Hello. I'm 24 year old female and just recently I have found out that I'm pregnant. Of course, I was thrilled when I heard the news but in a same time I was very frightened.
In these last couple of months I have several times heard about the word “too short pregnancy” and, because in these last years it became pretty common among young women, I started somehow to believe that I will also have these problems with premature birth. Please tell me this isn’t truth. What are the risks of developing this terrible complication? Are there any sign and symptoms?

Hello. I can see that you are pretty worried about this and that’s why I will tell you everything I know about this problem.
First I will tell you that this isn’t so common complication because, for example in U.S about five or six out of every 100 births are premature. Of course, you know the consequences-premature babies have less time to fully develop and mature in the womb and that’s why most of their organs aren’t fully developed.
The biggest problem is their lungs. There are some tricks that can help you recognize the short pregnancy such as regular contractions of your uterus much before your date, menstrual-type or abdominal cramps and watery discharge from your vagina.