Hello! I am 33 year-old woman and about five days ago I started feeling spasms in my lower abdomen. It wouldn’t hurt the whole day but the pain would just come and go. I would start feeling pain usually in the mornings and then again later at nights. I have been taking pain killers but that of course won’t stop the pain for reoccurring. Is there anybody who could tell me where this pain may be coming from? Thank you!

Hello! I believe that only a doctor can help you determine where your pain is coming from as stomach pain is so specific. It can be associated with so many conditions that the pain may not even occur in the abdomen. You could, for example, feel the abdominal pain from strep throat. Now, the severity of pain doesn’t always match the severity of condition. While strong pain can be related to stomach gas, cancer, for example may not even hurt. Here are some of the conditions that may have caused your pain: stomach ulcers, toxins, infection, biliary tract disease, liver disease, renal disease, bladder infections, menstruation, ovulation, female and male genitourinary disease, vascular problems, malignancy, ulcers, perforation, pancreatic disease, hernias, trauma, and metabolic diseases. As you can see, it is very hard to tell even for doctors.