Oh man can I relate. I am currently taking 150 mg of methadone and I came down from 190 mgs because i thought the same that maybe if I were on less than I could lose the weight easier. My so-called addictions doctor is ALWAYS trying to increase my dosage and I have to argue with him that of course it has affected my weight. I have about 6 other friends who started the methadone around the same time and guess what, they are all 40-50lbs heavier than the first day they came into the methadone clinic. My friends used to all be skinny and some of them even had trouble gaining weight in the past. At one point, I was almost starving myself and that lasted about a month with little change. In the past, if i cut down my eating like that i lost weight quit quickly and now it don't shift an inch. I too never had breasts befor and now fill an ugly bra. I also hate the clothes available. You would think that since weight gain is such and issue in our society that there should be some sort of pill to help or some other answers because the diet/exercise changes haven't produced a good result for me either. I think that you might be right and the only way to really lose the weight is to get off the methadone but I am afraid to do that also. The only people that seemed to remain thin on the methadone seem to be homeless or still smoking crack on the methadone.

god I know exactly how you feel... Ive never weighed more than 120 except when i was pregnant with my son...up until I started taking methadone...now I'm almost 180 and its been a couple years.. I'm 26 now and I've spent the past few years since I've gained weight sitting at my house alone...I am scared I'm going to hit my 30s and will have completely wasted my 20s sitting around being depressed about being such a fatty..My doctor has me on adderall too but it doesn't seem to be doing anything except keeping me from progressing past the 180 mark..He told me if i started exercising and getting out and doing sh*t than it should help the weight come off but i just don't know if i should even get my hopes up. I have all my old clothes too..all my size 2 and 3 and 5s and all my cute clothes i cant wear anymore..I refuse to give them up because I'm scared if I do then that will be the last straw and ill really give up ever getting back down to a decent weight.. I also can't stand that no matter where I look I cant find anything that looks cute or good on me at all..Shopping almost always ends up with me feeling even worse than I did before I started..I hate my disgusting double chin too lol.. It's so embarrassing i always try to hold my head super dramatically high so that it wont look so bad but I'm sure I just look like a weirdo doing that.. I never realized how beautiful I was until it was gone. I always thought I was chubby or had some stupid little flaw that Id obsess on..Now I look back and cant believe I was such an id**t..

I have decided to get off the methadone. It has been 2 years but I can't take it anymore. There are a few reasons that I am getting off of it because I get so tired on it that I have no energy or drive like I used too. It feels like the methadone has taken away my personal ambititions because I am too tired to function like a normal person. I had even gone down on my dose but it still effected me in too many negative ways. The methadone was so hard on my body that I realized that this is no life. In the begining, my doctor pushed me up so high and I let him because my addict thinking was that more is better but not with the methadone. It was like I was waiting for some high that never really materialized, no matter how much I went on so I was experiencing such bad side-effects that I had to come back down. In my opinion it's a shitty drug and I really don't feel that it is meant to be used for the long term. I think it would have been more useful if I had just used to slowly withdrawl so I didn't get sick but not for the next 2 yrs. I am excited to get off this sh*t. I am fed up and not going to live like this because it's no life. I am so miserable that I have to do something different. thanks for all your responses because it is a motivator to get well.

where do you buy HCG? AND HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?

hi i was reading your post regarding methadone and weight gain, I know you posted this years ago, but I figured i would give it a try and see if you had any information on HCG. I am very interested. I have gained alot of weight in the last year and i am miserable. I have always been thin, but now I have gained about 60 or 70 pounds, i dont even know how much i really gained since i refuse to get on a scale. any info on HCG would be really appreciated. Thank you

Please tell me what it is that you did,I have tried everything and although im clean i have been put in a serious deppression do to my weight gain from methadone.

Please tell me how you can lose weight while on methadone.Although im clean Im now in a serious depression due to my weight gain and need to know how i can lose some of the weight to feel comfortable in my own skin.PLEASE help

whatis the name of this??? please some one!!!! she didn't name theproduct she used!! Help!!

exactly what is hgc and how is it taken

hi Mymichelle

i know you wrote this post like 3 yrs ago, i really really hope you get this. I am so interested in doing hcg i ordered it, i am praying it comes, as i ordered the injections from a out of the country pharmacy. i would love to discuss. please let me know how you did.
thanks
Tracy

ITS CALLED HCG

Hi,first off im a guy..Go figure.I think im the only one.Sooo here we go.Not to brag but..I've been athletic all my life weighing around 180.Im 210lbs now cause of Madone..Its sh*t!!Saboxone here we come.Im down to 25mills a day and guess what NO weight loss.Ive been on Madone for 7mths.I think im clogged with sh*t upto my forehead about 20lbs of it cause i cant go to the washroom on it..Thats why we gain weight only way to get back to normal is workout big time come down 5mills a week tell 20 go on saboxone for 3 weeks and be clean..What a joke mathadone stops me from wanting to use PLEASE.Wanna lookj and feel like sh*t go on mathadone..Im fricken angry about this..Its a weight gain ball and chain and guess what yo our doctors thank us daily $$$$$$$$$$$$.I wish you all the best get off the sh*t and get to the gym...God bless thats the way im afraid to say..Good luck the Methadone hater Rob..

I would love to talk to you mymichelle I am also on methadone and just met woman on hcg and she swears by it I am wanting to try it where did you get hcg was ok take methadone etc.. Message me here I will check often see heard from you
strictlybusin50 at hot mail

Does hcg work and where do I get it ??? I'm frustrated w methadone weight gain!!

Hey guys, I wanna let you all know that I also came across this post as I was searching for others who have also experienced weight gain while on methadone. When I saw the post about hcg working for her, I immediately did some research and have decided to give it a shot! Here's to all who have questions about it:

What is HCG?

It's actually the hormone women's bodies naturally produce while pregnant. Typically it is used to help with infertility. Although the fda recently stated that there is no definitive research that proves hcg works for weight loss, i have stumbled upon countless people over the internet who swear by the stuff. It has been around since the 50's. Dr. Simeons found that hcg (at that time in injection form) combined with a strict 500 calorie diet, would help patients lose about 1-3lbs a day of fat. This is the bad kind of fat and the kicker is that usually with such low calorie diets, your body starts to burn muscle as well, but with hcg not only are you dropping weight fast, but you are not burning any of your muscle so it also gives you that nice looking healthy shape and helps you look toned as well. The 500 calorie diet ALONE is very dangerous and not only should it not be done without hcg, but it is impossible to stick to without it. Hcg is supposed to make you not get hunger pains and helps you feel full at the right doses.

HCG and the FDA

HCG is controversial because although it has been around for years, it recently has sparked much interest again and the FDA decided to make statements regarding the product being used for weight loss. Basically it cannot be sold in stores because of the fact that the fda says there has not been enough research on it for weight loss. What you see at Walmart is NOT real hcg, and I highly recommend you don't try it with the diet as it can be dangerous. Real hcg injections or drops can be given to you by your dr through scripts and also the injections or drops can be purchased online. However, you have to be VERY careful as there are many online products that claim to have hcg but do not. Most of them are called homeopathic hcg. Basically that means the actual hormone has been watered down so many times that it makes the actual hcg amount in the product zero. They claim that it still works because the mixture still has the "memory" of hcg. Some people do claim to have success with these homeopathic hcg products. Personally I haven't tried them but figured, hey, if I'm gunna try this out and spend the money, I want the real stuff. I don't have health insurance right now so I chose to go the online route.

I'm absolutely not a company person or whatever, just came across this post like you guys and did my research. What I personally found was this: How can you tell the hcg drops you purchase actually has hcg in it? It's simple. Place the drops on a pregnancy test and if it says positive, you know it actually contains real hcg. The real hcg drops are expensive, I was a bit taken back by the price. I know the injections usually cost about $400 for a month supply from your dr. The drops I purchased last for about a month and it cost me $120. Yes, it stinks, I know I'm taking a risk here...to me it will be worth it though if I actually see the 1-3lb a day loss that I see others speak of. 

Where did I get my real hcg drops?

After researching the many hcg products or products that claim to be the real thing online, I came across "hcg body shapers". I liked them because they send you your drops with a pregnancy test so you can see for yourself that it is in fact real hcg. They also say you can get your own test if you feel more comfortable doing that. Unfortunately, unlike some of the other products, they do not offer a money back guarantee. I thought that kind of makes sense if you think about it though. I mean why not ask for your money back after a month of losing weight and just say it didn't work for you? Basically you get to lose the weight for free..Also I have heard (although I can't say I know this to be true), that some other products who offer the money back guarantee, they have a lot of fine print and you don't actually get your money back anyways. Who knows..Do the research yourself, see what you come up with. I personally decided not to go by any of the testimonials on their websites because how do I know they're real people? So I checked their products facebook pages. I didn't like the fact that hcg body shapers facebook page had not nearly as many "likes" as others, but I did like the results in the before and after pictures posted by other users of the products. 

It's not just a matter of taking drops or injections

You will not lose the weight by just using the product. A lot of hcg skeptics like to say: "of course these people are losing the weight, they are starving themselves with the 500 calorie diet!" Well, yes, anyone on a 500 calorie diet will lose weight. But will it be dangerous without an aide? Absolutely. The hcg not only makes you not hungry but helps you lose the weight in a healthy way. The thing is, you are not allowed to exercise during certain "phases' of this diet and you must follow the diet protocol. I know with me being on methadone, my biggest challenge is I get intense cravings of sweets...especially at or even in the middle of night! I really hope the hcg with help with this, only time will tell :)

My hcg expereince

Well, I won't lie, so far I have no personal experience as I haven't started yet. I will start when my drops come in the mail, beginning on next week. If you'd like, I can try and come back here to report my progress. I have seen many men on all the hcg product facebook pages that successfully lose weight on this as well so it's not just for women and those rumors that men will grow boobs (lol, there really are rumors about this) are obviously false from what I've seen. Don't decided anything from anything I've said here. I'm not an expert, I'm not your dr and I don't even have my own personal experience with the stuff yet. Decide for yourself by doing your own research. I just decided to come back here and give what information I've found because like you all, I had many questions after seeing that post and just hope I can help someone out with the questions they have. If you decide to go for it, good luck if not, good luck anyways! Methadone sucks (at least for me it does). I used to be on 110 and have been going down slowly and am now down to 45, in a couple days I'll ask my counselor to bring me down another 5mlgs. I so want off this stuff!