I am practicing fitness for several years now. It became a important part of my life and life of my husband. 4 months ago I sustained heavy shoulder injury during mount biking. This passivity now is simply driving me crazy. My body is slowly gaining weight and that frightens me. I heard about pilates and I'm starting practicing it no matter what. Becoming firm with pilates, is that possible?

Yes, you can become firm with pilates. Yes, you will feel overall body health improvement. Yes, you will get your old life and old body shape back. And one big no, please don't start with pilates unless your doctor approves of it. Yes, pilates is meant for people who are rehabilitating from injuries, but still, they are doing it under doctor's supervision thus preventing any further complications. Please, check with your doctor first, you can wait for a couple of months more.