Hello guys. I have been searching for some weight loss program or diet for a long time. I have a problem with obesity since I quitted my ballet lessons. I have a lot of belly fat and my legs are huge. Because of that I started to feel very tired and without energy throughout the day. I even have difficulties while I am walking. I asked my friend for advice and he suggested me Master Cleanse diet. Apparently, by following it you can lose 10 pounds in 10 days. That sounds great.

I made some researches on the internet and I have found that this diet is also called Lemonade diet. Do you know why?

Hello there.

Yes, you are right. Master cleanse diet is often called Lemonade diet. That is because you are supposed to drink at least 6 lemonade mixtures per day. I must warn you, this diet is very strict and hard to follow.

You're only allowed a salt-water drink, “lemonade" and an herbal laxative tea for the first 10 days. You can't have any solid food, and you can’t drink alcohol.

Because you are consuming so few calories you will probably lose pounds but not in a healthy way. Drinking just lemonade, salt water and laxative tea for 10 days is very stressful for your body so I think this diet could harm your health.

Thank you a lot BlueRanger. I didn’t know that this diet is so strict. I thought you need to be self disciplined and to eat just low calorie food but I didn’t know you must consume just lemonade mixture, natural laxative tea and salt water. I mean nothing solid to eat for 10 days. That is really tough.

I understand that this diet is very hard to follow and that it isn’t the healthiest diet in the world but I like the fact that I can lose weight very fast by following it. I will try to follow it for about 10 days and then I will decide what to do next.