I am 14 years old and very worried about my penis and foreskin. For the last 2 years I have masturbated regularly and got a lot of erections. I noticed that my foreskin never retracts. I was told that I needed to peel it back to clean the head of my penis. Today, for the first time, I tried this. It was very painful and took a couple of minutes to do. I did this with my penis flaccid. I then attempted to wash the head of my penis, but it was very sore when it touched anything. After a few attempts I gave up. Then I tried to put it back. That is when I really started to get worried about it. I found it extremely painfull to get the foreskin back over the head of my penis. It took me almost 5 minutes and caused me a great deal of pain. When my penis is erect I can hardly see the head of my penis and can hardly pull it back at all.

What I would like you to tell me is what is wrong with me and how do I set about correcting the problem? Also, I am scared to do anything with it now as I don't know what causes it to get worse and what helps. Can you also tell me whether masturbation helps, makes it worse or doesn't affect it and the same for retracting my foreskin when it's flaccid and also when it's erect.

I would be very grateful if someone could reply A.S.A.P. as I am worried about it and don't know what to do.

Thanks in advance,
Stephen

You probably have a condition called phimosis. You are not the only one as there are a lot of men and boys with the same problem, just look around this site for example.
Phimosis is a condition in which the opening of your foreskin is narrow and it restricts foreskin movement. This condition prevents proper hygiene (by not being able to wash the penis properly) and could lead to bacterial and viral infections.

You probably didn’t notice anything before because you could manipulate the foreskin during masturbation but you would probably feel the pain during sex because the foreskin would be forcefully pulled back and you would feel a great deal of pain. Masturbation won’t hurt you.

Now, what you need to do is either try for yourself to stretch the opening of the foreskin with lots of lubrication so it wouldn’t hurt or see an urologist who would show you how to do it and even prescribe you a corticosteroid cream to help against inflammation and ease the whole stretching procedure.

Seeing a doctor is not embarrassing because most men and boys there are there for the same or even worse reasons, so you shouldn’t feel embarrassed. Doctor’s help would be the most beneficial.

Some years ago, circumcision was performed for this disorder but it is not necessary any more as other procedure are availabe.

Hello, I have another question. I'm 15, I'm uncircumcised and I masturbate. But I don't clean my penis. I can't clean it because I find it very painful to pull back my foreskin. It hurts by just touching the insides. Will I catch any disease? Or get an infection? I really want to know because I heard if you don't clean it, you'll get an infection and you'll have to surgically remove it! Please reply. Thanks!

Nothing is wrong. You are normal for your age.