn't reacting to rice and his condition continues, you should really see a vet.

Hey Millie,

I think that rice is the best cure as well. The best way to treat a sick stomach, if the cause is the food, is one of two things that Ruby said.

Now, the thing that should be scaring you is that your dog has a sick stomach for more than a week now. That's not good. If a sick stomach is caused by some bad food or something, it shouldn't last more than a day or two. So I'm guessing that your dog has a more serious problem that just a sick stomach.

You definitely need to see the vet, I honestly hope that you already did.

Hey everyone,

I have a German Sheppard and whenever his stomach is sick, I would stop giving him food for one whole day and he would be fine. I would recommend the same thing to you.

Now I don't think that it has to be anything serious like Mia wrote. I don't think that you have to worry about this or take your dog to the vet because if you continued feeding your dog in the same way you did before he got sick, then you are not allowing his stomach to heal. To do this, just do what I told you and he should be just fine.

Hey there everyone.

First and the most important step is to visit the vet. He is the only one who can give you the right cure.

Second thing that you can do is to change your dog’s diet program. Have you ever considered that your dog can be allergic to certain ingredient? Neither my sister, but she found out that her dog is allergic to meat. That is the reason why he always was sick. She needed to heal him and the first step were rice and pumpkin.

You should start with it. This will clean dog’s organism.

Good luck with it.