Do I have social anxiety? Anxiety in general? Am I slightly neurotic? Am I just weird? Am I just human? I know I have anxiety. I worry about things all of the time that are out of my control. When I can score anti-anxiety meds, like Xanax, I'm able to mellow myself out as I deem necessary. For the most part, though, I have to live with it, and it becomes pretty debilitating during the winter months, almost turning into a sort of depression. I can pretty much skip out of it by the time spring hits, however. Everything done by others that affects me negatively on a personal level is done on purpose, even though I am aware that that can't be true. I take things literally a lot of the time (my husband is always telling me this) and I can become irritated or stressed out or "hung up" on any one particular thing very easily. I don't like interacting or socializing very much at all, though I wish I did. Like right this very instant*** my husband's nanny and aunt are visiting, and I can't bring myself to go upstairs and socialize. It isn't that I don't like them. The idea of socializing just seems to be a bit painful to me, when I know it shouldn't be like that. I've forced myself a time or two to "get with it" and be sociable, but that ends with me just feeling completely awkward and stupid, because I'll sit there and listen but will seldom put in my two cents worth. Yes, I feel comfortable when I'm alone in my bedroom, but I'm still thinking about what they* are thinking about me not socializing with them. It wouldn't be so bad if nobody ever brought it up, but I'm lovingly referred to as a hermit, which annoys the piss out of me. Am I paranoid that people care too much about what I do? To expound on my introverted-ness, I'll hang out with my husband all day long, whatever we can get into. I have a friend (15 years older than me) that I'll chat up on the phone with all day long, uh, if I feel like it. Other than that, it's mostly me, myself, and I. If it matters at all, pain pills and cocaine and even meth (I am clean of all drugs, before you start) could never really get me to talk. Spurts of it maybe. Mostly it turned inside on me, and I diddled my phone or laptop to death. Quietly. I guess I'm just wanting some feedback. Thanks for reading.

I have social anxiety and depression and ptsd and lots of other things wrong with me, so I started smoking pot to see if it would help, after extensive research of course. I found out that most of my problems disappear when I am in that state, but if I smoke to much it can cause a problem with my anxiety and make me freak out, but then I found out its the type of marijuana that triggers that. I would suggest trying some research over smoking to try and be able to socialize with others. I used to be the hermit of every group. Never talked and if my emotions got to high I'd run and puke and hide away for days on end. I strongly suggest looking into possibly smoking marijuana.

I'm a regular smoker actually, I quit a few weeks ago because I'm actually looking for a job (drug testing BOO) and even though I enjoy smoking weed my anxiety seems to run higher when I'm...well, high. It sucks that I'm one of the few affected by pot in this way (though it's never stopped me from smoking before) but because of that I know I need to be somewhere else in terms of a coping mechanism that works. I know it isn't the WEED causing my problems because I've had to quit for lengthy periods before, because of jobs that tested regularly and such. It just seems to heighten my anxiety, especially if something was bothering me prior to smoking. Matter of fact, this makes me remember when that fake stuff (potpourri) was popular and my husband and I switched to it for a while, for the sole fact that it was legal. That sh*t messed with my psych.

Oh, I see you mentioned it's the type of marijuana for you. I mean, we don't smoke ditch weed but we certainly don't spend more than what's necessary, so what we do smoke probably isn't of some super fantastic quality. So I wonder if the quality has anything to do with it. I'm balls out of luck if it is.

My mother used to smoke and she has worse case anxiety problems than me, and she has huge panic anxiety attacks whenever she smokes now, so it really is just about whether your body is able to produce the thc needed or not. It's all different with everyone. And the "legal' pot is way worse for you with all the chemicals and everything put in it. Legal or not, it shouldn't be messed with :) marijuana should be used for medical reasons, but some people can't smoke it due to their anxiety being more than the rest and having worse case anxiety. It definately isn't something EVERYONE should do. That's why I say do research first and try it with a good friend/care taker.

There's stativas, and indicas.
Some are more for the mind and some are for the body.
Some are more expensive just because of their brand name with people, and some are cheaper, but not necessarily because of the quality. Having a good trustworthy person that knows why you smoke would be good to have so they know if you need stativas or indicas.

Yes, I learned by trial and error that legal pot isn't worth it, not to mention that a high just isn't fun when you feel as though you need a seatbelt whilst sitting on a couch XD and that's pretty nifty, I guess I do need to do a bit of research. Stativas & indicas, yeah? Guess I'd probably benefit more from a body high then? Geez, think I'd actually know something after 7 years of smoking lol thanks for your help!

I'd always liked to think that marijuana would calm my anxiety, and maybe I'm just wrong about that. Maybe it isn't something I should do AT ALL. But I will research more on it, I've just never thought of researching marijuana use. Kinda seems silly of me now.

Haha, definitely shouldn't feel the need for a seatbelt on a couch :) you're welcome for the help :) also, did you know, smoking joints only gives you 5% of the thc? Bong and vaporizers are the best for the thc count :)

No I didn't know that either. It's basically been joints or glass pipes for me, I've never hit a bong or seen a vaporizer in person (it's pretty sad haha). One of these days I'm gonna use one lol

Pipes are good, I suggest knifers though.