I have my right ovary remove in September, 2010, my two first period was OK but get irregular after that. Now reading that other persons having the same problem am not worrying that much. You can have sex four to six weeks after surgery.

Had my right ovary removed, bled day after surgery and lasted a few days.... then got my normal period but now irregular, but now afer reading the above i feel abit better - but will keep monitoring it....

I had my left ovary removed now going to be three weeks. The cyst was the size of a grapefruit...very uncomfortable.  My period started two days early and is a bit heavy on the third day. My period normally last a close to a full week. I feel good. There is a smell with my period but I guess it is my body healing itself. I DID JUST LOSE A ORGAN.

Both my GYN and PCP tell me it will take 3 to 4 months for my body to heal so, irregular periods will happen. They both advise me to check on the flow and length. But as long and as long as it is once a month, I should be OK.  I too will keep monitoring.

I had my right ovary, cyst, and fallopian tube removed 2 months ago. I've always had way irregular periods (to the point of not having it for years) but for the last 2 yrs I've had to wear a pad constantly because I never know when it will start..eg...it will start in the morning and last all day but then at the end of the day gone til 2 days later and it will show up sometime during the day and could last 4-5 days then off for a week then back on. I went to the dr in June '11 because I was having dizzy spells while sitting down and they found the cyst..was supposed to have laparoscopy surgery but woke up to open surgery and spending 3 days in the hospital. I had the surgery Nov 5, 11...had my first period (very heavy and for 10 days) Dec 5..but then it didn't come back til Jan 13 and it was hardly anything just enough that I had to wear a pad and it lasted almost 3 wks. I'm waiting til next month to see what happens before I call the dr...I really don't want the problem to start over again

i aloso got my cyste romved a i hve not goting my periouds my Gynaecologist said it is nomal and when periouds come back it will be heavy so there is nothing rong

SAME GET IT AFTER TSIX MOUNTHS

i think its now safe for you to have sex cause i did about the same time and it was normal

my doctor said at least 3 to 4 months. :)

had my left ovary removed too..my doctor said it should be 3 to 4 months before having sex again.

I had 3 large fibroids and a large cyst removed from my right ovary 5 weeks ago. I also had my left ovary removed when I was 19. I was able to get pregnant after that. I have no idea what is happening with my menstrual cycle. I was due to get my period a week after surgery but as I was bleeding anyway from surgery, I have no idea whether or not that was a period. I now should be due for a period but my pms has been going on for nearly two weeks now. Glad to know it's normal to be abnormal after surgery.

As to sex, it is very definitely 6 weeks after surgery and not before. It was my doctor's advice and I've been reading about women who have failed to observe the rule and ended up with infection and torn sutures as a result.

hi, i also had my cyst removed on 24/10/2013. I was about 2 months pregnant but the pregnancy failed. So doctors did the d & c at the same time. Its been a month now after surgery and i still don't have my period. I am a bit worry about this because i'm planning to try to concieve again next year. I went for a further follow up after surgery, and they found out that there's another cyst growing. I really don't want to go for another surgery. Is there any other alternatives for me to cure the cyst?

Nonsense! I had mine removed and my nurse said "when it is not uncomfortable for you" - i.e. about 2 weeks!!!!

I had a large cyst removed about 5 weeks ago. I noticed my body odor changed after having the surgery. My odor changed for the better. I know it changed because of the cyst being removed.

My doctor told me I could have sex after two weeks.

I just had a lap done last month to remove endo. I was 3 days late for my period and it's is so heavy and I had too many clots it's so different from my usual period.I am 7 days intomy period today. I went back to my gynae and he gave me Duphaston to stop the bleeding it has been 24 hrs since i took the pills and my period is still really heavy and I am so worried because I want to coneive