So I've been smoking for about fourteen years. I started after leaving SC to live in Hawaii, no coincidence right. See, a short term addiction occurs from the very first time we smoke because it felt good, it was fun, and after our first we want to do it again; trying to give ourselves stipualation like only at night or in moderation at first. Well we all know that doesn't last once we get our click of connectons and enablers. The BIGGEST problem with weed is that it would be great to get a sack and smoke from it once or week or twice, but that's delusional. If your like me everytime you pick up is the last time, so you smoke it all in that day and then start the cycle all over again the next day. I'm a very attractive man and smart too. I couldn't quit weed so I went to school stoned and finished most of bachelors degree with 3.134 but I know I would have had more apptitude off of all inhibiting chemicals. I never hit on chicks even though I wouldn't have had to put forth much effort. Marry J was litterally my girl and I loved her, but hated her. Just know that drugs have become cheaper for the synthesiser and weed is so strong now that is a class A drug. If you go 5 days, benzos help, you probably wont want it after that. Also, sometime we take one step back and two steps forward. If youre having a problem with it then understand it is one of the biggest life accomplishment any one quitting can do to. It's hard, it's physically painful, I even get flashbacks. You can do it because one week off of it is the fuel to stay off. With this said I don't think it should be illegal. I been let off the hook from traffic cops while blizzed, had a relationship where she had no idea until I told her, have been high in front of my mom and carried on intelligent conversations without her knowing, gotten a college degree on it ( not recommended). The thing is, does it keep you from your dreams, from being your full potential, irritable, communicating, and financially content and more. Just know when we come off it we will reap our consequences so quit now. The detoxification of the muscles alone is worth it.

iv only been smoking for 5 months and im 16 when ever im not high i have sever social anxiaty and i get emtreamly depressed and i go day withou sleep it suck so now my parents give me half a gram a  day cause it the bare minimum i need to funtion

There are THOUSANDS of people having physical withdrawal symptoms.

Do you think they are actually describing an illusion???

Do you think that thousands of people are magically inventing all their symptoms?

Please, if you have nothing respectful to say , then shut up

I have been researching because my son is trying to quit but its only been a few days, he has been smoking for about 5 yrs almost everyday, but researching i found out, the first 2 weeks are the worst, when trying to quit it takes up to 90 days to be totally out of your system. there is vomitting, pain, anxiety, etc. what a bummer

Hey there people,

Firstly, i wanna say that what most of you say sounds very very scary... I too have been smoking for the past 3-4 years on a daily bases. I've been living in the netherlands for a year now and the weed here is chronic. I decided to stop smkoking yesterday after i had 3 bowls in a row just to get high (and im using a 35-40CM bong) I feel even bad typing this here. Anywho, stopped 3 days ago and i couldn't feel any better. Havent eaten much the past 3 days but im confident thats gonna get back to normal too. Today i noticed tho that sudden flashes of lonilness come over me and they are very powerful (almost casting tears in my eyes) now i was wondering if that could come from weed? I normally dont feel lonley much although i spend most of my time alone (always with weed) Anyways besides that im feeling totally perfect. Very clean headed and focused, so i dont understand why you people have to talk that bad about the withdrawl. TBH if i had read this post 4 days ago i would have probably not decided to stop WEED. SO PEOPLE GIVE PEOPLE STRENGHT DONT TAKE IT FROM THEM! P.S I'm going to start smoking again in about 2-3 weeks and you all kno why? Coz weed makes me appricate life and isnt that the purpose of life? to appricate it?  LOVE WEED just dont get obssessed with it. 

Regards

Thanks for writing.

thanks for writing it helps me to know that someone else is out there trying to make it :-)

You tell people not to be obsessed with weed, but:
1. you feel powerful flashes of loneliness when you are by yourself and not stoned
2. you can't appreciate life without it
3. you love weed
4. and you only stopped 3 days ago

ask yourself if you are really the person who can give others advices. oh, and years pass by very quickly. soon you'll be 10+ years smoker and then you'll see what means to withdraw from cannabis.

Hey everybody , im here to say i had shity week and a half , i didnt know what the hell was going on.... was i losing my mind ?? was i going craZY ? AM I DEPRESSED >< STRESSED ?? HELL I DIDNT KNO
I RAN TO THE DR. I THOUGHT I WAS REALLY DEPRESSED ,, THIS WAS BOUT A YEAR AGO... I HAVE BEEN TALIKING WELLBUTRIN FOR ABOUT A 6 MONTHS RAN OUT OF MY MEDS .... STIILL SMOKING WEED THOUGH... JUST QUIT COLD TURKEY CAUSE I WAS FAILING IN MY CLASSES ... MAN THEN THATS WHEN WITHDRAWL BULL sh*t STARTED TO TAKE A TOLL ON MY BODY ... SHITY HEADACHES FOR ABOUT 4 DAYS. I WASNT ALL THERE MENTALLY , ..... I DIDNT KNOW WHAT WAS GOING ON ... IM GLAD TO SAY I WILL NEVER EVER GOD WILLING SMOKE ANOTHER ANYTHING IN MY LIFE ... CIGGS , BLACK AND MILDS , BLUNTS NOTHING. AND IM A WEED VET LIKE 8-9 YRS STRIGHT IM RETIRED NOTHING... WEED WITHDRAWLS ARE REAL PEOPLE .... OKAY BELEIVE THAT hOPE THIS HELPS ....

Hey :  ) Well , its 5 am and here i am , googling stuff like 'will my lungs ever feel any better ?' after having been woken up by nightmare of crocodile chasing me lol , yep , Im straight , 5 weeks, mostly enjoying the dreams , but not all lol.

Ive been smoking since 13 , am 45 now (woman btw ) , smoked regularly since was 22 , and been caning it for the last 4 or 5 years . started growing (just personal ) and habit went up accordingly .then quit growing and got it from an ex boyfriend who gave me great deals and I had none of the anxiety about THE CUPBOARD lol when the gas man came etc

Ive quit lots of times , sometimes for a few months , sometimes for a bit more , but always cldnt really take it  after that long , or thought I cld do it once or twice without getting addicted .

I dont drink any alcohol as I am an alcoholic too , and have a child , so been sober 8 years .

Lately though , my lungs are starting to feel really screwed. first noticed this cpla years ago but it seemed to get better when I cut down .

the last 6 monthe or so though , id get woken every night  a bit short of breath and have to cough for up to two hours to clear my lungs enough to feel I cld breathe properly .

still not enough to make me quit though , as like others who have posted here Id do it from morning til night , sometimes up in the night doing it too .

then 5 weeks ago I got a flu thing and was so out of it i didnt need to smoke , and figured good time to have a go at quittting .

Id been building the resolve almost unbeknownst to myself , with constant thougths of  ' so im going to die young and abandon my child for THIS ?? '

Have gone thru detox before with weed so expected the night sweats for 3 or 4 nights and the wanting to tell someone to go f**k themeselves just coz they got infront of me in the bus queue lol etc etc

the cough is a bit better but dissapointingly , and alarmingly , still quite bad .

enjoy being able to cry though Im a bit of an over sensitive person by nature , but keep thinking how shut down etc Ive been and how my child has had this really out of it , de sensitised mother for years .

Im a good mum , dont neglect my child , am doting and have a straight partner who cooks and does the school run , but just small things like how I use to be almost gouching during story time at night , cldnt remember the last thing i said etc , and having to go hang out the bathroom window before I did anything , cook dinner : smoke first ,play a game :smoke first etc

Im enjoying eating again , im real skinny , basicaly whatever feeling arises Id get stoned , hunger , sadness , excitement ....

Necer have fulfilled my potential in life coz Im too stoned .

ofcourse we get stoned like this coz we cant cope , but the smoking means we never get the chance to change .

the cravings are really strong at times , up to an hour of being racked with them , but coz Im use to dealing with the dring craving ive been able to ride it out .

An old friend came by today I hadnt seen in 20 years , gave me a letter Id written aged 17 . I cld see why I turned to drugs and alchol , as I was so shy , felt so bad about myself , etc , but 30 years on i really need to do somethign other than get high and sit indoors hiding .Im a singer songwriter , I need to get out there !

And not die horribly of lung thing while my child is still young .

Was on holiday cpla weeks ago , found myself scrambling up rocks etc with more physical confidance than I knew i had ( stoned im really nervy ) and even with screwed lungs getting up the hill about 3 times as fast as the last time we were there !

Just wanted to share really coz I appreciated all thes posts SO much . I hope it went well for y'all , and If youre here now thinking about it , Id say if you are an addictive person , you probably need to quit , that just one joint will always become more the next day .

Good luck to you all x

Hi guys well I'm 17 now and since I was 14 I was smoking all day every day I would wake up every morning wake and bake go to school smoke at lunch smoke after school smoke throughout the day smoke while I do my homework and smoke right before I go to sleep i make it a everyday daily routine for me when I was 14 I was smoking about 4 blunts a day when I was 15 it went to about an eigth a day and when I was 16 I was smoking around a half oz every single day blunts bongs everything I did everything normally with no probelem then I got caught by my parents with 4 ozs their really strict so I had no choice to quit and I guess being high for so long I forgot how it is to be sober and about 3 days after I started getting severe panic attacks and confusion of life and no interest of anything it's been 2 months now I've gotten a little better but I still feel the same I feel like I'm not fully in reality I do cardio every single day and lift 5 times a week will this feeling eventually go away? Also sometimes I get the craving of weed even tho I tell my self I'm not gonna smoke I don't wanna tell anybody about this I wanna deal with it myself Im not a p***y help !!

I am currently in recovery. I have given up smoking weed and I am on day 14. I gave up before for 3 months and the anxiety does not leave me except for short spells. I am a lot calmer this time because I went to my dr and told her I was anxious so she put me on 5mg Lexapro. I am sure I would still be going crazy if it wasn't for those tablets. I still wake up with anxiety but distracting myself by walking cleaning, yoga or doing something with a friend sorts that. Now I am also going to counseling, have just started getting acupuncture and have started attending NA meetings. In the moment of anxiety though I exercise or clean.I am also smoking a vaporizer which has nicotine which actually is said to calm you even though it speeds up your heart rate. I have strength 18 so I usually calm a lot smoking that too. I think you need to to continuously be doing things to calm you and that make you feel good. The anxiety after quitting anything doesn't leave you for about a year though so it's just about finding ways to survive until then. Was any of this helpful?

first off to contemplaters: the easiest way to quit, is getting yourself sick; drink that overdate milk or salmon, go stand in the cold for a few hours.

I'm currently guestimating on day 7 (can't even remember). Have done this a few times before but it never stuck (except for when I had a GF but then I started again after a year and well , you know ... shitstorm).

So where was I, ah yes. So history wise about started around 20 for 7 years daily between 5 to 10 spliffs (I guess, we all know at some point you forget how many). I grew up slightly anti-social, nerd but very confident, I didn't care about what others thought of me.

Now I hope it's final (well it has to, I don't see another way out really, my parents are still alive so I can't go that way, it wouldn't be ... idk, fair). I'm ashamed, lost all my confidence, I need alot of affirmation to function. I persisted in school, maybe I was lucky; I'm an IT bachelor (alot of us smoke, it combines well with the hobby) and electronics engineer. I feel like it helped me be creative at times (especially when I felt c**p the sunday not smoke alot, the day after I would be LEGENDARY on weed).

So yes, day 6, eh 7 carebears. I work in support and take calls for random idiots. It's not so statisfying but it pays bills. My appetite has come back but I can't eat alot, I have to take breaks to digest, I guess my stomach shrunk. I shifted weight between 75kg to 58kg within months. I barely have muscles left and I constantly think I screwed my body over, especially my teeth, I have this weird obsession about it now, constantly scraping with my tongue plaque.

I have that heart thing going, not sure whether my lungs are topped off with tar.

Right now I can't sleep and I need togo to work tomorrow to face a new batch of idiots. I felt I could've done more, I have little 'need' to do things or statisfaction. I'm familiar with the switch to coffee, mints, beer, sleep pills (like i said, it's not the first attempt). 

The thing is, previous time I would have gigantic lucid dreams the first two weeks, now I don't. It's empty, I remember the lucid dreams were the only good thing about quiting. I sweat alot in bed, I turn, difficulty to sleep. I smoked this summer some kind of hash which made me have panic attacks, it's just so shitty you only realize later you are having one. I called my friends and parents a bunch of times in panic over little sh*t, lost my keys/wallet/phone shitmetrictons of times. I walk agains't doors, walls and just move on. My fingers tremble often and I have little spasms. Working in support is multitasking/stressful and often I wish I could just kill-them-all, cancer-inducing motherfucking idiots.

Sometimes it all gets too much and I dispense my anger on my collegues, it's so f*****g shameful. I've done that alot, luckily I still have a few friends and it helps being a f*****g expert in some areas that others have to rely on you to get their job done.

I know I could've been so much more, but it feels like it's too late, somewhere I know it isn't for me as I haven't done that sh*t, but you know what I mean, I could've been great I think.

I hope it gets better, well I know it does, but it doesn't compute yet. maybe soon. 

I've only smoked marijuana for over 2 years, one thing I can say it didn't bother me whether I had weed right when I got up as long as somewhere during the day I could come home and smoke and wind down from an exciting day. I recently quit almost three weeks in, and it's exhausting. Everyone around me smokes and its very tempting day in and day out, I'm moody as can be and its ruining my relationship 100%! I'm always depressed about something anymore, I was diagnosed with anxiety and depression about four years ago and now that I've stopped smoking its gotten worse for me. Everyone around me smokes, makes me feel a little left out sometimes BC I'm not that average social person as I once was before weed and during the time I was on weed... Barely eat, but when I do I go nuts... Wish there was something I could do to stop from being so emotional all the time and angry!

Hey I just wanted to say idk if anyone reads these anymore but I've been smoking to much for to long basically. I stopped smoking 2 weeks ago and I don't feel any better, I beat the sh*t out of my roommate because he took to long in the bathroom I honestly didn't mean to I just legit can't control my anger. I cussed out my boss because she said I was moving slow ( may still have my job may have lost it) currently taking time off from work and sunrise surprise I can't do that for much longer because I spent copious amounts on marijuania. I can't concentrat at all I get on wrong busses I get lost walking in my neighborhood that I've lived in for three years (not good in Chicago) I wake up to legit miniature puddles in my bed (when I do sleep)even in the daytime it's gotten better but I still end up drenched basically what I want to know is and I want to know from someone who's been through what I've been through and can tell me when I'll stop being angry and unable to concentrate/think? I dropped out of school because I thought I was dying spent all of this money going to the hospital oh because sometimes when I go outside I'm so cold I start shaking and get so sick I feel like I'm gonna pass out. I know these symptoms may sound alarming but I've legit been tested for everything at the hospital, doctor even saw a neurologist. And it's only when I don't smoke for a day or two that I don't feel good like I had to smoke a blunt when I woke up to function one around lunch just because and one before bed otherwise I can't sleep. My heart beats like I've been running a marathon when I stand up and walk to the bathroom I get lightheaded at night time the circulation in my arms is horrid now I toss and turn at night which I understand because I used marijuania as a coping mechanism and to sleep. In all honesty I live in south shore Chicago (south side) I need to be sharp I need to be on point and I HAVE TO CONTROL MY ANGER otherwise they will target me and feeling like this they probably will catch me laccin' I feel like people are plotting on me i forget to bring my gun with me sometimes when I leave the house (have a permit) I can't stay inside all day I'm legit driving my roommates crazy and I feel horrid PLEASE HELP!!!!!