What can help me? I have ALWAYS been thin and now I'm at 215 pounds. I am so depressed and it's awful. I tried getting my adderall back but dr won't allow that cause of methadone. I don't know what to do, I need help cause I'm losing my mind. Anything will help thank you

That is really amazing, are you still taking it ?
I would like to talk more about it, not sure if you are still around or getting this.
I would like to know more !

Thanks
Tim

what brand or type are you using? injection or under the tounge? does it matter with the under 5oo calories a day?

mymichelle37 are you on methadone while doing the hcg???? Please I need help I'm soo depressed I'm on 150mg and I'm happy to be clean as I've been on subs tried rehab been to jail ND finally methadone helped but I've gained 60+lbs ND I'm going crazy tried so many things with no avail please help! Anyone that can help please do

thanks for ur time

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

I am taking low dose methadone for about 5 months now for chronic pain. Only 25mg 2x day. I feel bloated - probably water retention and also gaining weight. I'm only 4'11" and probably weight 125. I was 113 when I started taking it. I'm also extremely constipated and nothing helps. Muralax, colon cleansing regimen, prunes 2x a day, lots of water and green tea and still constipated. I'm terribly miserable. I read here that someone is taking hcg for weight loss while on methadone but did not say what it is, or where to buy it or if it's liquid or pill form. Can someone help me answer these questions on hcg?

thanks

I hope to god you still read this I am so depressed because of this methadone weight that I don't even wanna leave my house is the hcg your talking about store bought or the injections and is the diet crazy please help and thank you for your time!!! I hope to hear from you I want my life back but I want to stay clean!

Hello I am having this same problem with my weight and I'm going insane I can't stand myself I've gained so much weight! If you could let me know how well this has worked as it has seemed to be a year ago. Or if anyone else can help with this topic please let me know I need to lose weight and cannot get off methadone but I shouldn't have to choose to be clean and hate myself or using and battling my addiction everyday and happy with my weight :'( hope to hear from someone! Thanks for your time- randirose

Hi! Idk if u will get this or see this but read yur post. Wanted info on hcg and your experience??

I'm in the same boat, almost exactly...love fashion, used to be tiny too. It sucks!

Yes!!! Please tell me more about your experience with hcg + methadone... never heard of it before and also have tried Everything!

I have been on meth for chronic nerve pain and have gained a lot of weight. I'm desperate to lose it? Please tell how you did it!

Please tell me your secret!!!

hey what it is how do I get it? thanks

Like so many others I have had enormous problems with weight gain while on methadone - I have been taking it on an off since 1992 - with maybe six years total of no methadone use during that time. A few years back I returned to my home town after several years working overseas and very soon relapsed and fell into the stupidity of full-blown heroin addiction. As I was working full-time in a high pressure time-sensitive role I started replacement therapy instead of detox and went back in methadone. The initial weight gain was about10-15 kilos during the first year, but the by second year I experienced extremely sudden and massive weight gain of another 40 kilos, meaning that since resuming methadone this time my weight rose from 82kg to almost 130kg, an increase of more than 50%. Although my prescriber was knowledgeable about addiction per se he wasn't all that knowledgeable about the harmful impact of methadone on the body. As my weight increased I found myself sweating profusely, always thirsty, suffering daily blinding headaches, mood swings, memory loss and in the grip of steadily worsening depression. As a teenager I had per rats and I recall how one time I had male rat neutered and he immediately began putting on a massive amount of weight. This seemed to be similar to what I was going through so I asked to have my hormone levels checked. As I suspected, the results came back indicating extremely low testosterone and high SHBG (sex hormone binding globulin) which is released by the body to try to secure all available free testosterone. A high SHBG means that the body is deficient in testosterone and trying to find more. I was then referred to an endocrinologist at a leading hospital and research institute. At the very first consultation I was told to reduce or, ideally, discontinue methadone altogether because long-acting opiates suppress the entire endocrine system in what is known as OPIATE INDUCED ENDOCRINOPATHY. After a long series of tests, bloodworks and scans which ruled out all other causes, it seems that the methadone is having a detrimental impact in my pituitary and this suppression is preventing the pituitary from signalling to the gonads with adequate hormone levels, resulting in inadequate production of testosterone. Go ahead and check out the symptoms of low testosterone and compare them to what most methadone patients experience: profuse sweating, flushing, headaches, etc. Since there is no alternative, I have had to start testosterone replacement, which has had a very positive impact on my quality of life, and is already helping me lose weight. In the first month I've lost 16 kilos. On a controlled fasting very low calorie diet. Don't believe anyone who tells you methadone doesn't cause weight gain. It does. It causes weight gain by suppressing hormone production in the endocrine system.

Go to your doctor and get your hormone levels checked. What very few doctors seem to know is that methadone causes weight gain by suppressing the endocrine system. In my case I experienced massive weight gain of more than 50%. I found the culprit to be low testosterone - caused by methadone. The methadone suppresses the function of the pituitary gland, which is responsible for telling the gonads how much sex hormone to produce. I am now on testosterone replacement therapy, feeling better and actually losing weight. Testosterone is essential in both men and women for production of lean muscle tissue instead of fat and men with low testosterone rapidly put on weight, lose bone density, start sweating and experience a range of additional unpleasant symptoms. Ask your doctor for a referral to an endocrinologist, reduce your methadone as much as you can tolerate and if you're committed to recovery you might consider detoxing altogether off methadone and taking Naltrexone instead (an opiate "antagonist", which blocks opiate receptors so that even if you take heroin or other opiates they have no effect at all, plus it should have no impact on endocrine function) or, once you're on 30mg of methadone, you can switch over to Buprenorphine which is a partial opiate "antagonist" so it should have a less harmful impact on the endocrine system and will also mean that if you use heroin you won't feel a thing. Bupe is also much easier to come off than methadone. I bet you'll find that your weight gain, like mine, is caused by OPIATE INDUCED ENDOCRINOPATHY.