I will get a sudden hot feeling in the top of my left foot. The doctor told me it was phebitis. It's not serious but it can lead to thrombophebitis. That's when you get blood clots in your main veins. The doctor said it's always good to have it checked out to be on the safe side.

Im 34 and started feeling my big toe with a hot feeling like every 2 hrs since yesterday its a very strange feeling, Does anyone know what this means???

Wow. I'm glad that I am not the only one this has happened to! I felt a warm feeling in the arch of my right foot before I went to bed last night and then again while sitting at my desk this morning. Like everyone else, there is no pain and it stays for a few seconds and goes away. I just had a phsical less than 6 months ago and I am overweight, but not diabetic, no other known diseases.... generally a healthy person. I have been having back and neck pain over the last year or so from sleeping on a crappy waterbed. I wonder if it could be from a pinched nerve?

I've been having the same sensation in my right foot. It only gets warm on the top of my foot and then disappears. I'm 23, healthy weight, had diabetes testing done and the results were negative, I run at least 3 miles a day, I did pull my shoulder last night before this started happening so maybe I pinched a nerve in my back... Must be some sort of nerve thing... I'm glad I'm not the only one though!

Same here - I am 19, not overweight, not diabetic, not anything. I'm quite healthy but lately I have been experiencing a quick warm sensation on the bottom of my right foot. Should I be worried?

I am 51 years old and for the past several months my right foot gets really hot. It is the entire foot. I am petite, not a diabetic and i am on my feet all day. It happens several times a day. Anyone have answers.

I am 28 years old no health issues & for the past few days i've been feeling a warm sensation on top of my left foot. it starts @ about my ankle & goes to my mid foot. its been happening all day on & off all day & lasts only a few seconds. any answers ?

I feel same things, 36 yrs, no diabetics, no other positive signs, just warm feet several times a day. what's up

I have the same thing on the top of my right foot for the last week or so. I am 36 and just had a baby a month ago, I thought it might be something hormonal.

I am 31 . . . also just had a baby 2 and 1/2 months ago, and have a history of sciatic nerve issues down my left leg. Now i am experiencing what everyone is describing on the top of my left foot. What is going on??

Hi I am 14, & I feel the same way. Anyone finding anything out on this, please tell me!

Hi

Have been reading about the sudden burst of heat in either the left or right foot. About 10 days ago this started in my left foot. I have no idea why. I am 63, not a diabetic, slightly overweight and do exercise some. There is nothing visible on the foot, but the heat occurs often but lasts only seconds, then comes back a little while later. There is no pain. It is just annoying. Does anyone have any ideas to the cause of this? I have not gone to the doctor yet.

I have been experiencing the same thing, but usually on the bottom of my feet (more often the left one). The first couple of times I was standing barefoot in the house and quickly felt the floor, thinking a wire or something under the floorboards could be overheating and causing a fire! It is happening more frequently now ... several times a day. I am 54, very overweight, not diabetic as of my last physical a little over a year ago. I don't exercise and I work at a desk all day. It's sure a weird feeling! It's encouraging to know that younger people of normal weight and exercise habits are experiencing it, too! :-) I'd love to know the cause.

Seems like the is no common denominator on the physical aspects.

With that, I too am getting warm flashes on my left foot. Oddest thing, like warm water was poured on my sock but no wetness, just a warm flood, then gone...no pins & needles.

I am 42, overweight, and not really very active, I smoke menthol lights,drive a minivan, and generally my only medication is prozac in a light dosage. I do however use plenty of Splenda in my coffee because I like it sweet.

I live in Northeast Florida, and filter my water with a Brita filter, use Ivory soap and brush with Colgate. I don't wear my shoes too tight and generally wear sandals whenever possible.

I am listing all this in order to see if there is a common thread here. List what you use or habits, and thank you in advance for not posting any judgemental posts.

Best of luck to us "warm spotted foot people"

im 26, healthy & active, pot smoker, artist, meditator, drive a galant, have two boys. I AM a 'warm spotted foot person' and it has happened in my palms twice! It does not annoy me and i kind of like it. crazy no one knows what this is. I THINK that it may have something to with intuition. one side yes, one side no kind of thing. post if you think this could be true! but sometimes its so random i think maybe a spirit! im serious, im sensitive to that stuff....