So there is all this hype about herbalife and i am a little skeptical. First off just wanted to see if the shakes are bad? I'm getting mixed answers about this? I won't be able to drink the shakes if they are as disgusting as i am reading about. Secondly wanted to know if people think this product actually works for them and how it works? If you are using Herbalife are you working out along with doing the shakes? Also, about how long does it take to start seeing the results?

Any advice would help a lot. Thanks!

The shakes are not as bad as people make them seem.  You can add fruit and ice to them and they will have the consistency of a smoothie.  I am a distributor and a consumer as well.  

In three weeks I have lost 10 pounds, which is a safe number.  I also exercise approximately 4 times a week.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

I have been doing Herbalife for over 3yrs now & I also sell the products. The shakes does not taste like other healthy shakes. we have cookies and cream which is so yummy and strawberries , as well as the protein. Second: the products do work and it depends how you take the shake. You can take it twice a day or once a day. Either way you will start seeing results as soon as a week. I used to weight 150 now i weigh 132, and no you dont have to be working out while your taking the shake. But it can also help you lose weight quicker. If you have any questions ,

***post is edited by moderator *** private phone numbers not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

and I'll be glad to help you out with any questions you have.

Results are immediate! I have to say that I've tried many diets and Herbalife is the only one that has worked for my, my family and my friends! 

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

You can make harbalife with following:

2 scoops Wildberry Shake Herbalife Mix

8 oz V8 Splash Wildberry Juice

1 cup Frozen Mixed Berries

4-6 ice cubes

hype is right, so just limit your caloric intake and as they say, the more you eat and the less you do (activity) the bigger you will get so eat less and do more and you won't have to consider using herbalife--a liquid diet does not help but actually lets you down because our body needs real food so eat good foods and limit the fast food and sweets so you can get the look you want.

I'm not a distributor, nor a consumer, nor connected to the weight loss industry in any way, shape or form. (but I have read a lot, dieted successfully and am healthy) ....

IF you have a good, healthy metabolism, diets with shakes and supplements can be helpful short-term. They do provide structure and a program that many people find helpful when losing weight. You are in this category if your weight gain is a result of over-eating and not excersizing enough - and that is also your current state.

Metabolism is not a mathematical thing (calories in vs calories out). It is a biochemical reaction. If this is where your problem is - the best way to deal with your weight, is to fix the problem.

Your metabolism speeds up from 2 seperate place:

1. Fat to muscle ratio: the more muscle you have on your body, the more energy your body requires, the faster your metabolism works. So excersizing to increase and strengthen your muscles is a good first step.

2. Metabolism is FED by healthy, whole foods. Fruits, vegetables, healthy lean proteins and healthy fats, healthy seeds and nuts and small amounts of whole grains.

If you combine the above 2 into a program, you have a certainty of losing weight - as opposed to a "chance this might work for me".

STill - when overweight - losing an initial amount quickly can be more important to motivation than starting on the right foot. So do what you need to do - and switch to a healthier program as soon as you feel ready to.

Good luck. Hope people see a lot less of you soon.