On my 4th day just started having really bAd acid reflux what can I do to relive this. I haven't been eating much, mash potatoes and Some soup maybe one meal a day.

How does it work?

Slippery elm contains chemicals that can help soothe sore throats. It can also cause mucous secretion which might be helpful for stomach and intestinal problems

I'm 41, a cancer patient (survivor!) and I have had awful headaches since my cancer treatment began. My oncologist set me up recently with an ENT who took me seriously. The reasons for my headaches were as simple as a severe case of sinusitis. And my tonsils were huge, and to make matters worse my septum was extremely deviated. It is Monday night and I had my 4 hr surgery on Thursday. I did everything I was supposed to do. Ok, not everything, but I tried. The procedure went well and was out patient, I had to drive myself to the hospital because my family doesn't know how to be reliable. They picked me up though (only because they needed my car!). Luckily for me the instructions were printed out and so I have them in my hands. My doctor (amazing ENT in the Portland, Oregon area let me know if you're looking, she's fantastic!) made sure to put me on prednisone (which I HATE!) and an good antibiotic, liquid Oxycodone, and hydromorphone for pain. I don't recall anything about severe heartburn, but she also gave me a scrip for the nausea. Not to mention ice packs for my home, and yuck sacks because you never know. Tonight after I tucked my teens into bed and I had just fallen asleep the heartburn woke me up. I ran to the store, sweating because of the pain, and grabbed some Tums. The relief was instant. I'm probably going to overdo it because I am a dumb jerk (and a stewardess!) and I can't sit still. I will try harder to play by the rules tomorrow. My follow up is Thursday, and I'm hoping that my clear bill of health stays on the up and up. I too was of the generation that tonsils didn't need to come out. And 2 years ago my little girl nearly died after having hers out because the hack nicked a major blood vein and 10 days later she bled too much. I wasn't able to sue the hospital or the doctor for this horrible incident, and I was stuck with a mister bill because they didn't do their job! She's still anemic from the blood loss, and I'm still a wreck. I was so keen to have this major surgery, but I'm very confident in the loving hands of my medical team. I might actually sleep tonight with minimal pain, and heartburn has vanished. Jello is my friend, and today I ate Taco Bell (I was craving it big time!). The bean burrito loaded in hit sauce tasted awful, and I knew it was me not them. I might try again next week. Food tastes awful now, and I'm happy about the weight loss, down 12lbs already! If you need to do this procedure, make sure you feel completely confident in your medical team. Also check out their certification with the medical board. Any blemishes will come up, especially if they are new to your area. Due diligence is a must in today's world.
Peace and love my brave friends!
Jenny

do u got tonsil stones again , n how does your throat look like ... i mean i have heard that after surgery throat looks white n ugly .....

I just got mine out yesterday the pain yesterday was pretty much not there I stayed on my pills so I am feeling pretty good I'm on day two and as long as I take my meds and eat cold things here and there I'm able to eat Mac and cheese soup with noodles and chicken and walk around and do things so far I'm having a great experience

Thank you for this!

I have the sme problem drinking water, although I'm no day 3, I'm also finding that food gets stuck at the back of my throat.. I'm worried that the will always the case.. The mucus I eventually dislodge has old blood clots in ( which is good I guess )

Thanks for the great info!

Hi my names max and I'm almost 13 years old and i had 7 days ago and i wanted to ask when does it get better and another question is when can i talk and another xD when do i stop spitting a lot

I'm 16 and I had my tonsillectomy 8 days ago. I had my tonsillectomy because I get chronic sore throats along with tonsil stones. The first 3 days were definitely the worst. Pain all day and night. Swapping spit is almost harder than swallowing water. I had light bleeding 3 times before last night. Last night I starting spitting out pure blood. I coughed up at least a coke bottle full of blood. When I went back to the doctor called for an emergency surgery to re cauterize my throat. That set me back a lot! I think the worst part is at night, you can't sleep and when you do fall asleep you have to wake up again to take your medication. the first three days every time I went to sleep, or even dozed off my mouth would open and dry out like crazy! This is definitely a very hard experience.

Has it cleared your breath though?

It’s a but late but some helpful tips I’ve been doing (I’m on day 3 post op) is drinking lots and lots of ice water, not eating is probably a bad idea but a lot of people recommend it if I were you I’d buy puddings, popsicles, smooth icecream, eggs(don’t add seasonings), jellos, and for drinks apple juice ya a life saver but you should stick to ice water in all honesty. After the surgery you should try to get an ice pack that can bend to your neck shape it will help with sleeping and lower inflimatiom which there is a lot of. Hope this helped you or someone else oh btw I am 17 years old

Do you have any problems with liquids getting into your nasal passage or your ear?
I got mine removed by coblation 4 days back and am suffering as of now, hoping for things to get resolved in some time.