Hi I am a 55yr old woman and I am over weight as well. I have been experience a burning feeling as well in my right foot and it only last for a few seconds. This does worry me as well. Do you have any answers to what it may be or could be.

I am 40 male and a Martial arts instructor. Work out 5-6 days a week. I don't drink or smoke.

In the last 2 days these has started happening to me. Left foot on the bottom of foot gets really warm for 3 secounds. Then stops comes and goes . No pain of any kind

Has anyone found anything out let me know

meralgia paresthetica?

Hope this link may be useful and as there is no reason for general health, age, weight, gender etc to be linked

***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

Brief explanation, likely the product of a trapped nerve somewhere within the foot

I've been feeling the same heat on foot too and I'm not diabetic nor overwieght. It's painless but, it gets me concerned because I don't know what. It is only lasts a few seconds, and it's always on my left foot. It happens throughout the day when u least expect it.

smae for me I do use a lot of Spenda.

I am 33, diabetic and a bit overweight, but active and losing weight and have my diabetes under control with Acto-plus and Reglan and exercise, otherwise healthy. I wish I had an answer for you, but I have been more active lately and losing weight. I also use Splenda, as someone mentioned. It's in my right foot though, no pain, no tingling but exactly like what everyone has described, like putting my foot in front of a space heater. It is the strangest feeling and has been happening for 2 days now. Any other ideas?

Anyone ever think this is of spiritual nature?

hi i have been goin thru the same thing with this heat on my left foot. its been driving me crazy.iwould like to know what it is.

im 24 am overweight and have also had this heat sensation lately on the top/side of
my left foot. Im wondering what causes this. The only meds I'm on are birth control pills.

im 37 male im feel the wormth or heat on my left leg, ancle, and foot. comes in and out but dont feel uncomfortness. i dont feel sick or anything but wierd feeling. are you guys drinking wine every day? lol i am but i dont think it has to do with it. if i missed spelled anything here its cus im drunk. lol. no doctor is replying to this thread. maybe new type of problems?

wow! this is interesting to read and know that so many others are also experiencing the exact same symptoms as i am.

I started having the heat in left foot sensation for past 3 days now and wanted to check online what it might be and i get to read about all your stories.

Will continue to search for an answer and if i find anything also i will keep you posted.

Good to know im not alone.

aged 39, healthy and fit.

33, Male, not overweight. I do take Xanax xr daily (1mg) for anxiety attacks I have had for the past 12 years. Otherwise very healthy. I smoke 1/2 a pack a day, drink beer on occasion, and drink a lot of sweet tea. My left big toe gets hot out of nowhere and goes away in seconds. It happens a few times a day, and doesn't matter if my shoes are on or off. It is comforting to know that this is somewhat common.   

32 year old male in good physical condition, exercise regularly (mainly swimming), no history of illness and I get hot spells in the sole of the left hand side of the ball of my left foot. It has been going on for a while now, starting to think I should stop ignoring it.

yesterday started feeling heat on the top of my left foot while driving on a 2 hour drive...it would happen maybe every 20 minutes and last only a few seconds....a "patch" on the top of my foot just above where the toes start. Flushes warm and then returns to normal.  Today it is still doing it this morning, and my foot does not feel any warmer to the touch than the other, only has a warm sensation. No idea....my socks are a little tight yesterday and today...and have been spending a lot of time at a desk (at work) and driving so maybe it's the sitting.  33 years old, 109lbs, ok health.