me and my boy friend are sexually active (oral sex).. i was suffering from bowel disorder and the following month my period was brown in color for first two days then red in color.. now my period is due tomorrow.. now i have slight discharge of blood which is brown in colour.. it stopped later. i am really scared whether i am pregnant?? reply soon please someone help me..

Dear Andrea

The brown blood was probably old blood, and nothing unusual.

The only way you can get pregnant is from sperm reaching an egg shortly after ovulation. So we have to consider how that might have happened. You cannot get pregnant from swallowing semen.

1. Semen has to get into your vagina to get you pregnant
  2. Do you get semen on your hands?
  3. Does he get semen on his hands?
  4. Does he get semen in his own mouth (kissing after ejaculation into your mouth)?
  5. Does he ejaculate on or near your vulva?
  6. How old are you?
  7. Where afre you from?
  8. Are there any cultural or religious implications?

Hope this helps as a start

Shepherd999 wrote:

Dear Andrea

2. Do you get semen on your hands?
  3. Does he get semen on his hands?
  6. How old are you?
  7. Where afre you from?

Hope this helps as a start

no only once he got semen on his hands.. and touched near my vagina but not inside.. we always have our inners on us.. and i am17 years oly. please reply thank you..

Dear Andrea

I would think you are ok. I would not think you are pregnant, but you didn't answer all the questions. If the vaginal area is moist, semen could find its way in. Also, if he got semen in his mouth and transferred it to your vulva, there could be transference. So when did he once get semen on his hands and touched you (where exactly?), and when was your last period relative to that event?

As I say, I think the risk you are pregnant is low, and the brown blood is, in itself, nothing to worry about. But if you want a bit more help, please answer the questions.

he touched the skin below public hair.. no he does get semen in his mouth.. this happened on 19th of this month and my period is due tomorrow today i have this brown blood wich came out and now stopped..

Dear Andrea

I am trying to understand, but you are not answering clearly. It may be that you don't understand your body well enough, or you may not want to say too much in public. If that is the case, then feel free to private message me.

1. 'he touched the skin below public hair' A woman's pubic hair can be an upside-down triangle that points to near the clitoris, or it can extend around the labia major to the thighs. So did he touch your clitoris? or what?
  2. 'no he does get semen in his mouth' he does get semen in his mouth? or he does not get semen in his mouth?
  3. 'this happened on 19th of this month and my period is due tomorrow' If your last period stated on 2nd October and you have a 28-day cycle, then contact on 19th is unlikely to cause pregnancy. However, if your ovulation was delayed by 2 days, it could be significant.
  4. 'today i have this brown blood wich came out and now stopped' Was it spotting or a flow? It could be preparation for your main period, so I would wait and see what happens tomorrow.

ya he touched the clitoris.. and sorry he does not get semen in his mouth.. day before yesterday i got few drops of brown colour blood.. and yesterday jus a drop like spot and it stopped :( i am worried :(

ya he touched the clitoris.. and sorry he does not get semen in his mouth.. day before yesterday i got few drops of brown colour blood.. and yesterday jus a drop like spot and it stopped :( i am worried :( please tell me i am really worried :(

and i am not sure whether he had semen on his hand or not because he went to change his inner because it became wet and after five minutes he came did this..

Dear Andrea

It doesn't sound to me as though you are pregnant. The only chance is if he had semen on his finger that touched you. He should have a good idea whether that was the case. Have you discussed it with him?

Now we have a possible cultural issue. You have not said which country you are from, so I am not sure what you mean by his 'inner' (different names and styles in different cultures).

You say his 'inner' was wet. I assume that was from his ejaculation. You did not explain what led to his orgasm (oral - ejaculating into your mouth and then ... ?; you masturbating him; him masturbating himself; or ?). So how did the sperm get onto his hand? If it was when changing, it could have either been wiped off in the process, or it could have got on his hand while changing.

Assuming he had got sperm on his finger that touched you, what he did to you is the point to consider. If he only just touched the clitoral head, there is very little likelihood that there would have been transfer, unless you were very wet. If he was stimulating you with some movement, then we need to think about your anatomy. Between your clitoris and your vaginal entrance is your urethra. So his finger was possibly a bit away from your vagina. If your clitoris is quite big, then he may have kept his finger just on your clit. If it is very small, he may have touched the surrounding area.

Brown blood is old blood, and spotting often happens for no untoward reason. Stress can cause it and can also delay a period.

So the risk of you being pregnant still seems extremely low. Any sperm would have to get into your vagina, and your ovulation would have to have been delayed.