Hello people, today I had a little argument with my colleagues from work. Here is the thing- one of them wanted some advice on how to detoxify her body, and I recommended Lemonade or the Master Cleanse diet. And then another colleague jumped in our conversation, he was like how can I recommend that for detoxication, if we were talking about losing weight then it is ok, but according to him this diet has nothing to do with detoxification. And then I thought maybe he is right, maybe I am not well informed.Does anybody know does the lemonade diet really detoxify your body? Thanks.

Hello there. Of course it does, from my own experience this diet is one of the best ones if we are talking about the whole body detoxication. How effective it is for losing weight I wouldn’t know and I would say it’s discussable, but  if you or that colleague of yours wants to clean and refresh your body, this is the great choice then.

Of course, it’s your own choice how long and how often you will do that. I do it every two weeks for one day. If I did it for a longer period of time, then probably I would lose weight as well, but my main goal with this diet is to detoxify my body.

I wouldn’t recommend this method neither for dieting nor for detoxication. It’s a horrible way of torturing your own body with starvation. What good it can bring? If you want to lose some weight then balance your nutrition, if you want to detoxify your body then find good, healthy ways for it. There must be some healthy way which isn’t drinking just lemonade and laxatives for days.You people must learn to take better care for your body, don’t risk to ruin your health by trying God knows what methods. By the time you realize it’s bad for you it can be late.