I have been with my guy for 7 years, we are meant to be getting married next year. We had a fight about him smoking at his brother's wedding and he accidently hit me in the face with his belt in our hotel room but when I cried he pushed me off the bed and started to kick me. We then spent the night in the hotel room, me in shock, him trying to find a way to blame me - it was like emotional abuse. I was so scared but we said we'd try as we love each other. It's been 3 months now and I still think about it everyday, my hip still hurts from where he kicked it. I just don't know what to do, my parents have spent so much money and I still love him - I just feel so sad.

Hi Me,

It's ultimatum time.  Anger therapy or you're gone, period.

Don't worry about the money your parents have spent or any wedding plans, he pushed you off a bed and kicked you.  Never mind the belt "accident."

Why would you put up with this.  You can find a man, not this "guy", that won't do this to you, ever.  You are better than this.  Don't knock yourself down.  Don't even think twice about the 7 years.  You should have gone to the police then.

What if you have children and he did the same?  Why wouldn't he?  

If he won't go, leave.  Don't even look back.  Days or even years from now you may be looking at another kick, or worse.

Good luck.

Not good, no man should abuse a female, I had to ease out of my relationship because I was very much afraid of him, I prayed for this escape night and day thankfully, I did get away and I say never again!!

once you show an officer your back they will help you get out and he will be in jail so you can pack your things-an officer will even stay with you while you geet your thngs in case famil/friends of his come over starting trouble with you.AS FOR HIM HONEY HE IS NOW A GROWN MONSTER WHO BEATS WOMEN.DONT BE THAT WOMAN SISTER.much much love-dalphy

This is someone you should not mary.

My mom was in a similar situation, but she married my dad anyways. My siblings and I had to endure a decade of physical abuse for that mistake. I was 10 or 11 when he finally stopped hitting us. My brothers refuse to talk about this abuse and I think it caused a lot of my insicurity and a lot of our (me and my siblings) anger and violence issues. My mom finally decided to get a divorce when I was 14.

No matter how much money your parents paid, its not worth the harm he could cause to you and your future children, I'm sure your parents will understand if you explain.