Great common sense post!

You're easily one of thee most incompetent assholes and a beautiful example of "I'm an adult so I'm smarter than you, therefore bow down to me you child."

Do not try to use your age to put yourself above someone else. We're all equal in this world, and someone like you are the reason our world is so discriminatory and close minded and violent.

Alas to the before mentioned question, LSD on depression will not cause a deeper depression nor will it cure the depression. Try at own risk is the motto man.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** inappropriate posting*** Please read our Terms of Use

Hell yes if you ask from me.I used to have severe depression and anxiety back in the day.Then came LSD.Now I'm like why the hell was I depressed back then!!??
I liked the idea of tripping so much it ddnt effect the trip but after a few trips I've now realized that bad trips teach you best lessons about yourself.
Peace out

Okay so im 19, (yes im young but my response is off personal experience and own research) but I've had pretty strong depression the majority of my life. Talked to many drs and tried many meds, all wich work for a while then fall short of helping anymore over time becoming a drug rat for something new. Well in my younger years on life 13-18 i experimented heavily with drugs (knowing well that didn't help at all with my depression, anxiety and so forth) but did allot of lsd and shrooms. I noticed for myself that the next 3 weeks to a month after a trip the lsd helped tremendously with my depression. Every now and then i might have a bad trip but even after those i still had evidential relief from my chronic depression. Due to the drig being illegal mostly everywhere for some years there has been short on studies proving lsd helps but personaly know other people that it helps with depression (with moderation not tripping every couple days when tolerance s down) its helped and on other discussion boards I've read the same. One thing i have seen studies on is shrooms help with anxiety and depression. The penicillin that makes the mushroom hallucinations helps with depression and they are trying to extract it in portions in medicine (deffs in trial stage) to take small doses of it (not to where your hallucination, more so to just tackle the main problem of depression itself) and that it may be the miracle drug for majority of people who suffer from this disease. From personal use i can vouch it works and for more unstable (not as strong of minds) to take shrooms instead of lsd Becouse Lucy is more intense and higher chances of a bad trip but my catch 22 is lsd works better and longer for me personally. Hope my 10 cents helped and i apologize for it not being in the best detail just thats my brief explanation over the matter. Any questions please feel free to ask

My own experience. LSD can put me in touch with my soul.My deepest inner working.It will cure my depression. But it will bring to the surface all the supressed pain and feeling.There is a place for mature thinking to develop self care to deal with depression.But this can only work so far. When I need to be one with my soul. If that is the depression I find LSD will bring me to that place.Now my Soul is not all loving and flowery it is a complex maze of thought,feeling my inner workings. When I feel everything around me is at a loss LSD can bring me back to the essence of my life. But Saying that I strongly feel it needs to be supported with 2-4 weeks of intense,loving psychotherapy to be as safe as possible. The film Total Recall is a more accurate account of an LSD trip to me than say ALICE in wonderland. Also existing medication can conflict with LSD and if you are on anti-psycotics and decide to stop taking them you greatly increase the chance of suicide.

When I tried acid for the first time (my first drug to try except weed) then I took 300ug (by accident) and it was the best night of my life, I have been dealing with depression since I can remember myself but when I took acid for the first time the depression went away for good three months, I felt like a new person
I decided to take shrooms for the first time afterwards looking for similar experience have in mind I still had no depression and afterwards I got depression again and so I tried LSD again but it had no effect on my depression
I'm not saying your friend should go try LSD because it worked for me, LSD is a different experience for everyone you cant just label it as a cure for depression even if it has for some people, I would recommend it to sort out your life and get everything in order.
Ps. I'm from Iceland sorry for bad spelling if there is any

LSD is not the answer, nor are antidepressants. Talk to a shrink, get real treatment - pills are not meant as a cure, but as something you take until you get proper treatment.

Honestly, most of the research is pretty lackluster and, in my experience, it made my depression worse. LSD is good for a fun time, but not much else.

Just because one is underaged doesn't mean they don't have enough knowledge to talk from experience. It also doesn't make their opinion any less valid or correct.

The fact that the day someone turns 21 they suddenly become a member of society, capable of having opinions worth sharing is quite honestly ridiculous.

Instead of attacking people trying to answer the question in the comments, maybe try to contribute something relevant.

:)

Ugh these pseudointellectual kids know f*****g nothing!
Tell your friend to go to a doctor. If he believes exploring his mind and experiencing a new plain or reality may be helpful then so be it. It is not a cure. It may be harmful.

No actually Joey, that KID was right. You don't need to do it more than twice to know that it's not a way out of depression. It does expand your mind and sometimes in a bad way which is why LSD isn't a great idea for someone with depression. It is a very strong drug that can send people into bad trips and it is a lot easier for people with mental illnesses like depression to be effected in that way by the drug. You should be the one who thinks about what they say before they post it. Thanks

Thank you that's what I was trying to say

Just to give my 2 cents (having never tried it but done a metric sh*t ton of research), LSD could help in a depressive episode (but NOT if you have a depressive disorder) depending on what you feel the cause of the depression is, if you feel like you need answers to questions you ask yourself, and also depending on what could be called chance (because we still don't understand LSD clearly to this day).

But the reason I commented wasn't originally to say this. I saw someone commenting that ecstasy is used to treat depression :

DO NOT USE ECSTASY IF YOU ARE DEPRESSED

It is only used TO HELP THERAPY for people suffering from PTSD (post-traumatic stress disorder), as it makes you more "open" and "honest" somewhat (amongst all the other effects of course).

The reason you ABSOLUTELY MUST NOT use ecstasy or MDMA to treat depression is that as I said it only helps when used for a therapy, but also because of the way it works. The main effect of ecstasy is to release most of the serotonin stored in your brain, making for the euphoria and and intense well-being. Problem is, when your serotonin is depleted, you can feel it.

I haven't tried LSD, but I have tried ecstasy, and I can tell you that you do not feel especially joyful the next day, especially if you do it multiple times in a row.

On my first time doing ecstasy, I had one pill (no idea of the dosage, pale purple Chupa Chups) three days in a row. The next few days, I felt like I didn't care about anything anymore; my friends, my career, even my life. I was aware that it was caused by the drug, and thus was extremely careful to stay safe and not do anything stupid, but I still felt like nothing mattered at all.

There are ways to reduce (or even eliminate, apparently) an ecstasy hangover, like consuming a bunch of antioxidants, kratom, etc., but I still HIGHLY advise against taking ecstasy to treat depression. Probably the best things you could go for would be weed, kratom (which might be illegal since like a month, depending on where you live), and depending on the situation, maybe psychedelics (not hallucinogens in general, i.e. ketamine, specifically psychedelics like shrooms, LSD, DMT, mescaline, etc.), or maybe not.

Just don't do ecstasy.

that made my day bwahahahaha