I have a cyst on my scalp that has been there for years. I've had it checked and my doctor at the time said it was "nothing". However, over the last year or so, it has gotten larger, and I've noticed it has gotten sore a few times. Also, my hair is straight, but the hair growing from that area is kinky curly. I have had 2 other cysts come up on my scalp, too. I showed them to my friend, and didn't realize, but the hair growing from one of them is also now growing curly rather than straight. I am going to try to get my current doctor to remove them whether they are benign or not, because I don't want to have patches of curly hair cropping up all over my head. However, I'm more concerned about the fact that they are becoming sore frmo time to time. Has anyone else had an experience such as this and if so, what were the cysts? What did you do? Thanks!

I'm experiencing this right now and considering going to my doctor to have them removed too. Mine have never hurt though, but the curly hair bothers me, it just started that in the last few months.