Interesting what you say about pain killers. I have some prescription ones for migraines. I stay away from them unless I really need them, but I do get migraines often, and when they are really bad, not even the pain killers will help. So, I'm wondering if that's what's causing my pressure/pain recently. Do you know of natural supplements that I can take to help? I have started taking Milk Thistle. I've also heard Alpha Lipoic Acid, for liver, but that you should take that with CoQ10. I just hate taking a million things, so I just started with the Milk Thistle.

i just had my gall bladder removed a week ago, and have spent the last week in er with pain..upon fixing the issue, they found i have a second gall bladder ...one in 4000 people do, after i googled this, it reports that the second one can cause the same issue...this is found with an mri....good luck

I had recurrent "attacks" the day after my surgery and for months after. I had lots of testing done, gastric emptying, more ct's, more labs. No stones, no sphincter of oddi disfunction. However my doctor didn't know what was causing the 5am morning awakenings for these attacks. What they did do was send me to a specialist in Pittsburgh at UPMC Presby. It was a sort of phantom pain syndrome I was suffering with. I was given low dose Pamelor (old school antidepressant) in the low dose it doesn't cross your blood brain barrier and works on the nerve endings. I took this for a year and it really helped. I now only have occasional episodes. I had the surgery in 2007. Little background- I am a nurse, not overweight, the death of my gallbladder was caused by oral contraceptives which I take for my endometriosis. Hope that helps. They said that this occurs in young, white, females. I was about 27yrs old so I fit that bill.

Thank you! Have been having an "attack" for 3days and can not figure out how it's possible when I have no gallbladder. Well it started immediately after I enjoyed some avocado's. I've been convinced since my surgery that stones were left behind. Is there a way to remove them, dissolve them or pass them???

i had it removed a year ago to be honest im so scared  i bleed today as i was using the toilet 

im so escare 

I have been having all of these same symptoms and haven't been able to figure out what it is that could be causing these symptoms, other than I was on Protonix every time I got those symptoms.  Any of you on PPI's, like Protonix, Prilosec, Nexium?  This is the only solution I have been able to come up with.  Seems when I go off of it I don't get this problem.  I also have almost constant acid reflux so am now on a generic Karafate (spl) 3x/day & famotidine.

my husband had his gallbladder remove in febuary of this year, and is suffering these same symptoms. did they ever diagnose what the problem was? If so, please let me know what it was. my e-mail address is

***Post is edited by moderator *** Private e-mails not allowed***Please read our Terms of Use

and if you are still sufering, I am sorry that the doctors have not been able to help you. But if I learn any thing about this, I will sure post it.

Hello! It is entirely possible to still have problems after having your gallbladder removed! I am such a case. Having it removed really just takes out a place for the problem to sit. So, after it is removed, you can still be having the same problem with your bile. That is the actual problem. Not the gallbladder. In fact, in most cases, the surgery could have been avoided. (If I had only known.) I know these things now, because I am seeing a nutritional response therapist. He can "see" what is going on inside my body better than any doctor ever could! The problem that has to be resolved is in the bile. It's thickening, and getting slowed down in passing through your system, and when there is no place for it to fester anymore, it can create one. Like a balloon, or something. In some cases, you could form stones.

My nutritional response therapist has me taking whole food supplements to thin out the bile, and get it flowing the way it should be. Also journaling everything I eat. My doctor had told me, "Stay away from fatty foods." That's dangerous. Your body needs GOOD fats. It doesn't need processed foods, and bad carbs. That kills your body. My liver has been trying to compensate for my gallbladder, too, so it is not up to what it is supposed to be. That is causing migraines.

You see, it's about finding the SOURCES of the problems, and many times, they are related to each other. It's like peeling an onion. You find the source of the problem that is screaming the loudest first. Start treating that, naturally. When it starts healing, then another one may appear that was drowned out by the previous one.

So many times, doctors just keep trying prescription meds to quiet those symptoms. But the symptoms are screaming out for a reason! They are trying to tell you something! ;)

God Bless.

God Bless.

Have you tried papaya tablets (sold at health food stores). This enzyme should be added to your diet. Also tastes very good. Helen

Try papaya pills . They are sold at a health food store. These enzymes are help with digestion and are very very tasty. Helen

You bleed? Did you bleed before your surgery? Helen

Have you tried the enzyme Papaya. You can take the liquid or the pill (which really tastes good). It can be bought at your local health food store. Good luck and GOD BLESS!!!!! Helen

Yes! There are supplements that can be given by a licensed natural practitioner. My nutritional response therapist has me on liquid phosporus to thin out the bile that is giving me problems, and I had mine out, too. The thing is, he tests the supplements on me first, to see if they are even going to help, or will be compatible with my body. You can try getting things on your own, and purhaps they will help. If so, that's wonderful! :) But it's possible that they won't do anything, because there may be other things that are not right in your system, and that will block the remedy from working.

I had my gallbladder removed in 2004,had stones in my bile duct 2 yrs later and they removed them.Now,9 yrs later and I had a liver transplant in July 2010, I started these attacks again. It is not necessarily fatty food,I had a banana & muffin this morning and had a real bad attack,almost went to emerge,but it stopped after 1/2 hr. But I will mention the shpincter to my dr. and i will watch closely what i eat when i get them. Thanks for sharing this info! Diane