hi i've been on methadone since 2010 so here is my story before my addiction I weighed 100-115lbs then I was on percocet 6x daily for pain for about 5 consecutive years i gained some weight i was a healthy 125lbs but doctor cut me off cold turkey so i started buying percocets and then they stopped working so i started buying oxcotin 40mg by now i was 130lbs and for age/height that was a good size. I started methadone in 2010 and i went from 130 to 155 lbs and up until recently i didn't eat healthy at all, about a week ago i started working out doing cardio every day and weights 2x a week i have went down an inch didn't loose weight but did loose an inch my diet has consisted of leafy green, poultry and i even enjoy a diet coke and diet ginger-ale here and there, i drink black coffee/ black tea alot of methadone weight gain is from metabolism slowing down and not adjusting to it, higher doses, water rention, constipation, ,eating sweets which i craved alot they are all factors, but some people might have a thyroid problem which can cause alot of weight gain. i'm on 115mg of methadone i was on 130mg as i started lowering my dose i noticed a change in my energy levels. ask your doctor i know there is a medictaio that helps with severe weight gain but it is costly

I been looking for some way to lose eight and came across u can u please tell me what u did to loss wight please!!!!!

I thought weight loss on methadone was hopeless i went from my 110 to 170 lbs now im down to 147lbs wasn't easy had to change my whole lifestyle. First I eased into it instead of driving I parked my car and started walking everywhere even doing some groceries when i didn't need to get too much. I also wrote down everything from when i woke up to went to bed what I ate where I walked in kms when I wok out, what medication what time and most importantly what I ate and drank. I didnt have much to change in drink as I drink black tea and coffee but when it came to food thats where it made a difference i never ate breakfast but I started thnis is a typical meal for me now Half a grapefruit no sugar in morning , lunch chicken salad, super corn chicken breast and salad (only greens) with minimal dressing and lots of water during the day, green tea once a day in afternoon, also i bought flavored water drops called powerade zero have one in afternoon so far its not a diet its a whole life style change getting adequate sleep,try lowering your methadone im on 110 was on 130 but i been cutting down slowly i started loosing weight before i cut down,but now im noticing more weight is coming off faster.... just dont starve yourself, eating healthier and excersice if that doesnt help get a doctor to check your thyroid an under active thyroid problem can cause weight gain its not necessarily the methadone

I would love to know what helped you lose the weight. I am so sick of feeling fat when I have been skinny my whole life, till Methadone. Can you help?

I feel everyone's pain I'm 5'11 what are used to be on opioids and coke and whatever else I can get my hands on I was a hundred and ten pounds at 5 11 and at my biggest weight I was maybe a hundred and thirty eight and now I'm a hundred ninety I keep all my clothes from when I was skinnier I have literally spent over $1000 cuz like Amber said she's a fashionista I love clothing and I want to look good but when it comes to the beach I moved off the beach because I live in Florida and I couldn't stand wearing a bathing suit and looking at myself because I used to have the perfect body and I also was a stripper for 10 years I've tried everything and I have a heart condition on top of it so because of my heart and I'm epileptic so with the methadone I either have to pay hi dollar to go get a private personal trainer and then I have to go to a gym wearing a huge tshirt and little shorts and tennis shoes and be all trendy with all the skinny girls and by I don't know why but I sweat horribly since I've been on the methadone but if I go on suboxin I end up just using the days I wanted to take it and which days I'm going to take my drugs so I have to be in a program where they are drug testing me once a month if not more and they are counseling me and its work for me very well so I know where you are and if I find any method to make everything better I will deff post It I got these patches called the slim patch you can go on wish.com they make you a little hyper but they have made me lose weight you get 10 for less than 5 bucks and you're supposed to take meizi with it and cambogia I'd you hv any heart issues deff do your research but its not approved by the FDA so I haven't tried them yetexcept for the patchedI also got these two toe rings there Robert and they go around your toe your big town I may have a metal teeth on the bottom and they make you not hungry and they work absolutely wonderfully the only problem is when you take them off and if you eat something after not eating for a day it's going to turn everything into effect is methadone and stores and your fat self but I am going to and I will get back to you guys open it is but I feel your pain definitely because I have never worn anything larger at 5 foot 11 than a size 5 or 6 and now I'm a size 13

TedtDode is 235 milligrams in less than 3 months I put on almost 60 pounds my mother is 58 and a hundred twenty pounds up until I started taking methadone I was 5 11 and 135 pounds which is pretty damn skinny for my height and now I am a hundred ninety pounds my doctor is astonished at my weight gain I go for days without eating and then the day that I do eat even if its fruit my body turns it right into fat and I'll gain 5 pounds just off of eating three apples I do understand it and I know that methadone stores in your fat cells but this is crazy and its either be fat and sober or be skinny and a junkie at this point and I want to be sober but no matter how hard I work out I just look more muscular like I could knock out a guy especially at my height lol but I know how everybody feels and especially being beach season right now I I was embarrassed I tried forever to find a one piece bathing suit couldn't find anything anything my breast because I have fake breasts and then they grew on top of that I'm so tall the bathing season long enough so I bought a two piece but of course I'm going to wear a t-shirt over it the entire time and I'm at the beach because all my friends are used to me having a perfect little skinny body but I was also very bad on cocaine when I was out opioids and when you're on opioids when it comes down to do you need the coke and the food its or the pills are the heroine of the food it comes down to the pills of heroin and I was also in a lot of cocaine and I also stripped for 10 years so I always had the money it was never a problem money ever ever ever so it just kept going and going and going and the first time I went to the methadone clinic I wasbesides at something I have a special prescription for cuz I have a prescription for Xanax which makes me very hungry also I will be suspended for 3 years so I am extremely cautious about everything and I have a heart condition so I have to watch when I work out at everything I do I can't take Hydroxycut like all my other girlfriends are doing I can't take cambogia I can't see certain things because they speed up your r my heart beats too fast regularly its probably from all the drugs I've done well actually I know its from all the drugs I've done so I know how you guys are feeling and if anybody wants to talk please reply I feel free because I have tried that vitamin vitae dose I have tried I have tried just about everything and I just got these slim patches from wish.com and they make me super hyper they don't see my her up and my girlfriend told me to wear them like right when you wake up leave it on for a few days and then I have these two rubber magnetic things that I keep on my toes they make you not hungry at all and my problem is I'm not hungry regularly but anytime if I even eat a piece of watermelon I gain 5 pounds I don't know what to do I'm begging my boyfriend for a tummy tuck and lipo suction I don't know I'll get back to you guys please reply especially if you have any advice or you just want to know any more questionshopefully my couple of posted help you guys

don't get a tummy tuck on methadone a few friends of mine did and they gained the weight all weight back plus a bit more while in recovery from tummy tuck and it looked even worse

i was skinny 93 lbs i looked bad but iate my metabolism was just stupid high hen when i started using that when i gained weight just enough to look healthy now im on borderline on of being overweight which is 149.9 i been on methadone for few years i gained alot of weight i was up to 170 and for for my height that was bad but after i started decreasing my dose i started going to gym and eating small portion 4 -5x daily instead of big lunch or super eating only once a day now im never hungry and all; water retention weight is slowly coming off Heres an average daily meal for me is 1/2 grapefruit in morning green salad for lunch (any green veggie) with 1/2 table of dressing not creamy ones like ceaser, french, catlina or ranch but a vinegar based one I personally like the sun dried tomato lite, if i go to to the gym i'll eat half a bran banana nut muffin for snack or plain rice cakes or apple sauce unsweetened, for supper chicken breast with salad and steamed veggies for snack after dinner rice cake x2 i know it sounds like alot of food but it really isnt that much when dedicate yourself to walking 5km every day and going to the gym to do other cardio up to 3-4 hour daily or doing aerobics at home + walking

I am very very interested in knowing your secret. I am on methadone for 6 years now and went from 170 to 250 and if I don't lose this fat, I'm going to jump off a bridge. I am do depressed and have tried everythimg, diet running garcinia cambogia which I've been taking for 3 months now and havent.lost one single pound. Please help.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

Hey there! I am very curious about this HCG weight loss "miracle" how do you take it? Where do you get it?? My story is like all the rest of yours, I am 5'10 and 270 lbs I was 360 but with vigorous exercise I managed to loose and get to were I am now but seems as though I have reached some kind of platue because I haven't lost A NY weight in 3 months, my baby daddy call me a fat b***h. So I would Love to get back to the 150 lbs I looked my greatest at and show him what hr lost and just plain feel better about myself and no walk around trying to pretend like I'm not ashamed of my body,.so please send me some info!! Much appreciated in advance. Your fellow Chubby Cyber Friend Tianna

What is your secret about losing weight while on methadone? I'm the biggest I've ever been, and I've had 2 kids and I haven't been this big during either of my pregnancies. I've gotta do something! I'm so sick of being fat. I've never been fat before this. Help!

Hi I just read your post about loosing weight & I'm fed up of trying all those diet pills. Being on methadone for years & have gained too much weight! Please help!

Hey Mymichelle I would love to know how you lost weight! I've been going yo the methadone clinic for a year and am so depressed with myself. I mean I am glad I'm clean but I've gained weight that I cant lose:( Please help me! Amy

Yes please I want to know how youfound how to loose weight. Please help me I'm really big. The weight is bothering my back. 

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** phone numbers are not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

Hey I just read your thread about HCG for weight loss on Methadone and you said it works. What kind did you take? Thanks