i feel the same way bro i thought i was crazy i feel like hell first day of withdrawel well make it 2 cz i cant sleep -:D 48 hours straight and no sleep and i kinda wana kill myseld too this is not funny at all im just a funny guy and my advice would be just frikkin smoke ciggarets and watch internet lol
youl get throught it boys btw iv been smokin the good sh*t 50gs per month sometimes 100 gs too
for over 3 years now im 21 and im screwed ok i do have a job but it made me fat
i have money and weed but no social life lol
f**k weed ok litterly its only for the rich guys like snoop IT FITS THEM NOT US NORMAL HUMANS trust me its f*****g expensive
thats the only reason why people quit -D

I am 23 and have been smoking weed pretty regularly for about 5 years i'd say.. It has gotten a lot more frequent over the past 3 years, I found myself just searching for where i can get weed everyday. It was screwed and having a huge toll on my mental health and my physical ability to do things i used to do. I am a drummer in a band so being on the road there is so many temptations every night, your friends in other bands spark up a joint and you think why not? it's social and i love weed right? It was getting to a point about 2-3 weeks ago where i had the house to myself because my girlfriend was away and i was in bed with a bowl and a bong just smoking one after the other.. it wasn't getting me high anymore, i was just doing it because thats what i was used to. It was a problem that had to come to an end and over the past week i haven't touched the stuff. I have given it up cold turkey, believe me i have tried many times to give it the flick but always seemed to not have enough will power to completley let it go.

My girlfriend hates it as well, even though her dad sells the stuff. It's really easy to get around where i live so it is all around me, i'm not sure what has changed inside of me but after not smoking for 5 days i feel extremely clear minded, i havent been experiencing some of the withdrawels that i have other time i've tried to quit. I have experienced the insomnia, lying in bed for what seems like hours and hours on end just tossing and turning wanting to smoke weed because my brain was telling me that it will help you sleep. I think that weed has many positives and many negatives. It has taken me a while to come to this conclusion. I used to just do with with my friends and not really think about what it was doing to me inside.

Anyway i just don't really have anyone to talk to about how im feeling inside or what effects it's taking on me mentally. I thought i would just rave on this after searching for why i'm getting head aches so often after giving up weed.

Thanks if anyone read this and i would like to hear back from some of you if you want to talk :)

Caleb

Im going threw the same thing i was smoking really heavy like 5 plus grams a day. And decided i don't want too do this anymore, big drain on the account. And now i wake up soaked from nigh sweats, feel sick every morning and dry heave, and the very thought of food make me feel sick. I feel dizzy, parts of the day, very depressed, more emotional, and have the shakes and lose of sleep. Im really hoping this goes away soon, cant take it anymore!!

Hi Brenda,

I am very interested in your reply and would like to know more. I have experienced those exact symptoms (not for myself because I dont smoke). Do you know of any scientific studies or scientific articles that further discuss this subject? I have looked online and nothing seems to hit it right on the head...except for forums and blogs.

Warm regards,

Sara

Hi everyone, has really helped me reading all these comments. Nice to know im not alone! Its been difficult recently going through this alone i feel ashamed to tell anyone about it! Become so addicted my hands shake, my legs shake and i look drained and horrible. Its definately time to pack up the herbs! Will admit i love the stuff! its beautiful, opens up my mind and i think it has changed me into a better person, more compasionate and caring than i used to be. But ive taken it to far! started to really effect my studies and my bank account. i need to sort my self out before its to late with exams coming up its time for me screw my head on. 

if anyone can offer any advice for the insomnia i would be very thankful! It comes to a point where YOU have to do something about it. The amount of times i have said oh il stop tomorrow, one more, il smoke whats left then thats it! Only YOU can make the change, be strong! 

shining star I respect you im 29 ,, ive been smoking weed for 13 years constant,, im so trying to give up ive got to, its doing my nut in ive stopped for a few days now and im determined to kick it ,, no pills im going cold turkey ,, I feel like poop and my mind is not good im crazy just like you ,, I spend 20 a day smoke an 8th a day costing me 560 a month,, im mad.. but I want other things in life ,, like my old life back with my friends I don't speak to no one im a distant person now forgotten about because of f*****g weed im a no 1 now,, I have my own business so make good money,, I have kids and a lovely woman that I want to keep,,, but am losing them slowly because im always on self destruct,, recently ive been thinking of doing myself in but I aint got the balls... I so want this over with,, I never thought weed would do this ive let it get the better of me now for to long ,, but im determined for a better life ,, keep your head up and stick those fists up to those dealers ,, x

I'm quitting for the second time after long periods of daily use and my biggest problem is the dizieness I get from doing physical work and the one thing I have found to help some is making a buzzing sound in my throat while berthing out my nose, the vibrations cause the dizieness to lessen with the right vibration, also works on stomach cramps too

I smoked for 7 years .. I recently decided to quit cold turkey and I'm completely fine no withdrawal nothing it's all in your head I sleep every night actually better than when I got high and I eat less junk sense I quit as we'll you need will power if you fall short it's all in your mind stop thinking about it go to work do house chores move on weed will always be here get your education weed makes you lazy it defiantly won't help with your schooling lol

I smoked for about 7-8 years straight, didn't take a break, not one day...even during probation I smoked even harder (don't ask me how I cheated the system). But I took a trip to South America Dec. 18th meaning Dec. 17th was my last day smoking it is now Jan. 14 its been almost a month and honestly even after a day...two...a week I didn't feel the urge to smoke AT ALL and I mean it it wasn't hard what so ever, I didn't even change my eating habits I still devoured anything and everything on my plate my wight didn't change at all and I'm still pretty f*****g smart. So my answer is I think the effects of stopping marijuana suddenly vary from person to person, I had the smoothest time stopping I thought it was going to be hell, and guess what I found a lot of weed down here, whether it was better or not I have no clue but I didn't have the urge to ask or accept it when I was given the opportunity to smoke and honestly I highly doubt I will smoke again once I get home this Sunday (Jan. 19). Do I feel like a better human who can perform better? nope not at all I did everything high, from football to basketball to having sex to eating to fishing to climbing to studying and taking tests to drinking and smoking to smoking with older folks my own dad...seriously I think it either varies from human to human or maybe its mental, maybe I knew I wasn't going to smoke during my trip and my mind made it okay. anyway hope this helps or inspires you

I'm 25 years old and have been smoking weed since I was 15! Ten years and I've only stopped one time for a month for a drug test at work and that was 7 years ago.im on my 3rd day of not smoking because I need to take a drug test for a promotion. I must say I'm having a very difficult time.i use to say I can stop whenever I want and weed isn't addicting! Ha well I was wrong. I'm so anxious and less hungry.im all of a sudden dealing with the real emotions that I've always covered up with weed. I know I have to do this and I won't give in but wow this feeling sucks :(

Hey guys I need some help/advice. Im trying to quit weed and so far so good. I'm a weird weed smoker. I might smoke it for a few weeks, quit for months up to a year and than start again for a few weeks, but this last time i have smoked it for a good 2-3 months pretty much daily other than the odd one or 2 days without. Anyways, lately I've been really moody. My dilemma is that I've been moody towards my partner and I f*****g hate it. See, her and I were just best mates for ages, partying, chilling and having sleep overs without any hint of any sort of sexual activity or relationship. Anyways so now we go out and just little things piss me off. I feel like it's always got to be about her, but I know in reality that's not true, it's just my mood. At the start of the relationship, when I was smoking weed, I was fine, but now since I'm trying to quit I get moody towards her at the slightest things and I hate it. I was worried I might have bipolar disorder, but I'm hoping it's just weed. Any help or advice would be awesome!

hello everyone my name is anthony and last year i used to smoke alot of weed all the time and when i was little i never thought that i would start up something like that cause drugs used to scare me and i never wanted to do it but as i got older weed was the only thing i thought would be ok to do so since i was 18 i smoked it off and on not nearly enough to do it alot it was like a once in a blue moon kinda thing, and till just last year thats when i started to abuse the weed by smoking it alll day everyday for about 8 months or so i know thats nothing compared to what alot of people have done but to me that was just alittle to much and it was reallly bad like i started off slow by smoking maybe once or twice a day or so the most three but then as my depression got worse it started getting to the point where it just became a slow rise from 3 to 4 and so one in one day with the smoking and over the months i delevoped the addiction to the point where i started buying it every other day and you know sharing it with friends and smoking alone and this and that but i would smoke all day everyday it was a once i woke up wake and bake then on my way to school then before class then on my breaks at school and then after school then go to a friends and smoke more i mean im sure you guys can see the pattern that it was just never ending you know? but as the year of college was ending i felt that what i was going through ended so i just let the stuff go after overly abusing it for so many months and i didnt just stick with one type of weed i did them all hybrid sativa and indica  and it wasnt hard i just got up and said i dont want it anymore...... anyways so heres the other part of the story after i quit i was ok for at least the first few days about a week ....... and then out of no where i wake up because i started feeling cold sensations in my chest and it felt like someone was pressin my chest in and couldnt breathe but i was breathing just fine i had no idea what was wrong with me at first i thought oh well im prob just sick cause about once a year i get sick sometimes not..... but that feeling was something ive never felt before.....i felt like i wanted to faint.... chills, really really tired and out of it i felt exhausted like i didnt wanna do nothing at all, and i was forced to leave work cause i couldnt deal with it........ over time the cold feeling did go away i didnt really eat much at all, i didnt really sleep good, i felt like i was going crazy or something and im so stubborn when it comes to me feeling a certain way cause im rarely ever sick so i never went and saw a docotor cause i figured things would just go back to normal and i wouldnt have to worry about it anymore...... so getting back i would feel tremor like feeling my my neck that shot up to my face like someone grabbing my neck and twisting it and sometimes get stingy feeling in my left and right chest, numbness, light  headed feel like i wanna faint and it was just really bad....... over time i went to finally see a docotor and got the stubbornness out of me to see whats going on and it was just an urgent care docotor that i was taken to cause my mom was getting really worried as well as my family and girlfriend and so on ........ i have the doctor check me out and i explained that none of this started to happen till i quit smoking weed and thats when i found out that people really do suffer from with drawals i was thinking the worst sometimes like i thouht my life was going to end and i felt like depressed and just everything and he checked my heart my llungs i mean vitals checked out ok and keep in mind i did explain myself and how i felt and everything and he told me maybe i could have a virus or something and he gave me ibprofen idk why lol but anyways he said in his opinion that i was ok i look and seem to be healthly so i figure well sh*t i guess this is soemthing that im going to have to get over myself...... so about a a few weeks after seeing the doctors the same thing was still happening and this was still after 2 months of not smoking weed at all and still with the same stuff so i went and saw him again to see what the hell it could be...... he just told me the same stuff and i was like ok everyone told me to go get a 2nd opinion and i did..... i went to an emergency and explained to them what i have been going through and how my head neck and stiffness and everything that was going on and they told me that im going through spasms caused from stress and anitexy and i was ok so i had to get off work once again just to find this out cause the feeling got so bad to the point where my neck would go completely numb and i couldnt feel it there at all ........ so idk what the hell it ws so thats why i went to the er so..... after that i felt alittle bit more rellieved about getting a different opinion ........ and about another couple weeks went by and the cold sensations went away and didnt feel those anymore........ and my everythought  about me being sick went away but i quit last year in i believe oct or nov so im not entirely sure cause i forgot but i know its been a few months or so but to this day ive went to go get a thrid opinion on what could be going onwith me i got blood work done and told them my story about what i have been going through and they tell me that since im a pretty heavy set guy im not fat im just well put together as the doctor said like im soild i guess but i do have alot of meat on me so they say that since im my size like it takes along time for thiis stuff to leave your system and she wanted to run test on me to see whats going on and i explained the pains aches numbness light headed faint feeling tired not sleeping not eating no desire to do anything but stay home so they ran the blood test and everything came back ok and wants to send me to see a neurosurgeon cause maybe i could have some pinched nerves or something but see here is the thing today it is 2014 a few months since ive quit.... and today i feel no more cold sensations, no crazy thoughts , no more tireness as much as it was, i eat alot better now and sleep , but i still have vivid dreams, and i still get neck pains and some numbness and sometimes i feel like my head just wants to blow up or something sometimes lol its not to bad though cause all this stuff comes and goes it doesnt stay with me all day so i mean im sure thats just the breaking point of everything just leaving my system and eveyrthing..... but i mean can anyone relate to these feeling, the neck spasms, the tremor like feeling, the lightheadness, the dizzy, the tired, no sleep, head feeling cloudy, flu like stuff, and pain and numb , and just all this stuff please i know my story was really really long but i figured it would make alot more sense if i just started from the beginning and worked my way to how i am today...... but if anyone could pllease help me out and just tell me everything is just going to be fine or something i mean it would really help me out alot to know that im not the only one that suffered stuff like this......... but thanks for reading i hope to get a response as sooon as possible  

Same here bro. Its been 4 months i quit weed, but im still the same.

Hi im currently going threw the same situation im literaly freaking out im feeling so nervous and anxious i feel like i cant do it man i hate thw feeling i feel like im gonna die... did u ever get threw this.??

thank you for your post! I've been experiencing extreme nausea for a week now. I've quit a couple of times for Lent and have never experienced nausea like this! I can only think its because in the last year I've exclusively smoked KB blunts. It was getting so bad my husband wanted me to go to the doctors. thank you for your post!