I too like so many others am so glad I found this site. I have been going OUT of my mind. The nicotine withdrawls I had when I quit 4 months ago, were the LEAST of the problems with quitting smoking. I smoked for 16 years a pack a day. I'm 32 now.

I too like sooooo many people here, had the intermittent lump in the throat, buring sensation in my lungs (after I quit not before) waking in the middle of the night, fatigue, shortness of breath sometimes, anxiety, depression and lack of ambition and energy. I had a post nasal drip at one point and in the beginning of my quit I experience pains in my lower abdomen and a general overall feeling of discomfort in my digestive system, gas too. Lovely. That is mostly gone thankfully.

I never did develop the hacking cough. I did cough, don't get me wrong, but no huge gobs of tar or anything ever came up. I am not getting the lump in my throat much anymore (only sometimes) but I have discomfort in my lungs. It is an aching dull discomfort, it almost feels like my lungs are tight.

So of course I go and do a google search on "aching lungs" and the first result is information on... Lung Cancer. Which totally freaked me out. But I'm 32, so the likelihood is low, but none the less the ongoing chest discomfort I've had since quitting is really uncomfortable and bothersome. It even caused me to just break down and cry/sob. I was happier when I smoked, now I'm a wreck. I hope I can get to a point where I feel normal again. I don't regret quitting, because I know it was right and best. My quit also led to my Mother quitting, so I'm glad for that.

Anyhow, I'm miserable with the lung discomfort. Anyone else end up with chest discomfort 4 months into their quit? I'm not coughing up anything, just feel tight and achy.

Lastly, I hate cigarettes and I dislike smokers. I can smell their cigarettes from a mile away now, and I just cringe. It's really gross, I just can't believe I smelled like that! ABsolutely horrendous. I never used to believe we smelled that bad, but now I believe it.

I went for a check-up with my doctor this morning. She listened to my breathing, checked all my vitals and said she didn't believe I had cancer. She has diagnosed many of her patients with lung cancer, so she is not a stranger to diagnosing it. I feel better now. For the last month I've been in so much mental and emotional trauma wondering if I was ok. Regardless of what anyone else says they have gone through, if you don't feel right, see your doctor. There is really no substitute for making an appointment and knowing for sure. You'll feel better once you do. Take care.

I feel you,im going thru the same thing,